Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lets be honest.

<insert Debbie Downer gif>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2023, 08:56 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 1 time in total.)

I am also sick of people crying about the defense. Go look back at the top 15 Superbowl winners. Most had decent to good Defense but very few were these monsters on defense shutting people down. I much rather have a great offense than a great defense in today's era. Defensive players are expensive. This team has got to worry about the upcoming 9 figure deal for Lawrence. Lawrence also needs weapons. You can't pay everybody.

(05-21-2023, 09:31 AM)Ronster Wrote: I am of the “Show me” club. I want to see them pick up where they left off last year and improve upon that. The Chiefs are the target. Time for the Jags to take the next step, if they can do that this year, I’ll believe. We’ll see, soon enough…

We will see for sure.

Not you though.

Because you're boycotting.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2023, 08:06 AM by Mikey.)

(05-20-2023, 09:26 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: ok it was great Jags won division in 2022,made playoffs lost to the chiefs.  It was a lot of fun the last season. yes we should have hope for a bright furture, but lets not forget last time jags won divison with a first year head Coach.  They lost players in the off season from the defense, key players,and the team went back downhill, and stunk again.  Jags lost a key defensive player this offseason when Key went to tittians, and smoot is still recovering from injury.  Jags won division in 2017,and in 2018 team went downhill. Its been all down hill since then until last season. I will admit why im excited for the furture of jags I'm still afried, and worried we will get a repeat of 2018-2019 season. Don't get me wrong im not saying thats whats going to happen,im just saying its on my mind for upcomeing season and we shouldn't set our expentations to high yet.  anyone else feel the same way?

He was a key player in name only.

If you are putting the success of a season on the shoulders of a couple of reserve players, well, we don't need to continue this discussion because it's proof you don't get it.

This season rides squarely on the shoulders of our QB, and it will continue to do so as long as he's here.

If expectations get you down, don't expect anything. Sit back, enjoy the show, and cheer for the laundry. It's freeing.

(05-21-2023, 06:38 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I expent then to win at least 11 games. And both against the tittians.

I see you are fluent in Snowy.

I wasn't trying to be a debbie downer.  was just saying im excited ,and nervoues for the upcomeing season due to the letdowns Jags have had in the past. I wasn't saying team will be bad,or good,just that  the team disspointing is on my mind cause of past folloew ups to winning seasons in last few years. I also wasn't saying team needs a elite defense,just that your not gonna win games if you can;t stop the other teams offensse from scoreing. you could score  30 points on offensse,and still lose 37 to 30 if your defense can't stop other teams ofensse. just saying.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(05-21-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 09:31 AM)Ronster Wrote: I am of the “Show me” club. I want to see them pick up where they left off last year and improve upon that. The Chiefs are the target. Time for the Jags to take the next step, if they can do that this year, I’ll believe. We’ll see, soon enough…

Actually, you declared yourself 'boycott club' long ago. 

Your whiny bull [BLEEP] is therefore null and void.

I will boycott again if they start kneeling for our national anthem based off of lies and propaganda that does NOTHING but perpetuate hate and division. 

Pssst, I am allowed to have an opinion and if you don't like that, I DON'T GIVE A [BLEEP]!!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-21-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Actually, you declared yourself 'boycott club' long ago. 

HAHAHAHAHA

PREEEEEACH

(05-22-2023, 08:33 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Actually, you declared yourself 'boycott club' long ago. 

I will boycott again if they start kneeling for our national anthem based off of lies and propaganda that does NOTHING but perpetuate hate and division. 

Pssst, I am allowed to have an opinion and if you don't like that, I DON'T GIVE A [BLEEP]!!!

Please leave politics out of the football forums or receive warnings. 

Yes, you are allowed to have opinions.

I'm allowed to think you're a little [BLEEP]. 

You are allowed to boycott.

But, when your weak little offended [BLEEP] comes crawling back and demanding what you "need to see" from the football team you quit on, you will 100% catch hell for it.

(05-22-2023, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 08:33 AM)Ronster Wrote: I will boycott again if they start kneeling for our national anthem based off of lies and propaganda that does NOTHING but perpetuate hate and division. 

But, when your weak little offended [BLEEP] comes crawling back and demanding what you "need to see" from the football team you quit on, you will 100% catch hell for it.
This is Christmas in May.

(05-22-2023, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 08:33 AM)Ronster Wrote: I will boycott again if they start kneeling for our national anthem based off of lies and propaganda that does NOTHING but perpetuate hate and division. 

Why? Me boycotting a season for the teams actions has nothing to do with my football acumen. [BLEEP], I've been a fan since day one and a 15 year season ticket holder. I'LL SAY WHATEVER THE [BLEEP] I WAN'T too. I've earned that right and again, if your fragile sensibilities don't like that, Go pound sand....
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-22-2023, 10:01 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Please leave politics out of the football forums or receive warnings. 

Why? Me boycotting a season for the teams actions has nothing to do with my football acumen. [BLEEP], I've been a fan since day one and a 15 year season ticket holder. I'LL SAY WHATEVER THE [BLEEP] I WAN'T too. I've earned that right and again, if your fragile sensibilities don't like that, Go pound sand....

Glad you are enjoying the ramifications of your boycott. 
Another happy message board customer! 

[Image: giphy.gif]

https://youtu.be/aSpCKs6OlVI

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-21-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Actually, you declared yourself 'boycott club' long ago. 

I will boycott again if bloopity blorp doodle doo

keep the politics in the right thread, champ.

Barring injury to TLaw, the team should win 10+ wins per year for the next 5+ years.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Here here.  SO sick of this crying victim society today.

(05-21-2023, 06:24 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.picturequotes.com%2F...ipo=images]

The troll lives!

That boycott worked pretty well. The NFL is still suffering as TV deals are falling through and QBs are left to sign long term contracts for far less than what QBs signed for 10 years ago. If we don't get these people back from their boycott, I fear the NFL teams will soon be playing in 18,000 seat MLS soccer stadiums and TV networks will fully abandon broadcasting any of the games.

(05-23-2023, 09:23 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: That boycott worked pretty well. The NFL is still suffering as TV deals are falling through and QBs are left to sign long term contracts for far less than what QBs signed for 10 years ago. If we don't get these people back from their boycott, I fear the NFL teams will soon be playing in 18,000 seat MLS soccer stadiums and TV networks will fully abandon broadcasting any of the games.
Preach.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-21-2023, 08:51 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: I am also sick of people crying about the defense.  Go look back at the top 15 Superbowl winners.  Most had decent to good Defense but very few were these monsters on defense shutting people down.  I much rather have a great offense than a great defense in today's era.  Defensive players are expensive. This team has got to worry about the upcoming 9 figure deal for Lawrence. Lawrence also needs weapons. You can't pay everybody.

Top 15 Super Bowl winners?!?

By what measure?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!