Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars to sign former Rams TE Jacob Harris.

(05-16-2023, 11:43 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 11:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

"stench" and "wreak" are words meant to carry a negative connotation. 
Also - it's "reek" not "wreak.

You are using them incorrectly and getting upset that they are being interpreted correctly.

"Bad and "nasty" are words meant to carry a negative connotation. 

"Damn she's bad" ~ Complimenting a girls looks
"Damn that cars got a nasty 0-60 ~ Complimenting the vehicle performance

We get it, half of you on this board are 3/4th the way through your lives and probably still use phrases like "gee willikers" and "son of a biscuit" but some of us on this board aren't currently getting SSI payments, and you're living in 2023, not the world you remember back in the 60s old man.

stench

[sten(t)SH]
NOUN
  1. a strong and very unpleasant smell:
    "the stench of rotting fish"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-18-2023, 12:51 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 10:06 AM)Jag149 Wrote: I get it,   To be sure I had a wide variety of age groups review your comments. (since for some reason you have an issue with older people) They came to the same conclusion I did. You are adept at using misdirection, conveniently misspelling and selective word definitions to avoid having to admit when you have a bad take on things. That cool by me you can do that, just don't think I buy any of that poop.

As for "gee willikers" and "son of a biscuit"  I believe that would be people a generation or two before most of us, so that is a bad take and quite insulting.

What take exactly would it be that i'm trying to play mind games with my words on? I never hated Balke like the majority of this fanbase. I do however, acknowledge that he has a tendency to try and find "steals" talent wise, who were made available either later in a draft or cheaper in free agency than normal because of injury problems. 

It's even more insulting to continously assume somebody has bad intentions in their post, especially when it was the responder making a context error. Move along.

(05-16-2023, 11:51 PM)scottyg Wrote: And you continue to act like a douche at every opportunity.  Way to stay consistent, child.

My original posts almost never have anything resembling doucheness, the only time the douche comes out is when I have to respond to absolutely clueless bafoons like yourself.

....so you're insinuating that  "the stench of a Balke [sic] classic" has a positive, or even neutral connotation?

(05-18-2023, 12:51 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 10:06 AM)Jag149 Wrote: I get it,   To be sure I had a wide variety of age groups review your comments. (since for some reason you have an issue with older people) They came to the same conclusion I did. You are adept at using misdirection, conveniently misspelling and selective word definitions to avoid having to admit when you have a bad take on things. That cool by me you can do that, just don't think I buy any of that poop.

As for "gee willikers" and "son of a biscuit"  I believe that would be people a generation or two before most of us, so that is a bad take and quite insulting.

What take exactly would it be that i'm trying to play mind games with my words on? I never hated Balke like the majority of this fanbase. I do however, acknowledge that he has a tendency to try and find "steals" talent wise, who were made available either later in a draft or cheaper in free agency than normal because of injury problems. 

It's even more insulting to continously assume somebody has bad intentions in their post, especially when it was the responder making a context error. Move along.

(05-16-2023, 11:51 PM)scottyg Wrote: And you continue to act like a douche at every opportunity.  Way to stay consistent, child.

My original posts almost never have anything resembling doucheness, the only time the douche comes out is when I have to respond to absolutely clueless bafoons like yourself.

It comes out pretty much any time anyone tries to correct you or if someone disagrees with anything you have to say.  Try to develop a bit self awareness so you might understand just how rude you typically come across under those circumstances.  You aren't a victim here - you're actually aggressively asinine.  Oh, and it's "buffoon", goofball.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2023, 03:46 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-18-2023, 12:57 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(05-18-2023, 12:51 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: What take exactly would it be that i'm trying to play mind games with my words on? I never hated Balke like the majority of this fanbase. I do however, acknowledge that he has a tendency to try and find "steals" talent wise, who were made available either later in a draft or cheaper in free agency than normal because of injury problems. 

It comes out pretty much any time anyone tries to correct you or if someone disagrees with anything you have to say.  Try to develop a bit self awareness so you might understand just how rude you typically come across under those circumstances.  You aren't a victim here - you're actually aggressively asinine.  Oh, and it's "buffoon", goofball.

Because it quite clearly wasn't meant as a Balke diss. All I was saying was that this fits the Balke profile. I really feel like i'm speaking to my 90 year old grandfather trying to explain slang.

This is no different than if ETN broke off a 90 yard touchdown run and the commentators said "that was a nasty run by ETN"

A select group of posters on this board just argue for the sake of arguing, like do y'all have that much free time on your hands? Retirement that boring?

(05-18-2023, 03:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-18-2023, 12:57 PM)scottyg Wrote: It comes out pretty much any time anyone tries to correct you or if someone disagrees with anything you have to say.  Try to develop a bit self awareness so you might understand just how rude you typically come across under those circumstances.  You aren't a victim here - you're actually aggressively asinine.  Oh, and it's "buffoon", goofball.

Because it quite clearly wasn't meant as a Balke diss. All I was saying was that this fits the Balke profile. I really feel like i'm speaking to my 90 year old grandfather trying to explain slang.

This is no different than if ETN broke off a 90 yard touchdown run and the commentators said "that was a nasty run by ETN"

A select group of posters on this board just argue for the sake of arguing, like do y'all have that much free time on your hands? Retirement that boring?

The purpose of language is to communicate, and since, when you used the word "stench," everyone thought you actually meant "stench," it appears the failure is yours.

(05-18-2023, 12:57 PM)scottyg Wrote: It comes out pretty much any time anyone tries to correct you or if someone disagrees with anything you have to say.  Try to develop a bit self awareness so you might understand just how rude you typically come across under those circumstances.  You aren't a victim here - you're actually aggressively asinine.  Oh, and it's "buffoon", goofball.

