Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Select the answer that best describes your position
Whatever it takes, I support it. Spend big, build big, play elsewhere for two years, just get a long term deal done to stay in Jax
I support a rebuild or new build as long as the team doesn't play home games elsewhere during the construction
I would like to see an overhaul in phases so the team can play in TIAA bank stad. throughout the process
Build a new one right next to the old one. Problem solved. I don't care if it's 400 mil more to the taxpayers.
If they play somewhere else for two years, I'm out as a fan.
If taxpayers pay more than 4 or 500 mil on a 900mil to 1.2 billion dollar rebuild - I can't support it.
Blank #2
Corn
[Show Results]

New Stadium Poll (Duval Residents)

(05-25-2023, 05:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/...2_38848198

According to this article, which is just quoting the article in The Athletic, the renovations would start in 2026 and finish in 2027.  That's if they choose the option of moving out for 2 years.  If they choose to stay in the stadium while it's being renovated, that would add a year and $100,000,000 to the cost. 

But to me there are 2 key points if the article is correct: the renovations wouldn't start until 2026, and the deal would solidify the team in Jacksonville for at least several decades.

You know this cost before there is even a design?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2023, 09:49 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-25-2023, 09:27 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 05:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/...2_38848198

According to this article, which is just quoting the article in The Athletic, the renovations would start in 2026 and finish in 2027.  That's if they choose the option of moving out for 2 years.  If they choose to stay in the stadium while it's being renovated, that would add a year and $100,000,000 to the cost. 

But to me there are 2 key points if the article is correct: the renovations wouldn't start until 2026, and the deal would solidify the team in Jacksonville for at least several decades.

You know this cost before there is even a design?

I said "according to the article."  

Obviously, it's a guess.

It's important for the team to remain here, but I can't say "whatever it takes." That encompasses all scenarios of which I'm sure there are several where a majority would be highly irritated at our public officials that are involved in the negotiation.

(05-25-2023, 09:52 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It's important for the team to remain here, but I can't say "whatever it takes."  That encompasses all scenarios of which I'm sure there are several where a majority would be highly irritated at our public officials that are involved in the negotiation.

Same crowd from the 90's that tried to trip up the whole process. I hope we don't [BLEEP] this up. My ultimate dream is that Jacksonville continues to grow and expand enough to the point to where we end up having an NBA arena here someday with an NBA team. Maybe even a legitimate MLB team. We certainly have the land to pull it off. Jacksonville is most certainly growing. I think we're currently the 15th fastest growing city. Orlando being in front of us in our state of Florida. 

We can't afford to lose a professional sports team. We're foolish if we do.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-25-2023, 10:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 09:52 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It's important for the team to remain here, but I can't say "whatever it takes."  That encompasses all scenarios of which I'm sure there are several where a majority would be highly irritated at our public officials that are involved in the negotiation.

Same crowd from the 90's that tried to trip up the whole process. I hope we don't [BLEEP] this up. My ultimate dream is that Jacksonville continues to grow and expand enough to the point to where we end up having an NBA arena here someday with an NBA team. Maybe even a legitimate MLB team. We certainly have the land to pull it off. Jacksonville is most certainly growing. I think we're currently the 15th fastest growing city. Orlando being in front of us in our state of Florida. 

We can't afford to lose a professional sports team. We're foolish if we do.

I am with you on a lot of what you say.  We are going to be required to pony up during this process, it is the way it is. But I can't be foolish enough to say whatever it takes either.

(05-24-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Apparently Jeff Howe (who writes for the Athletic) got a quote from Lamping today.
(Paywall on that article)

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNFL/statu...17584?s=20

Quote:According to Jeff Howe of The Athletic, Lamping said:

"Now it's time to see if other stakeholders in this community share or embrace the vision of the Jaguars and what we're trying to do, not only with the stadium but with the neighborhood around the stadium. The Jaguars have been here for a long time. It's certainly our intention to be here a long time."

Sounds like the Jags are dead set on a renovation and not a new build, and they are ready to present a proposal to the city on how they can share funding. 

I'd imagine we are days or weeks away from some kind of official word on this stuff and where it is likely headed.
Wait a minute!  Hold it!  Hold it!  Hold it!

I haven't read this article yet, but based on what you have provided here, you'd think the team has no intention of moving from Jacksonville whatsoever!

That can't be true!

Based upon every article I've read since before the 1993 expansion, the NFL was either never going to choose Jacksonville, or the Jaguars were moving to St. Louis, Los Angeles, London, or any number of other places.

Gotta be a misprint.  (/sarcasm)

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-25-2023, 11:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Apparently Jeff Howe (who writes for the Athletic) got a quote from Lamping today.
(Paywall on that article)

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNFL/statu...17584?s=20

Sounds like the Jags are dead set on a renovation and not a new build, and they are ready to present a proposal to the city on how they can share funding. 

I'd imagine we are days or weeks away from some kind of official word on this stuff and where it is likely headed.
Wait a minute!  Hold it!  Hold it!  Hold it!

I haven't read this article yet, but based on what you have provided here, you'd think the team has no intention of moving from Jacksonville whatsoever!

That can't be true!

