Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium renovation design

Considering this is the city that tore down the Landing and decided on a no-cost park area to replace the Landing, I can't say I expect much from their decision making. They actually paid $1.7m to a design firm to render park plans which resulted in planted grass where the Landing previously existed. Nate's Landscaping Services on the Westside could have come up with that same plan for $15 and a 12-pack of beer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have no doubt that Shad and his team will design something truly iconic as the centerpiece of downtown Jacksonville.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...63755?s=20

This may deserve its own thread, but it very well could have something to do with a stadium reno plan.  So, 3 games in London is on the table at the league office?  What if the plan is to have them play in London full time for two years during a stadium renovation?  The local reaction to that would be something, I'd imagine.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2023, 02:01 PM by Caldrac.)

(05-23-2023, 01:46 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...63755?s=20

This may deserve its own thread, but it very well could have something to do with a stadium reno plan.  So, 3 games in London is on the table at the league office?  What if the plan is to have them play in London full time for two years during a stadium renovation?  The local reaction to that would be something, I'd imagine.
Then there's no reason to complete the stadium in this scenario. If you can house a team for two years in London? Why not just cement them there for the long haul?

It also begs a number of questions. What is the toll this puts on the families of the current players under contract? Do we get compensated in the event we cannot drum up additional free agents?

Are we risking Lawrence's prime years on his rookie deal to fall short of a Superbowl run by playing there for two years? Due to the logistical nightmares of flying back and forth?

How do play off games work in the event they earn homefield advantages in back to back years? I just don't see it being an option. They need to play somewhere within the state of Florida and ideally within a 2 hour transit time of Jacksonville.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Basing a team in London is pure fantasy strictly because of the stress it would put on players because of the time difference, let alone the legal and bureaucratic quandaries it raises. It’s all so stupid.

(05-23-2023, 01:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 01:46 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...63755?s=20

Then there's no reason to complete the stadium in this scenario. If you can house a team for two years in London? Why not just cement them there for the long haul?

It also begs a number of questions. What is the toll this puts on the families of the current players under contract? Do we get compensated in the event we cannot drum up additional free agents?

Are we risking Lawrence's prime years on his rookie deal to fall short of a Superbowl run by playing there for two years? Due to the logistical nightmares of flying back and forth?

How do play off games work in the event they earn homefield advantages in back to back years? I just don't see it being an option. They need to play somewhere within the state of Florida and ideally within a 2 hour transit time of Jacksonville.

Oh I agree with all your points above, but they clearly have long term plans to put a team there.  Also, a London based team could have scheduling assistance to mitigate travel issues by having 3 or 4 game homestands between similar periods on the road or maybe even an 8-9 game homestand.  That's what this "evaluation" is about.  Should we be pulling for the Jags to come out flat and tired and get run out of the building against the Bills?  Would that be the real victory here?

I don't think the league would care in the short term if a London team hosted a playoff game and had an advantage because of it (can you imagine a west coast team having to travel to London to play a playoff game?).  They'd love to see a London team host playoff football and win a championship to generate even more European and international interest.  Just too many uncomfortable coincidences connected by an errant comment by the outgoing mayor.  I hope he was talking out of his [BLEEP] and they figure out a better solution.  And they aren't going to make another team play 3 there if it gets to that point, it would absolutely be the Jags and it would be at least a 2nd home game.  That's the immediate takeaway here is a 2nd home game is on the table at the league office, maybe worse. It's just garbage.

(05-23-2023, 02:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Basing a team in London is pure fantasy strictly because of the stress it would put on players because of the time difference, let alone the legal and bureaucratic quandaries it raises. It’s all so stupid.

The Jags are not moving to London.  It's nonsensical from a team owners perspective.    Why make it harder for your team to play at it's best for all 17 games a season.

I'm sure the Jags are benefiting from having a game or two over there a season, but traveling to and from for an entire season would be murder on the players.  8 or 9 games in London, then the other 8 or 9 games in the USA?   You think the other 3 teams in the AFC South want to travel to London every year?
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2023, 07:01 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-23-2023, 03:13 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 01:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Then there's no reason to complete the stadium in this scenario. If you can house a team for two years in London? Why not just cement them there for the long haul?

Oh I agree with all your points above, but they clearly have long term plans to put a team there.  Also, a London based team could have scheduling assistance to mitigate travel issues by having 3 or 4 game homestands between similar periods on the road or maybe even an 8-9 game homestand.  That's what this "evaluation" is about.  Should we be pulling for the Jags to come out flat and tired and get run out of the building against the Bills?  Would that be the real victory here?

I don't think the league would care in the short term if a London team hosted a playoff game and had an advantage because of it (can you imagine a west coast team having to travel to London to play a playoff game?).  They'd love to see a London team host playoff football and win a championship to generate even more European and international interest.  Just too many uncomfortable coincidences connected by an errant comment by the outgoing mayor.  I hope he was talking out of his [BLEEP] and they figure out a better solution.  And they aren't going to make another team play 3 there if it gets to that point, it would absolutely be the Jags and it would be at least a 2nd home game.  That's the immediate takeaway here is a 2nd home game is on the table at the league office, maybe worse. It's just garbage.