And we feel like we're explaining English to a 4th grader every time you dig further in in one of your bad posts.

(05-18-2023, 04:43 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-18-2023, 03:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Because it quite clearly wasn't meant as a Balke diss. All I was saying was that this fits the Balke profile. I really feel like i'm speaking to my 90 year old grandfather trying to explain slang.

The purpose of language is to communicate, and since, when you used the word "stench," everyone thought you actually meant "stench," it appears the failure is yours.

How dare you use his words against him? Haven't you already seen that he never means what he says as evidenced by his history of psuedo backtracking every piss poor take he's had? I mean, there's a veritable library of them from which to choose.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-16-2023, 11:43 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 11:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

"stench" and "wreak" are words meant to carry a negative connotation. 
Also - it's "reek" not "wreak.

You are using them incorrectly and getting upset that they are being interpreted correctly.

"Bad and "nasty" are words meant to carry a negative connotation. 

"Damn she's bad" ~ Complimenting a girls looks
"Damn that cars got a nasty 0-60 ~ Complimenting the vehicle performance

We get it, half of you on this board are 3/4th the way through your lives and probably still use phrases like "gee willikers" and "son of a biscuit" but some of us on this board aren't currently getting SSI payments, and you're living in 2023, not the world you remember back in the 60s old man.

Stay classy man.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

What is happening? Lol

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2023, 07:56 AM by Mikey.)

quite clearly indeed. but everyone except yourself took it as a dig at his past rep. How foolish of everyone else not to know the stench of Balke [sic] classics was a good thing.

I bet everyone meant well when they called Freddy T fragile, too.

(05-18-2023, 07:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What is happening? Lol

best of my knowledge, we still aint signed the dude and TMD poochie has everyone's attention just as he wanted.

When shown to be ignorant, deflect with agism insults directed at people almost certainly more versed in youthful vernacular than yourself. 

Weak flex, youngblood. 

Back on topic :

Here is the old prospect blurb on the TE/WR Harris

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jacob-harr...f0633c22cd

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2023, 11:54 AM by Kane.)

Apparently we're not hip to the new lingo all the cool kids are using these days. 

Or someone failed English 4 times.

I'm not really sure.

OT: we gonna run some dangerous TE sets with Engram, Strange, and Harris

(05-19-2023, 11:52 AM)Kane Wrote:

Apparently we're not hip to the new lingo all the cool kids are using these days. 

I'm not really sure.

OT: we gonna run some dangerous TE sets with Engram, Strange, and Harris
I'm 37. I deal with kids of all ages. I run a summer program where I have coaches who are 18-22. I teach kids from age 6-11.

No one is using the word stench in a positive light. I can assure you of that.

The stench of ChrisJagsBoy is continuing on this site.

Of course, I might be meaning that in a good way.

(05-19-2023, 12:32 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

The stench of ChrisJagsBoy is continuing on this site.

The stench emanates from people who are full of [BLEEP]. [BLEEP] meaning, of course, wisdom and insight. So, when we say someone is full of [BLEEP], what we really mean is they are astute. 

It’s the honest false. False meaning, of course, the truth. Or something.

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2023, 07:51 AM by Mikey.)

(05-19-2023, 11:52 AM)Kane Wrote:

I'm not really sure.

Me fail English?

That's unpossible!!

(05-19-2023, 12:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-19-2023, 12:32 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: The stench of ChrisJagsBoy is continuing on this site.

The stench emanates from people who are full of [BLEEP]. [BLEEP] meaning, of course, wisdom and insight. So, when we say someone is full of [BLEEP], what we really mean is they are astute. 

It’s the honest false. False meaning, of course, the truth. Or something.

I call my farts "astutes".

Their bouquet is stencherific, and draw many compliments from individuals in my vicinity.

We get a new version of WR Matt Jones.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(05-22-2023, 07:05 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: We get a new version of WR Matt Jones.

....does Harris use more than one hand to catch passes? Stupid Rodney.

(05-18-2023, 03:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Because it quite clearly wasn't meant as a Balke diss. All I was saying was that this fits the Balke profile. I really feel like i'm speaking to my 90 year old grandfather trying to explain slang.

(Emphasis added)

I'm sorry, are any of these posts of consequence?  (For the record, I'm not dissing anyone's posts since I've posted more than most for longer than most over the years.)

Is anyone getting paid for posting here-especially by the team?

Has it been proven that a post on this board actually influenced the team making some sort of personnel or coaching decision?  As much as my ego would like credit for a good Jaguars decision I've advocated over the years, it's doubtful anyone even remotely associated with the Jaguars somehow scours this board in search of nuggets of wisdom from fans to somehow relay back to the Jaguars brass to use in their decision making.  Over the years, the occasional player has posted here for [BLEEP] and giggles, but the net effect was still the same:  this board is wholly inconsequential in terms of the impact it has on teams and their decision making.  So everyone who posts is, at the end of the day, does so for argument's sake...to exchange thoughts and ideas.

Does that, in itself, invalidate the opinions, arguments pro and con, etc? 

No, not if thee board is beheld in its proper context-a forum by which to offer opinions, convey news, etc.

That said, know that if you offer takes that stray from the dominant paradigm and are not persuasive enough to change or even significantly influence that dominant paradigm, if you offer takes that use words incorrectly, have factual errors, engage in personal attack, etc., you open yourself to all kinds of criticism.

Dismissively stereotyping those who disagree with your takes is not helpful if all you want to do is talk football.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-23-2023, 07:48 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 07:05 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: We get a new version of WR Matt Jones.

....does Harris use more than one hand to catch passes? Stupid Rodney.

Considering he only has 1 catch in the NFL, does anyone really know?