Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rookie Mini Camp Reports

Yeah, it’s too soon to judge.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-13-2023, 11:44 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 07:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you are getting happy or sad from 7 on 7 drills in rookie mini camp, you're reading waaaaayyyyy too far into this [BLEEP]

Don't get me wrong, i'm not flippin tables over it. I just don't expect a 1st round tackle to get handled by a 5th round edge rusher. And this clip was far from the only time it happened. Now, with that said.. Maybe Abdullah turns out to be an epic steal in the draft and is actually just that guy.

Most 5th tound edge rushers don't have 4.47 in their locker.   He has the ability to get to the edge and tune the corner, we know that.  the question is, does he have the length to compete when he doesn't win clean @ the Los.  That question will get answered when we get oaks on.  

Aa for the first round tackle,   our online coach took jawaan Taylor from under achiever to starting LT for the world championship.

(05-14-2023, 06:40 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 11:44 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Don't get me wrong, i'm not flippin tables over it. I just don't expect a 1st round tackle to get handled by a 5th round edge rusher. And this clip was far from the only time it happened. Now, with that said.. Maybe Abdullah turns out to be an epic steal in the draft and is actually just that guy.

Most 5th tound edge rushers don't have 4.47 in their locker.   He has the ability to get to the edge and tune the corner, we know that.  the question is, does he have the length to compete when he doesn't win clean @ the Los.  That question will get answered when we get oaks on.  

Aa for the first round tackle,   our online coach took jawaan Taylor from under achiever to starting LT for the world championship.
Agree.

However, Chiefs moved Taylor back to RT after they signed Donovan Smith.

It's also not a given that a 5th rounder makes the team (I realize Abdullah is almost certainly making this team) which should light a fire under guys taken at that point in the draft. He may feel he has something to prove, which is fine, he should feel that way. Harrison may just be more aware of his particular circumstances of being padless in an almost meaningless, "going-through-the-motions" rookie mini camp where in his position his spot on the roster is secure. Only thing he should be and should have been concerned about is not getting injured. The only conclusion I'm drawing from this is Abdullah is very likely motivated to show out.

(05-14-2023, 09:36 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It's also not a given that a 5th rounder makes the team (I realize Abdullah is almost certainly making this team) which should light a fire under guys taken at that point in the draft.  He may feel he has something to prove, which is fine, he should feel that way.  Harrison may just be more aware of his particular circumstances of being padless in an almost meaningless, "going-through-the-motions" rookie mini camp where in his position his spot on the roster is secure.  Only thing he should be and should have been concerned about is not getting injured.  The only conclusion I'm drawing from this is Abdullah is very likely motivated to show out.

Which is why that db room is going to be litty!!@

(05-13-2023, 11:44 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 07:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you are getting happy or sad from 7 on 7 drills in rookie mini camp, you're reading waaaaayyyyy too far into this [BLEEP]

Don't get me wrong, i'm not flippin tables over it. I just don't expect a 1st round tackle to get handled by a 5th round edge rusher. And this clip was far from the only time it happened. Now, with that said.. Maybe Abdullah turns out to be an epic steal in the draft and is actually just that guy.

LOL

The camp report I read said they matched ups 4 times. 2 of which were not full speed and that's why no one bothered to post clips. 

We don't know who can and can't get past Harrison on May 14.   A'int nobody "handling" anybody yet.

(05-14-2023, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 11:44 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Don't get me wrong, i'm not flippin tables over it. I just don't expect a 1st round tackle to get handled by a 5th round edge rusher. And this clip was far from the only time it happened. Now, with that said.. Maybe Abdullah turns out to be an epic steal in the draft and is actually just that guy.

LOL

The camp report I read said they matched ups 4 times. 2 of which were not full speed and that's why no one bothered to post clips. 

We don't know who can and can't get past Harrison on May 14.   A'int nobody "handling" anybody yet.

That was my point earlier when I gave the Abdullah a "game watch".  If you slow it down just a bit and look close Harrison missed his hand placement the FIRST time. He lands his left hand you get a different result. That and only one player was moving fast the first time. The second time they both were. Just my opinion.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Stress less people

(05-13-2023, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 03:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Dunno if I'm happy or sad that Abdullah looks to be getting the better of our 1st round tackle.

We need to remember this is a new position for Harrison. With that said,  we are known for drafting players in the first and playing them out of their natural position.  Fowler, Bryan,Walker etc.

I have never understood this. It makes no sense to me.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023, 05:34 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(05-14-2023, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

LOL

Dunno what you read, but the same twitter profile that posted the clip from this thread has multiple others. Maybe try clicking the link and finding out.

