Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

Finally, a movie thread!! Thanks  :thumbsup:

OK, so I watched Everest on Monday and Southpaw last night...

Everest I thought was great... a little cheesy but great.

I thought Southpaw was really well acted and really well filmed but a little 'all over the place' with the timeline... I'd still watch it again though!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I watched Interstellar for the first time. It was good. It's on Hulu. Stranger Things is an eight episode series on Netflix. It's pretty good. Blue is the Warmest Color is a bit of a french chick flick but worth watching it with the misses. That's about it. I don't watch too many movies these days. Last time I went to a theater was last year to see Mad Max: Fury Road and Jurassic World.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Southpaw was awesome. 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Iceman is awesome too on Netflix. It's about that mob serial killer dude that got caught in the 80's I think. It's pretty good. I saw the interview years ago as a kid. And he was stone cold man. 

Quote:Iceman is awesome too on Netflix. It's about that mob serial killer dude that got caught in the 80's I think. It's pretty good. I saw the interview years ago as a kid. And he was stone cold man. 

I loved Iceman, and have been a big fan of the lead actor, Michael Shannon, since his work on Boardwalk Empire.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Yeah Michael Shannon is pretty solid. He's in another movie that's kind of low key like that one but his acting was awesome. I saw 10 Cloverfield Lane last night too. With John Goodman I think as a doomsday type prepper guy. It's actually a pretty solid movie and performance on his end. 

Tarantinos "The Hateful Eight" is probably my favourite film of the last year.

Quote:Tarantinos "The Hateful Eight" is probably my favourite film of the last year.

+1

The trick with Tarrantino movies is to focus on the dialogue, not the action. And, like Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, you gotta listen.

Hope he does make the 30s gangster movie he's been talking about.
Signature goes here.

DOPE was enjoyable.
Only a chump boos the home team!

As was The Big Short.

Finally got around to watching The Hidden Fortress. Fantastic movie.

For those who haven't seen Jason Bourne, this review is pretty spot on about what isn't quite right about it without giving spoilers. Something the reviewer pointed out that came to my mind while watching it was Jason seemed to be a supporting character in a movie about something else. He didn't have near the dialogue nor screen presence of previous movies. For a movie named Jason Bourne you would think he would have been front and center but he wasn't.

Quote:Iceman is awesome too on Netflix. It's about that mob serial killer dude that got caught in the 80's I think. It's pretty good. I saw the interview years ago as a kid. And he was stone cold man.

When he was describing walking up to the door and looking through the peephole and being able to tell when they got to the door by the shadow, them bam! Shoots em right through the door.

Or the guy he told that if his God came down and saved him he wouldn't kill him.
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

Going to see the Suicide Squad movie on Tuesday... expecting big things!!

Now, why am I looking forward to seeing it so much.... hmmm.....

[Image: harley-quinn-skimpy-outfit.jpg]

Quote:DOPE was enjoyable.

It often is...

...oh, you meant the movie.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Going to see the Suicide Squad movie on Tuesday... expecting big things!!

Now, why am I looking forward to seeing it so much.... hmmm.....

[Image: harley-quinn-skimpy-outfit.jpg]

Expecting big things... ..in my pants.

Quote:Expecting big things... ..in my pants.

That'll be a nice change for you then... :teehee:

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016, 07:44 PM by Kotite.)

Quote:That'll be a nice change for you then... :teehee:

Bahahaha. Margot Robbie is smoking.

Quote:That'll be a nice change for you then... :teehee:

Nice zinger.. +1

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:I watched Interstellar for the first time. It was good. It's on Hulu. Stranger Things is an eight episode series on Netflix. It's pretty good. Blue is the Warmest Color is a bit of a french chick flick but worth watching it with the misses. That's about it. I don't watch too many movies these days. Last time I went to a theater was last year to see Mad Max: Fury Road and Jurassic World.

I finished watching Stranger Things.  It's just a very good series with very good characters.  Definitely worth my uncharacteristic binge watching.  Not necessarily all that original. I've seen all the tropes before but maybe that was the point.  

I remember trying to watch Blue is the Warmest Color before.  What is it like 5 hours long?   Didn't make it.

Interstellar is one of those rare movies that made a big impression on me.  I hated Fury Road.