Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post your schedule predictions here (wins/losses)

Week 1 Colts - W
Week 2 Cheifs - L 
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - L
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - L
Week 12 - Bengals - L 
Week 13 - Browns - W
Week 14 - Ravens - W
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - W
Week 17 - Titans - W

12-5

Trevor becomes more consistent, Calvin Ridley is a great receiver, but our Defense could still use some work. Divisional games are wonky, so I think we lose one. Picked the Texans game. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-15-2023, 05:25 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 02:02 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: The Texans are a division rival that always plays us tough no matter how bad their roster is.

In 2017 we beat the Texans 29-7 and 45-7, Colts 27-0 and 30-10.

I agree with you in most cases, but sometimes when the talent spectrum is so high between the two teams, the "division playing tougher" aspect gets slung out the window.

(05-15-2023, 12:21 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: Easily?  Lol

Lets not forget that we ended the season rough. Sure we came back from the hole we dug in the playoffs, but we couldn't stop Chad Henne from just walking down the field and scoring, we couldn't beat a QB with 1 leg. I hope we win all our games but some people need to realize we are not the Chiefs, nothing is "easy" for us. Lets not forget we lost to the Broncos last year, and barely beat a Titans team with a QB who was on the street. Again, I am hoping we punch the Chiefs in the mouth week 2, but lets be real here, we had to have miracles to beat the Ravens, Chargers and Cowboys. We aren't winning anything EASILY.

That loss to the Broncos was the last game that Trevor still looked like a below average rookie. The following week he lead a furious 17 points deficit comeback and finally started looking like the guy we thought we were getting in that draft. Also, in Trevors defense he did rally to score in the 4th to take the lead...and then bum [BLEEP] tre herndon gave up a 49 yard bomb 10 seconds later to put the Broncos back into scoring range.

I don't disagree with that. I just don't think people should be saying anything is easy for us.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

The reality is the Jaguars were 1 game better than Tennessee last season. If Dobbs doesn’t fumble the ball which led to a scoop and score then we’re watching the playoffs from the couch. The Dallas game was also won in the same fashion. Both games changed on a dime by 1 player (Jenkins). Every team in the NFL can hang 50 on anybody, even the players we call terrible are world class athletes of the highest degree.

Our slogan should be “No Gimme Games.” This will keep the fans honest and grounded.

(05-16-2023, 02:30 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The reality is the Jaguars were 1 game better than Tennessee last season. If Dobbs doesn’t fumble the ball which led to a scoop and score then we’re watching the playoffs from the couch. The Dallas game was also won in the same fashion. Both games changed on a dime by 1 player (Jenkins). Every team in the NFL can hang 50 on anybody, even the players we call terrible are world class athletes of the highest degree.

Our slogan should be “No Gimme Games.” This will keep the fans honest and grounded.

Jenkins was the classic case of "it's better to be lucky than good" in that Cowboys game at the end. He blew his assignment on that final play and was actually in the wrong spot. Thankfully Dak threw a terrible ball and it bounced our way. Jenkins happened to be the benefit of being in the right place at the wrong time.

And before I get replies of saying how do you know that, Josh Allen literally said it in the post game interview. The review of the play confirmed it as well.

Week 1 Colts - W
Week 2 Chiefs - L (I don't like our defense's chances to get stops)
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - W (Same thoughts, I think we have a better chance in London than Buffalo, but this team should be able to compete with anyone anytime, anywhere)
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - L
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 12 - Bengals - L (could go either way, but the Bengals have a really complete team right now so my gut tells me they take it)
Week 13 - Browns - W
Week 14 - Ravens - W (We did it last year, we can do it again)
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - W
Week 17 - Titans - W

Summary: I don't think our division will be very strong, per usual. We have reasons to believe we have a real contender to the Chiefs in the AFC. Have we done enough to become the #1 contender? Maybe. Hoping for big improvements out of Travon Walker. The 2017 team fell off the map the following season after an AFC Championship appearance, so having real expectations feels risky and weird. There will always be a trap game or two in there. May have to win some ugly games against low caliber teams. It's the NFL, just ready for football to come back!

