Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Things that make you feel good..

I'm sitting here drinking beer and eating pizza.

That seems to be working.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Traveling. Anywhere. Even a day trip to St. Augustine
I've been to St Augustine. It's very nice with lots of history yet the main historic street (St George Street) did not appeal to me at all. Did you guys really have to turn every building into some kind of shop and/or themed restaurant?

Quote:I've been to St Augustine. It's very nice with lots of history yet the main historic street (St George Street) did not appeal to me at all. Did you guys really have to turn every building into some kind of shop and/or themed restaurant?

Who would want to actually live on that street? It's not like there would be a lot of other commercial use for those properties with no street parking.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Who would want to actually live on that street? It's not like there would be a lot of other commercial use for those properties with no street parking.
I'm not necessarily talking about anyone living on that street, I certainly wouldn't want live there. But surely you can do better than commercializing every single building?

Quote:I'm not necessarily talking about anyone living on that street, I certainly wouldn't want live there. But surely you can do better than commercializing every single building?

Such as? What would provide enough income to support the upkeep of the buildings other than commercial use?

Quote:Such as? What would provide enough income to support the upkeep of the buildings other than commercial use?
Not every building on that street needs to make a profit you know. St Augustine has a great visitor center detailing the history of the city and its inhabitants but because it's not in the city center no one actually goes there. When I walked in, there were three people in the exhibition; me, another visitor, and the security guard. Why not move some of that exhibition into the actual city center where the people are? 

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 07:48 PM by americus 2.0.)

Quote:I'm not necessarily talking about anyone living on that street, I certainly wouldn't want live there. But surely you can do better than commercializing every single building?
#because'Merica

FWIW I am not a fan of that area you're talking about either. Way too commercialized, but it's the American Way. Consumer driven society.

When I lived in Germany I stayed far away from touristy locations. Everyone was all about Neuschwanstein Castle. I never went. If there are lines to stand in for different languages then you won't see me there. We did go see Schloss Lichtenstein several times. They gave you a piece of paper with a brief history of the castle in English, other than that you were on your own.

Quote:Storm trooper or State trooper? I guess it depends on which uniforms work for you...

Well, State trooper uniform would come with handcuffs so............

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:#because'Merica

FWIW I am not a fan of that area you're talking about either. Way too commercialized, but it's the American Way. Consumer driven society.

When I lived in Germany I stayed far away from touristy locations. Everyone was all about Neuschwanstein Castle. I never went. If there are lines to stand in for different languages then you won't see me there. We did go see Schloss Lichtenstein several times. They gave you a piece of paper with a brief history of the castle in English, other than that you were on your own.

Yep, Neuschwanstein Castle is definitely tourist central, but still interesting. What intrigued me while there was the expanse of plain and meadow that is southern Bavaria, and then suddenly, The Alps.

[Image: 14021552_706509199501115_259203676050323...e=5816E217]

Todays mug of choice..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

My diet; dropped 16,5 kilograms since mid-March and am now in serious danger of no longer having any trousers that fit. 

Quote:My diet; dropped 16,5 kilograms since mid-March and am now in serious danger of no longer having any trousers that fit.

Loser.

Quote:My diet; dropped 16,5 kilograms since mid-March and am now in serious danger of no longer having any trousers that fit.

Try a belt.

Quote:Well, State trooper uniform would come with handcuffs so............

Something something Stormies bad aim something can't shoot something make a mess something else.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Try a belt.
I have belts to wear but once you go past a certain the trousers just start to look ridiculous no matter how well the belt is holding them up.

Quote:Yep, Neuschwanstein Castle is definitely tourist central, but still interesting. What intrigued me while there was the expanse of plain and meadow that is southern Bavaria, and then suddenly, The A
l

<span style="font-size:36px;">p
s.</span>

Bavaria is beautiful. And the Alps.... being from Colorado I thought I'd seen mountains. The Rockies are beautiful but the Alps....breathtaking. I snow skied there on my 28th birthday while staying in Garmisch for the weekend. It was quite the experience. Austria was also beautiful.

And that is my happy place. The mountains. Hiking, camping, chilling out by a fire, waking up to the sounds of nature. We live about 2.5 hours away from the Blue Ridge mountains but sadly don't get there nearly enough.

You're not going to blow away in a stiff wind are you? And care you one of those guys who hates shopping? You can always buy new trousers.

Quote:You're not going to blow away in a stiff wind are you? And care you one of those guys who hates shopping? You can always buy new trousers.
I'm still 6'1" and 96.5kgs, not exactly a lightweight. Even if I get to my target range of 90-92kgs I'll still be heavier than the average person. And buying trousers is easy; just walk into the Levi's store and try on 501's and 514's until I find one that fits. 

Quote:I'm still 6'1" and 96.5kgs, not exactly a lightweight. Even if I get to my target range of 90-92kgs I'll still be heavier than the average person. And buying trousers is easy; just walk into the Levi's store and try on 501's and 514's until I find one that fits.

Gotcha. My husband hates shopping. He's 5'8" and 225lbs with short legs and long torso and pants are almost always too long for him. I tell him he's lucky. I'm 5'10" with long legs and short torso so everything is too short unless I want to go two towns over and spend a butt ton of money on something that fits.

Going commando