Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DHop released

Straight up released:

Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins after three seasons (nfl.com)
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Guess they couldn't find a willing trade partner. That's a little interesting.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Imagine Dhop Calvin and Kirk. Pipe dream, impossible with our cap but mother of God would our WR core be stacked.

He'll wait it out and sign up with the Chiefs or Bills more than likely. Chicago, Carolina and Detroit have plenty of cap space to shell out for him though if money is his primary concern.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He's done. Averaged 53 receptions the last two seasons, and he's on the wrong side of thirty.

Only a dumb team would pay him big money at this point.

His best move would be waiting until we're in November and a good team has a bad run of injuries at wide receiver so he can play a short enough season to look okay over the course of a few weeks and use it to sucker one last team going into 2024.

He's likely going to sign with KC or Buffalo cheap. I believe he said when he requested the trade that he wasn't concerned about a big pay day at this stage.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(05-26-2023, 02:11 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: He's done. Averaged 53 receptions the last two seasons, and he's on the wrong side of thirty.

His best move would be waiting until we're in November and a good team has a bad run of injuries at wide receiver so he can play a short enough season to look okay over the course of a few weeks and use it to sucker one last team going into 2024.

WOW Arizona took a 22 million dollar cap hit releasing him.  That had to hurt.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-26-2023, 02:11 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: He's done. Averaged 53 receptions the last two seasons, and he's on the wrong side of thirty.

Well the Cards are paying him 22 million this year so his new team won’t really have to give him a big contract.

(05-26-2023, 02:23 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

His cap hit for the year was 30m, cutting him actually saved them $8m
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The rumor was when he requested a trade he wanted to go to the jags or the chargers.

Can he play guard?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2023, 04:57 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

The King of Pushoff Receptions. He's not going to get away with that stuff this late into his career. No thanks, don't need him.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2023, 04:59 PM by rpr52121.)

He's no longer a No. 1 guy.

But he never really beat guys with speed/athleticism. Its was guile, positioning, and out fighting guys for the ball in the space. He could definitely still do that in a more limited role. 

However, I just don't see space for him on the Jags roster right now. Already so many guys/picks, and so much money has been poured into the pass catchers.

(05-26-2023, 02:23 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

It looks like the Cards are basically taking this year on the chin because the cap issues and Murray's injury in order to retool for 24.

He will be looking to get on a contender.

Might be going back to Houston? We don't really need him.

Would be a fun signing, if he would take a 1 year deal. Really give Trevor a buffet of weapons to develop further with. If im Balke id at least look into it.

(05-26-2023, 01:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Guess they couldn't find a willing trade partner. That's a little interesting.
Trade partner had to pay his salary. Now he can be had for league minimum and he still makes over $20 million.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

NFL fans sure do love them some wide receiver free agents.

Never fails if one with a name hits the market, millions of fans think their team MUST sign him.

I've been guilty of it too, don't get me wrong, we've had some long stretches without talented receivers on our team.
Not right now though.

[Image: giphy.gif]

And yes, I'm counting on y'all to flame me if Nuke or OBJ have 1000 yards and 9 TDs, 'cause I definitely said NOPE to both this offseason.

(05-29-2023, 02:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: NFL fans sure do love them some wide receiver free agents.

Never fails if one with a name hits the market, millions of fans think their team MUST sign him.

I've been guilty of it too, don't get me wrong, we've had some long stretches without talented receivers on our team.
Not right now though.

And yes, I'm counting on y'all to flame me if Nuke or OBJ have 1000 yards and 9 TDs, 'cause I definitely said NOPE to both this offseason.
OBJ is very different than DHop for me. I don’t want an aging WR with multiple ACL injuries.

(05-29-2023, 03:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-29-2023, 02:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: NFL fans sure do love them some wide receiver free agents.

Not right now though.

OBJ is very different than DHop for me. I don’t want an aging WR with multiple ACL injuries.

There are multiple reasons I don't want either one to be a Jag and they are not all the same reasons.