Week 1 @ clots - L (Minshew gets his revenge)
Week 2 Chiefs - W (We outlast the Chefs in a hot one)
Week 3 tinhorns - W (Texas will compete for 2nd in the division, but too early for Stroud here)
Week 4 Falcons - W (London advantage)
Week 5 Bills - W (London advantage)
Week 6 - clots - W (we figure Richardson out)
Week 7 - @ Saints - L (Carr and the Saints D win this one)
Week 8 - @ Steelers - W (We win a close one on the road)
Week 9 - 49ers - L (49ers D too much)
Week 10 - tacks - W (Levis not ready)
Week 11 - @ tinhorns - L (Stroud gets better, and Texans D holds us down)
Week 12 - Bengals - W (We win a shootout on MNF)
Week 13 - @ Browns - W (Close but we pull it out)
Week 14 - Ravens - L (Lamar gets his revenge)
Week 15 - @ Buccaneers - W (Bucs in total rebuild mode)
Week 16 - Panthers - L (Panthers challenge Saints for the NFC South)
Week 17 - @ tacks - L (Henry rolls over what is now a banged up Jags D)

10 - 7 and we win the South over the 8-9 tacks.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-16-2023, 08:52 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Week 1 @ clots - L  (Minshew gets his revenge)
Week 2 Chiefs - W  (We outlast the Chefs in a hot one)
Week 3 tinhorns - W (Texas will compete for 2nd in the division, but too early for Stroud here)
Week 9 - 49ers - L  (49ers D too much)
Week 15 - @ Buccaneers - W  (Bucs in total rebuild mode)
Week 16 - Panthers - L  (Panthers challenge Saints for the NFC South)

No chance Jags lose to noodle arm.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2023, 11:49 PM by Jagsman.)

(05-16-2023, 08:52 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Week 1 @ clots - L  (Minshew gets his revenge)

Losing to the colts week 1 would be a real disappointment

Week 1 Colts - W
Week 2 Cheifs - W 
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - L
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - L
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - L
Week 12 - Bengals - L 
Week 13 - Browns - W
Week 14 - Ravens - W
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - W
Week 17 - Titans - L

11-6

In all reality we lose to Minshew week 1, then go 16-0 the following 16 games. It comes full circle.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2023, 09:50 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(05-17-2023, 09:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

No chance Jags lose to noodle arm.

I hope not, but week 1 always seems to bring surprise 'upsets'.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-18-2023, 09:49 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 09:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: No chance Jags lose to noodle arm.

I hope not, but week 1 always seems to bring surprise 'upsets'.

Also reports out of camp are really glowing of Richardson so far. No guarantees Minshew is the guy week 1.
And honestly this team has had 2 Achilles heels forever. Mobile QBs avoiding our meh pass rush and TEs in the middle of the field.
clots have a very good TE and Richardson has serious wheels.

I'll still pick us to win. But it'll be because Trevor an co carry us. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit of a 30-27 type game.

Colts beat us week 1

https://www.nfl.com/videos/adam-rank-pre...tal-access

Adam Rank predictions. I'm sorry but I'd be super disappointed if the season ended this way, even with a division title. He has us beating no one good except Baltimore and finishing 9-8
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(05-16-2023, 02:30 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The reality is the Jaguars were 1 game better than Tennessee last season. If Dobbs doesn’t fumble the ball which led to a scoop and score then we’re watching the playoffs from the couch. The Dallas game was also won in the same fashion. Both games changed on a dime by 1 player (Jenkins). Every team in the NFL can hang 50 on anybody, even the players we call terrible are world class athletes of the highest degree.

Yes the Titans played us close in week 18. 

