Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Select response that best describes your position
I just want the Jags to stay in Jax long term. I support any solution that solves that issue.
I don't care if they are the Jax Jags, the London Jags, or relocate to Oklahoma City. I'll fan from afar all the same.
I'd like to see something fair happen for local taxpayers that keeps the team in place post construction.
I'd like to see something fair happen for local taxpayers that keeps the team in place during construction and post construction.
I hope they have to play in a nearby city for two years so they'll be closer to me
They'll figure it out. Not concerned.
Blank #2
Corn
[Show Results]

New Stadium Poll (Out Of Area Fans)

(05-26-2023, 09:21 PM)FraudKhan Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 08:06 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Of course I do. I support building a stadium or renovating it.  I even bolded it and put three exclamation points.  The point was quit with the threats of Jacksonville becoming a desolate wasteland without them it just is not true. If that were the case the NFL would not be here. I guess if it is said enough times people can convince themselves of that, but I can't imagine why they would want to. 

If you are looking for 100,000 jobs due to the Jags or a positive ROI on our public investment you are going to be disappointed. That has yet to happen anywhere ever. I know it is touted but just in studies funded by the teams wanting the public money. (it is amazing those studies have secret sources or will not allow review by nuetral parties)  It will be a cost, one I am in favor of but I am not foolish enough to write a blank check.  I think of it as an investment in the local culture and a good thing.  At the end of the day it is a cost though. 

I am awaiting the release of the Jags vision of that area of someone posted they had and hearing what our owner has to say.  I am sure a deal will be worked out as long as that silly 2 years away isn't there.

Agreed on the overstated benefits. I live part of the year in Ponte Vedra so not sure if I qualify as local, but I'm in favor of no new taxes. God forbid a government reduce expenses or end ineffective programs/spending.

Ponte Vedra isn't in Duval County. So you're safe from this particular fear of the unknown.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-26-2023, 09:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 06:03 PM)Dimson Wrote: So that makes it ok? You are cool with more taxes because you have it better than other areas? The concentration l government steals enough of your money as it is, they don't need anymore.

You a business owner too ?

I am a business owner actually. I still think they should allocate the taxes that they already collect to the stadium. They don't need new taxes.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-27-2023, 01:45 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 09:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: You a business owner too ?

I am a business owner actually. I still think they should allocate the taxes that they already collect to the stadium. They don't need new taxes.

Nice. What do you do for a living?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

this was a tough poll for me to vote. I would love to see the team closer to my dad, and i so we would go see more games in person, i know thats a little selfish.  For years i have believe NFL will move Jags to London,i still belieave thats gonna happen.

anyways onto my vote for this poll,  i would really love to see team stay in jacksonville anyway possbile ,so i voted for that one.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(05-25-2023, 06:03 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 04:30 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Agreed. I have relatives in New Orleans and Illinois. We really don’t have it bad in Duval County.
So that makes it ok? You are cool with more taxes because you have it better than other areas? The concentration l government steals enough of your money as it is, they don't need anymore.

I don’t think anyone enjoys taxes but rational people understand you have to invest in your community for any multitude of reasons. You don’t get those things for free.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2023, 02:39 PM by Dimson.)

(05-27-2023, 10:16 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 06:03 PM)Dimson Wrote: So that makes it ok? You are cool with more taxes because you have it better than other areas? The concentration l government steals enough of your money as it is, they don't need anymore.

I don’t think anyone enjoys taxes but rational people understand you have to invest in your community for any multitude of reasons. You don’t get those things for free.

Set up a fundraiser. Do whatever, just find a way to not tax the people. They get taxed enough.

(05-27-2023, 05:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 01:45 AM)Dimson Wrote: I am a business owner actually. I still think they should allocate the taxes that they already collect to the stadium. They don't need new taxes.

Insurance sales

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2023, 08:27 AM by Mikey.)

(05-26-2023, 03:09 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 09:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Let's break this down:
  • only 30 cities have NFL stadiums 
  • since 2000 those cities have spent a combined 7.3 billion dollars on stadium renovations or construction
  • only 3 stadiums are privately funded - New York and LA are self explanatory because of the giant market and profitability of such a venue in those dense populations
  • Gillette stadium is the only pseudo outlier and Kraft ponied up the 300 mil to build that after his plan to move to Connecticut fell through and he was forced to make something happen quickly before the franchise had no home
  • These stadiums are a major asset to the areas they serve - they bring big, big dollars to the community in terms of jobs and tourist revenue
  • Not having one of these compared to having one is a bad thing for our community
  • We've established that the only way it will happen in all but the biggest markets is through a combo of private money (Khan) and public funds (CoJ)
  • Despite your complaint it DOES matter that we have it easy in Jax in terms of taxes. Otherwise additional taxation to fund a stadium would be viewed much differently by the public a large. You seem to be on your own there. 
  • We don't know yet how much the city will settle on paying when the deal is done - and we don't know how they'll gather the funding - we do know that the city will have a world class modernized facility that only a dozen or so other cities in the US can match. That's valuable. It will attract more events, concerts and tourist dollars. 
  • It isn't going to get done without public money
  • The team isn't going to remain here if it isn't done

This is a no brainer unless the city can't iron out a reasonable deal, and they will.
They just need to use the tax money they already get. They don't need more.

