Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium renovation design

Let me say this Donna Deegan being the mayor can be the best thing to happen to us as Jacksonville Jaguar fans. I say this because she is from Jacksonville and been here before the Jaguars have existed so she know how much the team means to our community. I think she would do everything she can for the stadium to be renovated.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2023, 04:48 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(05-26-2023, 07:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 11:53 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Yeah I remember the original drawings for Daily's Place being much more fluid and curved looking like water waves, but the finished structured ended up with all straight lines and jagged.

I have been there twice for two shows since it's opening. Odesza and Bob Seger. It's not a bad venue. I don't mind the concrete. It does feel very, very "Welcome to Costco" though with the slabs and uniformity.

Hey I like Costco.

(05-26-2023, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 07:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I have been there twice for two shows since it's opening. Odesza and Bob Seger. It's not a bad venue. I don't mind the concrete. It does feel very, very "Welcome to Costco" though with the slabs and uniformity.

I can't believe they didn't give the design of the space even a semblance of deference to acoustic integrity. 

They can hang a million dollar sound system in there and it will still sound like [BLEEP] from 40% of the seats. 

They bungled that aspect. Major half measure. Literally the only fix is to turn it up so loud that the active sound drowns out most of the bad reflections. Not good.

Yeah, I've been to one show there and wasn't a fan of the place.  I really dig seeing shows at the florida theater (ground level, not really a fan of the balcony unless you're right up front on it) and the amp in st. aug.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2023, 05:33 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(05-26-2023, 04:04 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Let me say this Donna Deegan being the mayor can be the best thing to happen to us as Jacksonville Jaguar fans. I say this because she is from Jacksonville and been here before the Jaguars have existed so she know how much the team means to our community. I think she would do everything she can for the stadium to be renovated.

Still has to be approved by City Council. Deegan can only stump for it.

(05-26-2023, 09:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 09:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: So it isn’t just me. I haven’t been to a concert there but have watched some of the pregame entertainment. I was astounded about how bad the acoustics are.

It's the concrete. I can tell you that what NYC said is accurate. 100%. When I saw Odesza I was in the back row close to one of the columns. When I saw Seger I was up front. Night and day difference in sound, for sure. I just got back from Rockville and there was some flubs sound wise out there as well. Avenged Sevenfold in particular. Some of their earlier songs were [BLEEP] jacked through the speakers, sounded like a damn dog whistle I would imagine if I were a dog and heard one. It had an off pitch. Matt is too kind as a performer. 

He was kind of hinting the issue to the sound guys but didn't tell them to get their [BLEEP] together the way Rob Zombie told his guys to get their [BLEEP] together. LOL. Had a [BLEEP] blast though man. Alice Cooper was pretty fun. Tool was solid for my third time seeing them. Had fun seeing Yelawolf and Ghostemane. Sepultura was awesome. Filter was short but solid given the rain delay. Evanescene was good for the 2nd time I have seen them. I really dug Hardy. Puscifer was fun. 

Pantera absolutely stole the [BLEEP] show though for me on Saturday. That's a show I don't think I'll ever forget. If they're back around here tour wise nearby I am going. No question or doubt about it.

Alice Cooper guitarist Nita Strauss can play.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-26-2023, 05:32 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 04:04 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Let me say this Donna Deegan being the mayor can be the best thing to happen to us as Jacksonville Jaguar fans. I say this because she is from Jacksonville and been here before the Jaguars have existed so she know how much the team means to our community. I think she would do everything she can for the stadium to be renovated.

Still has to be approved by City Council. Deegan can only stump for it.

(05-26-2023, 09:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's the concrete. I can tell you that what NYC said is accurate. 100%. When I saw Odesza I was in the back row close to one of the columns. When I saw Seger I was up front. Night and day difference in sound, for sure. I just got back from Rockville and there was some flubs sound wise out there as well. Avenged Sevenfold in particular. Some of their earlier songs were [BLEEP] jacked through the speakers, sounded like a damn dog whistle I would imagine if I were a dog and heard one. It had an off pitch. Matt is too kind as a performer. 

He was kind of hinting the issue to the sound guys but didn't tell them to get their [BLEEP] together the way Rob Zombie told his guys to get their [BLEEP] together. LOL. Had a [BLEEP] blast though man. Alice Cooper was pretty fun. Tool was solid for my third time seeing them. Had fun seeing Yelawolf and Ghostemane. Sepultura was awesome. Filter was short but solid given the rain delay. Evanescene was good for the 2nd time I have seen them. I really dug Hardy. Puscifer was fun. 

Pantera absolutely stole the [BLEEP] show though for me on Saturday. That's a show I don't think I'll ever forget. If they're back around here tour wise nearby I am going. No question or doubt about it.

