Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

(07-07-2021, 09:47 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 10:08 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I've never seen it, if it pops up free somewhere I'll check it out.

I'm reminded of a coworker who had never seen Apocalypse Now. No one could believe it, and he's plenty old enough to have appreciated the movie's importance and popularity. Another coworker brings in a DVD for him to take home and watch. What does he do? He pops into his work computer, minimizes it to a thumbnail in the corner of a screen and let's it play while he works. But this is a guy who lives on a steady diet of comic book movies. I still give him hell about it.

I've never seen that one either  Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2021, 08:15 AM by RicoTx.)

Sitting in our Saturday morning breakfast restaurant.  I Will Survive came on the Muzac.  I can't hear that song anymore without thinking of The Replacements.

(Language warning)

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The wife and I watched a really good movie the other night.. Let Him Go, with Kevin Costner and Diane Lane.. Great movie..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Me and the hubby watched A Quiet Place and it's sequel. Also watched Wrath of Man. Pretty good entertainment all around. I'm ready for him to go back to work though. He's been home all week with a severe sinus infection and having him around all day and night is..... taxing the nerves. Especially coming off the two weeks I was by myself at his aunt's house across the country house and cat sitting.

Emily Blunt is a damn good actress.

OMG. Do not watch Unhinged. And someone please call my husband into work.

I love Russell Crowe but that was bad.

(07-18-2021, 09:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: OMG. Do not watch Unhinged. And someone please call my husband into work.

Okay, what’s his number?

You traveled across country to cat sit? Sounds kind of relaxing.

(07-19-2021, 06:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 09:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: OMG. Do not watch Unhinged. And someone please call my husband into work.

Okay, what’s his number?

You traveled across country to cat sit? Sounds kind of relaxing.

He's finally going back tonight. I was beginning to doubt my sanity. He actually likes B movies. Lol. 

I went across the county to cat and house sit. Its a big county and too far to drive up there every day. We live at the south end and she's at the north end. It was relaxing.... Except for the one cat who bit the [BLEEP] out of my hand my first night there (I accidentally scared him so not really his fault) and I ended up at urgent care and on augmentin for seven days. That is a powerful and nasty antibiotic but it fights off the infection. 

Other than that it was a good two weeks of just me and the cats.

I've been tempted but so far have avoided it because I feared what you mentioned.

Instead we recently watched Synchronic. Imaginative and interesting but ultimately flawed. So much squandered potential in the story line! But I give credit for the effort. Tenet although also flawed, does so much more with less.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-19-2021, 11:28 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

I've been tempted but so far have avoided it because I feared what you mentioned.

Instead we recently watched Synchronic. Imaginative and interesting but ultimately flawed. So much squandered potential in the story line! But I give credit for the effort. Tenet although also flawed, does so much more with less.

Russell Crowe as a psycho was interesting but the girl (main character) was a flat out idiot. You wanted Crowe's character to kill her to put you out of your misery. Ugh. 

I read on IMDB it was the first new movie in theaters after they started opening back up.

(07-19-2021, 11:28 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Agreed on Synchronic, could've been much more than it ended up being.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2021, 03:43 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I just watched The Suicide Squad tonight directed by James Gunn. It was awesome! It was everything the first Suicide Squad should've been and more. I hated the David Ayers version that was made a few years back. It was boring, it took itself too seriously and the story was all over the place. This film was funny, bloody, had an engaging story with interesting characters and is without a doubt, my favorite D.C. movie to date. All it took was James Gunn to teach the people at D.C. Comics how to make a real film. I loved it.

[Image: 6631-movie-poster.jpg]

I just finished watching 13 Hours, the movie based on the Bengazi [BLEEP] storm. We live in a jacked up world y'all.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 08:33 AM by RicoTx.)

A couple of documentaries that I've watched on Netflix recently are Misha and The Wolves, and The Confession Killer.  Thought both were very well done.

Both are multi-part.

I just finished watching "Worth" on Netflix based on the book by Kenneth Feinberg. Starring Michael Keaton (who plays Feinberg) and Stanley Tucci it's about how the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund was determined. It was definitely a sobering question posed. What is a life worth? It makes you think about things.

Browsing Netflix and decided to watch something I haven't senn in years, Young Frankenstein.

(09-11-2021, 07:36 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Browsing Netflix and decided to watch something I haven't senn in years, Young Frankenstein.

"Walk this way."

(09-11-2021, 09:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 07:36 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Browsing Netflix and decided to watch something I haven't senn in years, Young Frankenstein.

"Walk this way."

Frau Blucher

(09-11-2021, 10:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 09:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: "Walk this way."

Frau Blucher

Teri Garr was so hot in that movie..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(08-26-2021, 08:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote: A couple of documentaries that I've watched on Netflix recently are Misha and The Wolves, and The Confession Killer.  Thought both were very well done.

Both are multi-part.

The Confession Killer was very good. If you liked it, you might enjoy The Sons of Sam: A Descent Into Darkness. It really brought to light a lot of things that were covered up at the time about the Son of Sam murders. I found it fascinating.

Joined Amazon Prime and saw a couple of movies this week.

Sunset Boulevard. An old classic. Very very good movie. Directed by Billy Wilder.

Marie Antoinette. Controversial but very creatively done. It was not well received by the critics, but I found a lot to like in it. Directed by Sofia Coppola. They filmed it in the Palace of Versailles.