If all those dollars are already spoken for, whatcha cuttin? road maintenance? schools? libraries, law enforcement? Best of luck to you.

(05-27-2023, 05:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 01:45 AM)Dimson Wrote: I am a business owner actually. I still think they should allocate the taxes that they already collect to the stadium. They don't need new taxes.

PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST 

Big Grin

(05-27-2023, 02:38 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 10:16 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I don’t think anyone enjoys taxes but rational people understand you have to invest in your community for any multitude of reasons. You don’t get those things for free.

Set up a fundraiser. Do whatever, just find a way to not tax the people. They get taxed enough.

(05-27-2023, 05:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Nice. What do you do for a living?

Insurance sales

Aren't Taxes essentially a standardized fundraiser? If the taxes are also on specific good/services, they aren't even indiscriminately applied. Plus aren't the taxes for stadiums mostly raised by assessed a tax on tourists/visitors through hotels and rental cars?

(05-30-2023, 08:24 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 03:09 PM)Dimson Wrote: They just need to use the tax money they already get. They don't need more.

If all those dollars are already spoken for, whatcha cuttin? road maintenance? schools? libraries, law enforcement? Best of luck to you.

(05-27-2023, 05:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Nice. What do you do for a living?

PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST PLEASE SAY BUDGET ANALYST 

Big Grin

Love when people bring up roads and taxes, lol.

Just place a 1% tax on alcohol, cigarettes, and jean shorts and we'll have that stadium paid off in no time.

(05-30-2023, 11:36 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Just place a 1% tax on alcohol, cigarettes, and jean shorts and we'll have that stadium paid off in no time.

Jesus man, we only need to pay for one stadium.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(05-30-2023, 11:58 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(05-30-2023, 11:36 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Just place a 1% tax on alcohol, cigarettes, and jean shorts and we'll have that stadium paid off in no time.

Post of the day, folks.

(05-30-2023, 11:00 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-30-2023, 08:24 AM)Mikey Wrote: If all those dollars are already spoken for, whatcha cuttin? road maintenance? schools? libraries, law enforcement? Best of luck to you.

Big Grin

Love when people bring up roads and taxes, lol.

Me too, as a majority is paid for by the gas taxes truckers and consumers pay when they fill up.  All but those electric cars which are gettinG a free ride on that. For now....it won't be long.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-30-2023, 12:52 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(05-30-2023, 11:00 AM)Dimson Wrote: Love when people bring up roads and taxes, lol.

Me too, as a majority is paid for by the gas taxes truckers and consumers pay when they fill up.  All but those electric cars which are gettinG a free ride on that. For now....it won't be long.

It's coming soon with higher registration costs for EV's having been proposed in lots of states. They just haven't passed them yet.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote of the year!
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

I lived in Jax for about 20 years. I lived there when it was announced we got the team.

For the people against a half cent raise in taxes, if Jags move then you will see your taxes go up a lot more than half a cent. The city and local businesses make a good bit of money by the Jags being there, so if that money leaves town, the city will need to replace that revenue somehow. No more money from parking, no more advertising money at and in the stadium, no more influx of weekenders coming to Jax renting hotels, eating at local restaurants, shopping, gas stations, night life et.al. Too much to lose over a half cent hike.

Honestly as long as the jaguars are located in Jacksonville, I don't care. The stadium dosen't bother me like it seems to bother other people. I'm always hype when i'm at a game so I guess whatever is wrong with the current stadium flies over my head.

(05-24-2023, 12:53 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you had to choose between a half cent sales tax, and the team not being here, which would you choose?  

a) Half cent sales tax and team stays here for good.
b) No new taxes and the team moves to London. 

Pick one.

(05-25-2023, 12:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wouldn't you rather have a significant port  AND  billions of dollars of positive impact + 100,000 created jobs from the team and its footprint?

Where do these numbers come from?  

Half a percent tax bump on sales of what?  What is the projected revenue increase?

The team, its footprint and associated jobs are already here.  Are you suggesting the franchise currently generates 100,000 jobs?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(06-04-2023, 09:40 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 12:53 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you had to choose between a half cent sales tax, and the team not being here, which would you choose?  

a) Half cent sales tax and team stays here for good.
b) No new taxes and the team moves to London. 

Pick one.

(05-25-2023, 12:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wouldn't you rather have a significant port  AND  billions of dollars of positive impact + 100,000 created jobs from the team and its footprint?

Where do these numbers come from?  

Half a percent tax bump on sales of what?  What is the projected revenue increase?

The team, its footprint and associated jobs are already here.  Are you suggesting the franchise currently generates 100,000 jobs?

They are league average numbers accumulated by a comprehensive report on NFL franchises in American cities. 
(USA Today) 
Yes, 110,000 jobs was the actual average number of jobs generated by a franchise. Obviously, some of those are seasonal. 
I don't know the actual number of jobs generated by the Jags, but I'd rather those jobs not disappear from our market. 

The .5 cent local sales tax thing has been a discussion around stadium proposals in Jax for years and gets tossed around every time this comes up. A local politician initially proposed it years ago. You'd have to ask him about projections.