(05-14-2023, 05:04 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

That was my point earlier when I gave the Abdullah a "game watch".  If you slow it down just a bit and look close Harrison missed his hand placement the FIRST time. He lands his left hand you get a different result. That and only one player was moving fast the first time. The second time they both were. Just my opinion.
Looks like holding to me on the second rep. Also idk why the hell the picture is so small but just watch the twitter post if you cant see this.

[Image: 675101b5311bf8ff72e3c511dbbe9815.png]

(05-15-2023, 05:31 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Dunno what you read, but the same twitter profile that posted the clip from this thread has multiple others. Maybe try clicking the link and finding out.

(05-14-2023, 05:04 PM)Jag149 Wrote: That was my point earlier when I gave the Abdullah a "game watch".  If you slow it down just a bit and look close Harrison missed his hand placement the FIRST time. He lands his left hand you get a different result. That and only one player was moving fast the first time. The second time they both were. Just my opinion.
Looks like holding to me on the second rep. Also idk why the hell the picture is so small but just watch the twitter post if you cant see this.

[Image: 675101b5311bf8ff72e3c511dbbe9815.png]

Well, guess it's settled. Not even three weeks into his NFL career and it's quite obvious Anton Harrison is going to be a bigger bust than Dolly Parton's bust.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-15-2023, 05:31 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Incorrect. 

Post them if you have them, but there are none.

To quote Boselli on this topic from this morning's radio show:

"If any media member is trying to make evaluations of a player form rookie min camp, they need to be put in time out"

Also this quote from Shipley stating exactly what I've been telling you (four reps) 

Quote:If Saturday's practice showed us anything, it is that first-round offensive tackle Anton Harrison and fifth-round pass-rusher Yasir Abdullah will be a premium matchup during pass-rush drills in training camp later this summer. The duo faced off several times on Saturday, with the pair splitting wins during four reps against one another. 

(05-15-2023, 08:51 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-15-2023, 05:31 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Dunno what you read, but the same twitter profile that posted the clip from this thread has multiple others. Maybe try clicking the link and finding out.

Incorrect. 

"If any media member is trying to make evaluations of a player form rookie min camp, they need to be put in time out"

Also this quote from Shipley stating exactly what I've been telling you (four reps) 

Quote:If Saturday's practice showed us anything, it is that first-round offensive tackle Anton Harrison and fifth-round pass-rusher Yasir Abdullah will be a premium matchup during pass-rush drills in training camp later this summer. The duo faced off several times on Saturday, with the pair splitting wins during four reps against one another. 

Nobody is making evaluations, but continue jumping the gun. Just find it odd to watch a 5th round rookie make a 1st round tackle look silly.

(05-16-2023, 03:12 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-15-2023, 08:51 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Incorrect. 

Nobody is making evaluations, but continue jumping the gun. Just find it odd to watch a 5th round rookie make a 1st round tackle look silly.

From the king of jumping the gun. Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Are we seriously talking about one play in a non-padded rookie minicamp?

You're the one jumping the gun - I was the one trying to pump the brakes for you. 
You're the one who was just caught blatantly lying about their reps and the clips posted of them  (but keep deflecting that as usual) 
And you're the one claiming player A made player B "look silly" when they don't even have pads on and clearly aren't repping at full speed

LOL

(05-16-2023, 08:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 03:12 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Nobody is making evaluations, but continue jumping the gun. Just find it odd to watch a 5th round rookie make a 1st round tackle look silly.

Are we seriously talking about one play in a non-padded rookie minicamp?

It is officially workout overreaction szn

Just wait until TL throws a pick in 11 on 11s

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2023, 01:59 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 2 times in total.)

Please no stupid no-contact injuries. Ngakoue was a steal for us, maybe we found our next situational rusher that gets timely sacks for us. Glad to see Harrison bounce back on that next rep, the first one was a bad look. Looking like Ephraim Salaam out there.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2023, 06:58 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

(05-16-2023, 09:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 03:12 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Nobody is making evaluations, but continue jumping the gun. Just find it odd to watch a 5th round rookie make a 1st round tackle look silly.

You're the one jumping the gun - I was the one trying to pump the brakes for you. 
You're the one who was just caught blatantly lying about their reps and the clips posted of them  (but keep deflecting that as usual) 
And you're the one claiming player A made player B "look silly" when they don't even have pads on and clearly aren't repping at full speed

LOL

(05-16-2023, 08:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Are we seriously talking about one play in a non-padded rookie minicamp?

It is officially workout overreaction szn

Just wait until TL throws a pick in 11 on 11s

The pessimist will say, "OMG, Trevor is regressing!"  and the optimists will say, "We've found a DB!"

Just like in this case, the pessimist (you know who) says, "I'm very concerned about our first round pick." and the optimists say, "Hey, maybe we found a pass rusher in the 5th round!"

It happens every single year without exception.