Alice Cooper guitarist Nita Strauss can play.
She really can. I liked Alice's showmanship. He highlighted all of his bandmates. Was a good show.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-26-2023, 04:45 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 07:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I have been there twice for two shows since it's opening. Odesza and Bob Seger. It's not a bad venue. I don't mind the concrete. It does feel very, very "Welcome to Costco" though with the slabs and uniformity.

Hey I like Costco.

(05-26-2023, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I can't believe they didn't give the design of the space even a semblance of deference to acoustic integrity. 

They can hang a million dollar sound system in there and it will still sound like [BLEEP] from 40% of the seats. 

They bungled that aspect. Major half measure. Literally the only fix is to turn it up so loud that the active sound drowns out most of the bad reflections. Not good.

Yeah, I've been to one show there and wasn't a fan of the place.  I really dig seeing shows at the florida theater (ground level, not really a fan of the balcony unless you're right up front on it) and the amp in st. aug.

I love the St. A. Amp!

(05-26-2023, 09:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 04:45 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Hey I like Costco.

I love the St. A. Amp!

That's a great venue. Saw Tame Impala and Tash Sultana there a few years ago during the same month. Really, really nice setup out there. I like how the stage is down while the seating goes up. Gives everybody a fair shake viewing wise. The awning set up above the whole place gives it a nice touch and being able to dip out on either side to grab a drink and a bite to eat really quickly is a plus.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-27-2023, 01:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 09:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I love the St. A. Amp!

That's a great venue. Saw Tame Impala and Tash Sultana there a few years ago during the same month. Really, really nice setup out there. I like how the stage is down while the seating goes up. Gives everybody a fair shake viewing wise. The awning set up above the whole place gives it a nice touch and being able to dip out on either side to grab a drink and a bite to eat really quickly is a plus.
Nice! I'm headed to hear Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke's side project there in late June. 
The folks that run the place are great too. 
I've performed there a half dozen times and their hospitality is top notch.
They have a little back porch stage for smaller events with crowds up to 900 or so that's cool as well. 
  It's located in what is normally "back stage parking" during big events.
Plus - there's a garden out back with herbs and veggies and they do a little produce farmers market thing regularly that locals dig. 
Interesting trivia: the promotion team there also books the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall.

(05-27-2023, 02:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 01:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That's a great venue. Saw Tame Impala and Tash Sultana there a few years ago during the same month. Really, really nice setup out there. I like how the stage is down while the seating goes up. Gives everybody a fair shake viewing wise. The awning set up above the whole place gives it a nice touch and being able to dip out on either side to grab a drink and a bite to eat really quickly is a plus.
Nice! I'm headed to hear Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke's side project there in late June. 
The folks that run the place are great too. 
I've performed there a half dozen times and their hospitality is top notch.
They have a little back porch stage for smaller events with crowds up to 900 or so that's cool as well. 
  It's located in what is normally "back stage parking" during big events.
Plus - there's a garden out back with herbs and veggies and they do a little produce farmers market thing regularly that locals dig. 
Interesting trivia: the promotion team there also books the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall.

Hell yeah man! Sounds like a good time. I really digged Greenwood's work on the OST for "There Will Be Blood". Prospectors Arrive still gives me chills. Right up there with Treefingers.

I still can't believe she is the mayor. I'm still mad at her for cheating on Dan after all these years, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-27-2023, 02:54 PM)Dimson Wrote:

I still can't believe she is the mayor. I'm still mad at her for cheating on Dan after all these years, lol.

I remember that and the firestone her infidelity created because of it. People forget her name used to be Donna Hicken which is another reason why I think this stadium deal would get done because all her children are Jacksonville Jaguars fans as well.

(05-27-2023, 08:54 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 02:54 PM)Dimson Wrote: I still can't believe she is the mayor. I'm still mad at her for cheating on Dan after all these years, lol.

I remember that and the firestone her infidelity created because of it. People forget her name used to be Donna Hicken which is another reason why I think this stadium deal would get done because all her children are Jacksonville Jaguars fans as well.

Before that it was Donna Hazouri.

Sounds familiar because she's a cousin of another Jacksonville mayor, FL House Rep, Jax City Councilman, and graduate of Andrew Jackson High School and Jacksonville University, Tommy Hazouri, RIP. 

Her work as a champion for cancer research and awareness is actually very impressive.

(05-27-2023, 09:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 08:54 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:  I remember that and the firestone her infidelity created because of it. People forget her name used to be Donna Hicken which is another reason why I think this stadium deal would get done because all her children are Jacksonville Jaguars fans as well.

Before that it was Donna Hazouri.

Sounds familiar because she's a cousin of another Jacksonville mayor, FL House Rep, Jax City Councilman, and graduate of Andrew Jackson High School and Jacksonville University, Tommy Hazouri, RIP. 

Her work as a champion for cancer research and awareness is actually very impressive.

That's true and she has some deep roots in the Jacksonville market because I remember her ever since I was a child. She will do everything In her power to keep that team in Jacksonville.