Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Organized Team Activities, 2023

(06-10-2023, 09:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 08:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: We might still lose all our preseason games, because I don't think any starters will play in preseason.   Not even one series.  It'll be all rookies and backups.

Doug played them some last year so I dont think it will change.  Week 1 the starters will likely play a series or 2.  Week 2 they will play around a half and I could see them all sitting for Week 3.

There's absolutely no reason to play any starters at all.  It's the same players and the same coaches with the same system.  They can get their reps in practice.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-10-2023, 11:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 09:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Doug played them some last year so I dont think it will change.  Week 1 the starters will likely play a series or 2.  Week 2 they will play around a half and I could see them all sitting for Week 3.

There's absolutely no reason to play any starters at all.  It's the same players and the same coaches with the same system.  They can get their reps in practice.
Practice reps isn't the same as live game reps

(06-10-2023, 09:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Doug played them some last year so I dont think it will change.  Week 1 the starters will likely play a series or 2.  Week 2 they will play around a half and I could see them all sitting for Week 3.

Maybe our back ups are better now and can be more competitive in the pre season.

They may limit reps for a number of guys, but knowing what I know about Pederson, there is zero percent chance of him sitting starters the whole preseason.

The OL needs all the reps they can get together IMO. Maybe rest the Scherff a bit more, but the rest need the reps. 
Other offensive players could be used more sparingly, but I'm sure Doug is going to get them a full quarter in two games minimum.

Defensively, I'd look for a quarter and a half of work in two games for all the healthy starters expect maybe Campbell and Oluokun.

63 days until our first preseason fun.

(06-10-2023, 08:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have been a bad preseason team in recent memory because of how bad our 2nd and 3rd stringers/ depth have been.  I think it's possible this might be the year we have a winning record in preseason.  I say we go 2-1.  Pass rushers is by far the biggest concern for me on depth.  Oline as well if Cam is out but with Cam in the mix I think it's pretty good.

preseason record means dook.

I will be happy to lose every game if that means the starters look good right off the bat, we sit em and give the yoots some on-field lessons

(06-10-2023, 11:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

If that happens, preseason needs to go away.

Just have scrimmages and let the coaches control it. Do it in the stadium for free or a $5 donation to team/player charities. The tickets are usually worthless anyway.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I’ve always liked how college football just jumps right in. It makes week 1 even more exciting. I do think it’s progress that there are only 3 preseason games now.

Coach Campos on the radio today saying Calvin Ridley will need to play some in preseason because of how long he's been out of football. 

He also said Antonio Johnson is quicker on the field than his timed runs and looks like he will be someone special.

(06-12-2023, 10:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 11:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: There's absolutely no reason to play any starters at all.  It's the same players and the same coaches with the same system.  They can get their reps in practice.

Coach Campos on the radio today saying Calvin Ridley will need to play some in preseason because of how long he's been out of football. 

He also said Antonio Johnson is quicker on the field than his timed runs and looks like he will be someone special.

That’s good to hear about Johnson.

(06-10-2023, 08:26 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-09-2023, 10:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Not really OTA related, but love seeing them get some team bonding in during their off days. Even Baalke is out there gettin in on it.
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1667262577267691528

I wonder who won.  Jusging be the sound of it sounds like it was possible that Zay, Cisco, and Baalke won lol.  Hopefully Baalke got some nice kills lol

To answer your question..
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...5268921344

Also some bonus Ridley
https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...8831524867

(06-12-2023, 11:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

"How do you not feel punished by being asked to be here?"
What a silly question... smh

[Image: xz2riux8cm5b1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...8ecbbc4a51]

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2023, 04:04 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

Vintage Jaguars to lose to Minshew in Week 1 and then beat KC in Week 2.

"Oh, we have to wake up?"

(06-17-2023, 04:04 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Vintage Jaguars to lose to Minshew in Week 1 and then beat KC in Week 2.

"Oh, we have to wake up?"

Really thinking they are rolling with AR week 1