We also dropped them on their head when Tannehil was playing back in week 14 I believe.

This team is a playoff caliber team, no way less than 10 wins, I predict 11-6
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-11-2023, 08:39 AM)Ronster Wrote: This team is a playoff caliber team, no way less than 10 wins, I predict 11-6

I think this team SHOULD be a playoff contender. But but but, but. It really just depends on unproven players, showing up. Which technically speaking, it's pretty hard to be worse year 2 than you were in year 1 just because of the experience and another off-season of work being put in.

I don't think Trevor regresses this year, he came out with 25 tds 8 ints (my prediction pre season was 22 td 15 ints) so he definitely made huge improvement from 12-15. 

I'd feel confident in this point to say I could see Trevor hitting 35 tds this year (and hopefully another >10 ints) would be a beautiful improvement and one that could on it's own at the very least keep us as frontrunners for the division. 

Where I do worry, however is the defense. 2 main issues.

Nickel Corner. Everyone on this board knows my distain for the useless player that is Tre Herndon, no disrespect to him as a person but he really, really sucks. He was giving up long passing plays all season and almost always at the worst possible time partially due to the fact that we had absolutely no pass rush. 

In other words, for this season to be an absolute success story, 10-11-12 even 13 wins.. imo we need the following to occur

Trevors next step (Looking good based on the second half of last season, combined with him now having chemistry with Zay Jones and C Kirk + the massive addition of Calvin Ridley.

Nickel Corner Back position becoming a strength rather than a huge weakness (Not so sure how I feel about this, I think it will take a rookie to outshine Herndon in TC to make this happen and I'm not sure we got one since we addressed this big need late in the draft for whatever reason. 

And Pass Rush finally, I think it's a big 50/50 on whether or not we are able to start getting at the QB this year, I think the biggest hope for me is that Travon's rookie season + another off season primes him up to at the very least, be an 8-10 sack guy... as for Josh Allen, He had a bad case of Dante Fowler syndrome last year where he'd get near the QB more often than not but just be incappable of getting him down. I've never been the biggest Allen fan, but I do think he has the ability to be really good but he needs to step it up. 

All in all, optimisticly speaking I see 13 wins with how weak our schedule is. But I'm leaning more towards 9-10 wins based in reality. I'm sure not EVERYTHING goes our way, but man.. if it does. Could be a special year.

I think the Jags could legitimately win 12 games this year, as long as we don't have too many injuries with our key players.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2023, 10:12 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

Week 1 Indianapolis - W I do not recognize the name transfer from Baltimore. Johnny U played in Baltimore, the name stays there.
Week 2 Cheifs - L
Week 3 Texans - W We welcome a rookie to the NFL.
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - L Bills avenge a few key losses to the Jags
Week 6 -Indianapolis - W We welcome another rookie to the NFL
Week 7 - Saints - W Years of cap hell take their toll.
Week 8 - Steelers - W The scoreboard lights up like a pinball machine.
Week 9 - 49ers - L Kyle Shanahan shows the league on way to beat the Jags.
Week 10 - Titans - W The Titans forget to watch the 49er game.
Week 11 - Texans - L Texans watch the 49er game and have the ball bounce their way. (I hate their battle red btw)
Week 12 - Bengals - L Cinci is just that good.
Week 13 - Browns - W Doug flips the script introducing new stuff
Week 14 - Ravens - W Ravens will be playing with a backup QB by this week.
Week 15 - Bucs - W No more Brady ...
Week 16 - Panthers - W Payback for that first Hall of Fame game.
Week 17 - Titans - L They break our home win streak, but lose the division anyway.

This is only a first pass. I will change it before the season. After that if it is actually accurate I will vehemently deny changing it despite many of you showing me this posts. See I have learned watching a few of you....Wink
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-18-2023, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: In all reality we lose to Minshew week 1, then go 16-0 the following 16 games. It comes full circle.

Yep, the opposite landed us Trevor.