Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Organized Team Activities, 2023

(05-21-2023, 08:00 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Things are starting to pick up.

For now.  That dead period will be here before you know it and it'll be a [BLEEP].

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2023, 10:35 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-23-2023, 07:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: From all the reports I have seen and read, Calvin Ridley is looking like he is very much the best WR we have.  And since we have some really good ones in my opinion, Calvin Ridley must be really really good.  Which could make things very interesting this season.  I'm thinking of QB-WR combos like Joe Burrow and Jamarr Chase.  Maybe?
(Emphas9s added)

I don't think our quartet of Lawrence, Kirk, Ridley and Jones are as good as the Bengals' quartet of Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd.

Last year, it wasn't close.

I think the addition of Ridley puts us in the conversation if he is the receiver he was pre suspension and he's healthy. Throw Engram into the mix, it gets more interesting.

(05-23-2023, 10:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 08:00 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Things are starting to pick up.

For now.  That dead period will be here before you know it and it'll be a [BLEEP].

Yes lol no doubt. The extremely boring dead zone.

(05-23-2023, 10:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 07:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: From all the reports I have seen and read, Calvin Ridley is looking like he is very much the best WR we have.  And since we have some really good ones in my opinion, Calvin Ridley must be really really good.  Which could make things very interesting this season.  I'm thinking of QB-WR combos like Joe Burrow and Jamarr Chase.  Maybe?
(Emphas9s added)

I don't think our quartet of Lawrence, Kirk, Ridley and Jones are as good as the Bengals' quartet of Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd.

I think the addition of Ridley puts us in the conversation if he is the receiver he was pre suspension and he's healthy.  Throw Engram into the mix, it gets more interesting.

Quartet should be QB,WR, TE, and RB.  Not sure a team can beat Trev, Ridley, Engram, and Etienne

Just want to thank all of you who go to these team activities and report back to us what you see. The only thing I miss about living in Jacksonville is all things Jaguars. Living out of market and living in another NFL team market (Panthers in my case) makes finding solid local intel difficult.  

So for all of us long distance Jags fans I say, thank you! Your service is greatly appreciated!

(05-23-2023, 09:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqwgk4D9WLQ
Cisco Looks Huge.

(05-23-2023, 10:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(Emphas9s added)

I think the addition of Ridley puts us in the conversation if he is the receiver he was pre suspension and he's healthy.  Throw Engram into the mix, it gets more interesting.

I agree its interesting.  The bengals have shown the consistency with their group and i think we just have to show it as well.  Last year was good but we have to show it wasnt a fluke.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Should be a super fun year on offense. The time is now for the group. We have a true #1 WR in Ridley, who despite the skill and high production we got out of Kirk, Zay and Engram, the group is even better now. We have more weapons than the 2017 Eagles team that Doug has, and that is scary. We could have an all-time offense this year. I hope it doesn't take too long to get going. How far we go depends on the defense and staying healthy. Then you have people in the backfield that can hurt you in the pass game as well. The window is open for us to accomplish big, BIG things. Hope there's no sophomore slump for Doug.

(05-23-2023, 04:55 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Should be a super fun year on offense.  The time is now for the group.  We have a true #1 WR in Ridley,  who despite the skill and high production we got out of Kirk, Zay and Engram,  the group is even better now.  We have more weapons than the 2017 Eagles team that Doug has,  and that is scary.  We could have an all-time offense this year.  I hope it doesn't take too long to get going.  How far we go depends on the defense and staying healthy.  Then you have people in the backfield that can hurt you in the pass game as well.  The window is open for us to accomplish big, BIG things.  Hope there's no sophomore slump for Doug.

I agree our offense SHOULD be good with the skill players we have.. That is if we have a passable O-line.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-23-2023, 07:10 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 04:55 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Should be a super fun year on offense.  The time is now for the group.  We have a true #1 WR in Ridley,  who despite the skill and high production we got out of Kirk, Zay and Engram,  the group is even better now.  We have more weapons than the 2017 Eagles team that Doug has,  and that is scary.  We could have an all-time offense this year.  I hope it doesn't take too long to get going.  How far we go depends on the defense and staying healthy.  Then you have people in the backfield that can hurt you in the pass game as well.  The window is open for us to accomplish big, BIG things.  Hope there's no sophomore slump for Doug.

I agree our offense SHOULD be good with the skill players we have.. That is if we have a passable O-line.

Best cast scenario on the offensive line:  Little continues the transition back to LT he began late last year and continues to play as well as he did last year-only better, while Harrison displays the feet and nastiness needed to successfully and immediately transition to RT and the starting five stay healthy.  Robinson returns from suspension in shape and eager to help, even if it means sliding inside to LG (something he has been averse to doing until now).  We get a surprise contribution from one of the lower drafted rookies.  All of these factors and more combine to make this a start of a prolonged Super Bowl run.

(05-23-2023, 08:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 07:10 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I agree our offense SHOULD be good with the skill players we have.. That is if we have a passable O-line.

Best cast scenario on the offensive line:  Little continues the transition back to LT he began late last year and continues to play as well as he did last year-only better, while Harrison displays the feet and nastiness needed to successfully and immediately transition to RT and the starting five stay healthy.  Robinson returns from suspension in shape and eager to help, even if it means sliding inside to LG (something he has been averse to doing until now).  We get a surprise contribution from one of the lower drafted rookies.  All of these factors and more combine to make this a start of a prolonged Super Bowl run.

Lots of ways things could pan out for the OL this season. 

