Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Best hitter in Jaguars history?

Donovin Darius is one of the hardest hitting safeties in NFL history but doesn’t get recognized with Dawkins, Atwater, Lott, Reed, Troy, Sanders, Taylor and a few others.

Adrian Wilson doesn’t get talked about much either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-24-2023, 07:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Donovin Darius is one of the hardest hitting safeties in NFL history but doesn’t get recognized with  Dawkins, Atwater, Lott, Reed, Troy, Sanders, Taylor and a few others.

Adrian Wilson doesn’t get talked about much either.

https://youtu.be/acN4SDoAhds

This should be unanimous.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(05-24-2023, 07:06 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: DD and there's no close second. We will never see another like him, just because of the NFL rule changes. It's sad. I miss violent football.

Agreed.  Hands down its DD.

The green bay clothesline is my all time jags hit.

I miss big hits and offensive players fearing to go over the middle.  Its just not the same in todays nfl.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2023, 07:59 AM by Mikey.)

(05-24-2023, 01:07 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 11:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote: One guy I just remembered as a hard hitter was former CB (that should have been a S) Dave Thomas.

He was a starter in the secondary in the early days and didn't appear to be a smooth athlete.

What makes him noteworthy to me is he actually got a good hit (meaning absolutely LEVLED) Jerry RIce in a preseason game,  That was the one time in Rice's entire career I saw him get levled like that.

He also makes a pretty good burger and chili.

Where's the Beef?!?

Take off, ya hoser.

(05-25-2023, 05:08 AM)surfon Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 07:06 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: DD and there's no close second. We will never see another like him, just because of the NFL rule changes. It's sad. I miss violent football.

Agreed.  Hands down its DD.

The green bay clothesline is my all time jags hit.

I miss big hits and offensive players fearing to go over the middle.  Its just not the same in todays nfl.

all time Jags hit has be Big John's pre-game slap

If that don't get you hyped, check for a pulse.

You want to send a message that you aren't running routes in the middle?

https://youtu.be/cO1755Xxrg8

Darius sent them home in an ambulance. Literally.

He’s one of my favorite defensive players of all time, along with Tony Brackens, Telvin Smith, and Calais Campbell. I would probably put Smengee in there too.

This is a bit of a forgotten player, but I would say Clint Ingram the Strongside linebacker from the 2000's that played alongside Mike Petereson, Daryl Smith & Justin Durant. He would absolutely lay the wood on opponents, he had his other limitations as a player but hitting was definitely not one of them!

Honorable mention to Clint Sessions, he was a wrecking ball on the blitz, he just threw his body full force at blocks and ball carriers which unfortunately cut his career short. Loved watching him play in the brief time he was here.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2023, 12:25 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

As soon as I saw the title I said Donovin Darius. I miss that dude. He came to every game doing violence. 

Now to read other's replies to see if they agree.

ETA: I'm glad we all agree. DD is definitely the GOAT in this category.

Easy, Double D baby, dude would crush you. I think they changed the kickoff rules because of him… lol
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Props for mentioning Clint Ingram and Sessions.

Although he didn’t play here a long time, Hardy Nickerson had some nice hits too.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Clint Sessions laid wood too

A bit off topic, but. Does anybody remember Fred Taylor stiff arming Jamie Sharper into the shadow realm? He put his arm through his body and took his soul. Just straight up put him on the ground. Was one of my favorite memories as a kid. Think this was when he was in Houston and no longer with Baltimore.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-24-2023, 11:21 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: This should be unanimous.

Funny you mentioned that as I was just coming back to this thread to post the exact same thing.

(06-08-2023, 08:39 AM)Caldrac Wrote: A bit off topic, but. Does anybody remember Fred Taylor stiff arming Jamie Sharper into the shadow realm? He put his arm through his body and took his soul. Just straight up put him on the ground. Was one of my favorite memories as a kid. Think this was when he was in Houston and no longer with Baltimore.

Yes sir. I remember this play. Straight up stuck his arm through his chest and ran over him.