Well guys the games have begun. All sorts of trial balloons will go up until a deal for a stadium and extension is reached.  Yea this needs it's own place on the board.  I have heard many catch phrases already. Their is a solution to built the stadium without too many games missed here in Jacksonville, but only if The NFL and Jaguars want it that way. Also any extension that has public money in it should specify no more than one home game in London. Any disagreement by the NFL will show you their real intentions.  Don't misunderstand me we are going to have to redo the stadium and pony up money.  I am for that, but not if they are going to play a bunch of home games away from here. Two years away in London, Florida Field, etc is not going to pass here nor should it.  Because if that is the case, stadium or no stadium Jax is not in their long term plans.

Roger Goodell works for the owners. He knows their plans and is paid to execute the leagues direction. He is very much prepared for all questions. EVERYTHING he says has a purpose and he is good at it. That is why he was able to get his private jet. I would suggest Curry was instructed to bring up what he did but maybe really didn't want to.

It will be interesting to see if our owner has meant everything he has said up until now. Right now I am just waiting to see how he responds.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I guess folks are going to freak out over everything remotely related to this stadium deal until plans have been made and approved.

I'll wait to hear something from Khan and Lamping on a real proposal before making assumptions.
They haven't settled on a design or begun any plans in earnest on the split of funding with the city.
If y'all are gonna overanalyze everything you can haphazardly connect to this topic until it is set in stone - you're in for a lot of anxiety.

I think they'll get a deal done and we'll end up with an amazing new facility in Jax where the Jags will continue to play 7 or more home games each year for many years to come.

If it turns out they have to play some games elsewhere while the stadium is gutted and rebuilt, then I'll travel to see them play for a while. Not ideal - but - hopefully they find a way to play at 'the bank' the whole time.

(05-23-2023, 07:00 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 03:13 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Oh I agree with all your points above, but they clearly have long term plans to put a team there.  Also, a London based team could have scheduling assistance to mitigate travel issues by having 3 or 4 game homestands between similar periods on the road or maybe even an 8-9 game homestand.  That's what this "evaluation" is about.  Should we be pulling for the Jags to come out flat and tired and get run out of the building against the Bills?  Would that be the real victory here?

Well guys the games have begun. All sorts of trial balloons will go up until a deal for a stadium and extension is reached.  Yea this needs it's own place on the board.  I have heard many catch phrases already. Their is a solution to built the stadium without too many games missed here in Jacksonville, but only if The NFL and Jaguars want it that way. Also any extension that has public money in it should specify no more than one home game in London. Any disagreement by the NFL will show you their real intentions.  Don't misunderstand me we are going to have to redo the stadium and pony up money.  I am for that, but not if they are going to play a bunch of home games away from here. Two years away in London, Florida Field, etc is not going to pass here nor should it.  Because if that is the case, stadium or no stadium Jax is not in their long term plans.

Roger Goodell works for the owners. He knows their plans and is paid to execute the leagues direction. He is very much prepared for all questions. EVERYTHING he says has a purpose and he is good at it. That is why he was able to get his private jet. I would suggest Curry was instructed to bring up what he did but maybe really didn't want to.

It will be interesting to see if our owner has meant everything he has said up until now. Right now I am just waiting to see how he responds.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.  Even if they play somewhere else for 2 years, there will be no stadium deal without a long term, legally binding commitment to stay in Jacksonville.

(05-24-2023, 05:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 07:00 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Well guys the games have begun. All sorts of trial balloons will go up until a deal for a stadium and extension is reached.  Yea this needs it's own place on the board.  I have heard many catch phrases already. Their is a solution to built the stadium without too many games missed here in Jacksonville, but only if The NFL and Jaguars want it that way. Also any extension that has public money in it should specify no more than one home game in London. Any disagreement by the NFL will show you their real intentions.  Don't misunderstand me we are going to have to redo the stadium and pony up money.  I am for that, but not if they are going to play a bunch of home games away from here. Two years away in London, Florida Field, etc is not going to pass here nor should it.  Because if that is the case, stadium or no stadium Jax is not in their long term plans.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.  Even if they play somewhere else for 2 years, there will be no stadium deal without a long term, legally binding commitment to stay in Jacksonville.

Exactly.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-22-2023, 07:06 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I have no doubt that Shad and his team will design something truly iconic as the centerpiece of downtown Jacksonville.

If history is an indication, the initial design for a project as evidenced by the renderings offered end up being scaled back to some degree for reasons unknown.  I wish Lot J had been approved though.

Though admittedly there is still a long way to go, I find the developments wit the four seasons hotel and the seeming support for a new stadium by both mayoral candidates encouraging.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-24-2023, 12:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 07:06 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I have no doubt that Shad and his team will design something truly iconic as the centerpiece of downtown Jacksonville.

If history is an indication, the initial design for a project as evidenced by the renderings offered end up being scaled back to some degree for reasons unknown.  I wish Lot J had been approved though.