Based upon every article I've read since before the 1993 expansion, the NFL was either never going to choose Jacksonville, or the Jaguars were moving to St. Louis, Los Angeles, London, or any number of other places.

Gotta be a misprint.  (/sarcasm)

To me, this is the main point.  No team is going to try to negotiate a stadium deal with their city if they plan to move.  If they were planning to move, they would move.  Of course, if we fail to reach an agreement, they might still move, but as long as we're headed for a deal, they aren't moving.  

So all this crap about "if they play somewhere else, they might never come back" fails the test of logic.  Because they won't be playing anywhere else in the near future unless the stadium is under construction, and the stadium won't be under construction unless there's a deal, and there won't be a deal unless the Jaguars are committed to Jacksonville for the long haul.

Gonna vote for a new stadium cause demolitions are cool. I attended the flatting of the old Jacksonville Coliseum on my lunch break.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-27-2023, 01:22 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Gonna vote for a new stadium cause demolitions are cool.  I attended the flatting of the old Jacksonville Coliseum on my lunch break.

I was there with a few friends as they did the old Gator Bowl. It was kind of cool to watch, but then we did have a few beers..lol

(05-24-2023, 01:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 01:13 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Whatever is more cost-effective.  If a new stadium only costs 1 - 3% more than the renovation, then build it.  Otherwise, I'd renovate in stages.  The bones are still good.

However, trying to get other counties in the metro area to pay via taxes is going to be roughly equivalent to getting Mexico to pay for the wall.

These are just ball park figures based on other recent stadium reno's and builds, but it seems there's about a 400 mil gap between starting fresh and keeping the old bones. for a massive overhaul + roof

(Renov. = 8-900mil. - new build - 1.2-.1.3 billion)

Those look like good figures to me for an average stadium.  I do not think the Kahn or the Jags want anything average.  They have a "vision" for the entire neighborhood.  History has shown me our owner does nothing halfway.  He wanted the hotel to capture a good bit of the hotel/restaurant revenue of out of towners attending the game for the Jags which will be a net loss for the rest of the business owners in the city.  I am expecting other businesses are in their plan. Just waiting to see if I am correct rather than spread rumors.

(05-27-2023, 11:12 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 01:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: These are just ball park figures based on other recent stadium reno's and builds, but it seems there's about a 400 mil gap between starting fresh and keeping the old bones. for a massive overhaul + roof

(Renov. = 8-900mil. - new build - 1.2-.1.3 billion)

Those look like good figures to me for an average stadium.  I do not think the Kahn or the Jags want anything average.  They have a "vision" for the entire neighborhood.  History has shown me our owner does nothing halfway.  He wanted the hotel to capture a good bit of the hotel/restaurant revenue of out of towners attending the game for the Jags which will be a net loss for the rest of the business owners in the city.  I am expecting other businesses are in their plan. Just waiting to see if I am correct rather than spread rumors.

Cheaper to build in our market than some you may comparing us to. 

Miami did their renovation and roof add on for 700 million just a few years ago

Something similar for us right now for 900 million is a reasonable guesstimation

https://www.hok.com/projects/view/miami-...k-stadium/

(05-27-2023, 01:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 11:12 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Those look like good figures to me for an average stadium.  I do not think the Kahn or the Jags want anything average.  They have a "vision" for the entire neighborhood.  History has shown me our owner does nothing halfway.  He wanted the hotel to capture a good bit of the hotel/restaurant revenue of out of towners attending the game for the Jags which will be a net loss for the rest of the business owners in the city.  I am expecting other businesses are in their plan. Just waiting to see if I am correct rather than spread rumors.

Cheaper to build in our market than some you may comparing us to. 

Something similar for us right now for 900 million is a reasonable guesstimation

Nice article.  I agree with the cost of the stadium, probably correct. It will be the other parts of the vision that will increase the cost.  That and the "we are gonna borrow your team for a few years" that would throw a wrench into the deal.

(05-27-2023, 02:28 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 01:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Cheaper to build in our market than some you may comparing us to. 

Nice article.  I agree with the cost of the stadium, probably correct. It will be the other parts of the vision that will increase the cost.  That and the "we are gonna borrow your team for a few years" that would throw a wrench into the deal.

Looks like the Jags want to spend up to 2 billion on the stadium + the adjacent sports district.
City to pay 800mil - 1.03 billion for the new design. 

Sounds like they'll easily spend over one billion on the stadium alone. 
Should be seeing their full proposal tomorrow officially.

(06-06-2023, 11:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 02:28 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Nice article.  I agree with the cost of the stadium, probably correct. It will be the other parts of the vision that will increase the cost.  That and the "we are gonna borrow your team for a few years" that would throw a wrench into the deal.

Looks like the Jags want to spend up to 2 billion on the stadium + the adjacent sports district.
City to pay 800mil - 1.03 billion for the new design. 

Sounds like they'll easily spend over one billion on the stadium alone. 
Should be seeing their full proposal tomorrow officially.

That's a lot of moolah but it also shows that Shad is putting his money where his stache is. I really hope we can get the funding approved, it will keep the Jags in Jacksonville for the next 30+ years.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.