The biggest thing they have going for them is great coaches who know how to utilize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. It does limit Lawrence to a degree when the line's blocking issues must be mitigated, but maybe we'll see less of that this year. 

Little will be fine if he picks up where he left off

LG is a crapshoot. Didn't really address it in offseason, so we cross our fingers Bartch or an unexpected challenger are up to it.

Center is all Fortner and we pray his experience and offseason training add up to a year 2 improvement. Despite not giving up sacks, he gave up lots of pressure last year. 

RG should be sold with Scherff and we cross our fingers he stays healthy. 

RT is reliance on a rookie and that can go a lot of different ways. 

If these guys can play above average ball as a unit, we have a powerhouse offense. If these guys struggle or don't stay mostly healthy, our impressive roster of skill players won't achieve their full potential of production.

(05-23-2023, 08:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 08:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Best cast scenario on the offensive line:  Little continues the transition back to LT he began late last year and continues to play as well as he did last year-only better, while Harrison displays the feet and nastiness needed to successfully and immediately transition to RT and the starting five stay healthy.  Robinson returns from suspension in shape and eager to help, even if it means sliding inside to LG (something he has been averse to doing until now).  We get a surprise contribution from one of the lower drafted rookies.  All of these factors and more combine to make this a start of a prolonged Super Bowl run.

Lots of ways things could pan out for the OL this season. 

The biggest thing they have going for them is great coaches who know how to utilize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. It does limit Lawrence to a degree when the line's blocking issues must be mitigated, but maybe we'll see less of that this year. 

Little will be fine if he picks up where he left off

LG is a crapshoot. Didn't really address it in offseason, so we cross our fingers Bartch or an unexpected challenger are up to it.

Center is all Fortner and we pray his experience and offseason training add up to a year 2 improvement. Despite not giving up sacks, he gave up lots of pressure last year. 

RG should be sold with Scherff and we cross our fingers he stays healthy. 

RT is reliance on a rookie and that can go a lot of different ways. 

If these guys can play above average ball as a unit, we have a powerhouse offense. If these guys struggle or don't stay mostly healthy, our impressive roster of skill players won't achieve their full potential of production.

Don't see why Little can't at least pick up where he left off from last year. 

He played LT in college and played it late last year-performing quite well considering the positional rust he must have had.

He has the physical tools and attributes (size, length, feet, balance, technique) to succeed at the position.

Left G is a major concern for me.  I wanted to trust Bartch, but to me he hasn't inspired much confidence since his arrival.  Considering he was initially brought in to be a backup years ago, he's given us quality snaps at C and at LG throughout his tenure here.  But I worry he may be on the decline. I just hope that we have a candidate who can step in at the position.

Fortner had his moments last year-good and bad.  More good than bad, IMO, and I'm eager to see how he has progressed from last year to this season.

I was stoked abut the Scherff signing, but I had moments of concern.  Hopefully those moments were more indicative of his injury than overall decline.

Agreed completely at RT at face value with Harrison in.  But I would say at the moment, there's no shortage of guys who can play RT if it came down to it.  I believe Harrison has the feet to succeed at the position.  But having been switched to the left side in college, can he transition to the right side in the NFL?  It's less of a concern than it would be if he were moving from RT to LT or from G to T, but it's still a concern until he does it.  We know Walker Little can play RT at an acceptable level.  I'd rather NOT move him back there at this point, but if we had to, he could succeed.  I think in a pinch, if Josh Wells has anything left in the tank, he could give us some quality snaps.  But the timing of any injury at RT is key.  Naturally I'd rather the players stay healthy.  But if I had to choose, I would think the most fortuitous time to have an injury at RT would be after Cam Robinson has returned from his suspension and is in game shape (assuming the OL is otherwise healthy and performing well).

(05-23-2023, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 10:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote: (Emphas9s added)

Quartet should be QB,WR, TE, and RB.  Not sure a team can beat Trev, Ridley, Engram, and Etienne
For the purposes of this discussion, I was focusing on receivers.

But using your paradigm, I'd still give the edge to the Bengals at this point.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2023, 09:53 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

I am still worried about this defense. Hopefully Walker, Allen and Lloyd take a nice step up this season, and we need that third cb playing good.

(05-23-2023, 09:52 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I am still worried about this defense. Hopefully Walker, Allen and Lloyd take a nice step up this season, and we need that third cb playing good.

Agreed completely, and I'm eager to see the progress these three make.

Lloyd because he started fast last year, winning rookie of the month(?) early on then fell off.  If he were able to improve his command of the scheme and fundamentals ans sustain his high performance over the course of an entire season, it would be nice.

Walker?  Drafted #1 overall, but to me had minimal impact considering his lofty draft position.  Saw a post somewhere predicting a huge jump for Walker.  That would be great to see.

As for Allen...I could see Allen leaving here after this season, either because he had a great year  and he got out of our price range, or he has another so so year and the team decides to move on from him.  Still a favorite of mine and right now has to rank as the Jaguars best edge rusher.  Hopefully he can finally put together a monster year to exceed his rookie year.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2023, 01:41 PM by Dimson. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-24-2023, 04:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JVillainsPod/status/...63913?s=20

He played on a run first team with a terrible QB. No way you can tell how good he is going to be based off his college numbers. Plus, he was behind Freirmuth for most of his college career.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Coach Campo on the radio saying the coaches have outfitted the DBs with GPS tracking devices to monitor acceleration and how quickly they’re getting to their coverage positions.