Though admittedly there is still a long way to go, I find the developments wit the four seasons hotel and the seeming support for a new stadium by both mayoral candidates encouraging.

Yeah I remember the original drawings for Daily's Place being much more fluid and curved looking like water waves, but the finished structured ended up with all straight lines and jagged.

(05-25-2023, 11:53 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 12:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote: If history is an indication, the initial design for a project as evidenced by the renderings offered end up being scaled back to some degree for reasons unknown.  I wish Lot J had been approved though.

Yeah I remember the original drawings for Daily's Place being much more fluid and curved looking like water waves, but the finished structured ended up with all straight lines and jagged.

I have been there twice for two shows since it's opening. Odesza and Bob Seger. It's not a bad venue. I don't mind the concrete. It does feel very, very "Welcome to Costco" though with the slabs and uniformity.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-26-2023, 07:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 11:53 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Yeah I remember the original drawings for Daily's Place being much more fluid and curved looking like water waves, but the finished structured ended up with all straight lines and jagged.

I have been there twice for two shows since it's opening. Odesza and Bob Seger. It's not a bad venue. I don't mind the concrete. It does feel very, very "Welcome to Costco" though with the slabs and uniformity.

I can't believe they didn't give the design of the space even a semblance of deference to acoustic integrity. 

They can hang a million dollar sound system in there and it will still sound like [BLEEP] from 40% of the seats. 

They bungled that aspect. Major half measure. Literally the only fix is to turn it up so loud that the active sound drowns out most of the bad reflections. Not good.

(05-26-2023, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 07:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I have been there twice for two shows since it's opening. Odesza and Bob Seger. It's not a bad venue. I don't mind the concrete. It does feel very, very "Welcome to Costco" though with the slabs and uniformity.

I can't believe they didn't give the design of the space even a semblance of deference to acoustic integrity. 

They can hang a million dollar sound system in there and it will still sound like [BLEEP] from 40% of the seats. 

They bungled that aspect. Major half measure. Literally the only fix is to turn it up so loud that the active sound drowns out most of the bad reflections. Not good.

So it isn’t just me. I haven’t been to a concert there but have watched some of the pregame entertainment. I was astounded about how bad the acoustics are.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2023, 09:54 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-26-2023, 09:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I can't believe they didn't give the design of the space even a semblance of deference to acoustic integrity. 

So it isn’t just me. I haven’t been to a concert there but have watched some of the pregame entertainment. I was astounded about how bad the acoustics are.

It's the concrete. I can tell you that what NYC said is accurate. 100%. When I saw Odesza I was in the back row close to one of the columns. When I saw Seger I was up front. Night and day difference in sound, for sure. I just got back from Rockville and there was some flubs sound wise out there as well. Avenged Sevenfold in particular. Some of their earlier songs were [BLEEP] jacked through the speakers, sounded like a damn dog whistle I would imagine if I were a dog and heard one. It had an off pitch. Matt is too kind as a performer. 

He was kind of hinting the issue to the sound guys but didn't tell them to get their [BLEEP] together the way Rob Zombie told his guys to get their [BLEEP] together. LOL. Had a [BLEEP] blast though man. Alice Cooper was pretty fun. Tool was solid for my third time seeing them. Had fun seeing Yelawolf and Ghostemane. Sepultura was awesome. Filter was short but solid given the rain delay. Evanescene was good for the 2nd time I have seen them. I really dug Hardy. Puscifer was fun. 

Pantera absolutely stole the [BLEEP] show though for me on Saturday. That's a show I don't think I'll ever forget. If they're back around here tour wise nearby I am going. No question or doubt about it.

(05-26-2023, 09:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I can't believe they didn't give the design of the space even a semblance of deference to acoustic integrity. 

Buy tickets near the center of house and as near to the front-of-house production area as possible if you want good sound there. Otherwise you're getting too much of the weird reflected sound from the concrete and steel they didn't bother to angle properly or treat with any diffusion.

(05-23-2023, 07:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I guess folks are going to freak out over everything remotely related to this stadium deal until plans have been made and approved.

I'll wait to hear something from Khan and Lamping on a real proposal before making assumptions.
They haven't settled on a design or begun any plans in earnest on the split of funding with the city.
If y'all are gonna overanalyze everything you can haphazardly connect to this topic until it is set in stone - you're in for a lot of anxiety.

I think they'll get a deal done and we'll end up with an amazing new facility in Jax where the Jags will continue to play 7 or more home games each year for many years to come.

If it turns out they have to play some games elsewhere while the stadium is gutted and rebuilt, then I'll travel to see them play for a while. Not ideal - but - hopefully they find a way to play at 'the bank' the whole time.

We're Jaguar fans - anxiety is all we know   Smile

(05-26-2023, 11:55 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 07:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I guess folks are going to freak out over everything remotely related to this stadium deal until plans have been made and approved.

We're Jaguar fans - anxiety is all we know   Smile

[Image: giphy.gif]