Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

(09-12-2021, 01:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 08:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote: A couple of documentaries that I've watched on Netflix recently are Misha and The Wolves, and The Confession Killer.  Thought both were very well done.

Both are multi-part.

The Confession Killer was very good. If you liked it, you might enjoy The Sons of Sam: A Descent Into Darkness. It really brought to light a lot of things that were covered up at the time about the Son of Sam murders. I found it fascinating.

I watched Sons of Sam.  I thought it was well done, I don't think it really did anything to sway my opinion that he acted alone but there was some interesting information presented.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2021, 07:33 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 01:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Confession Killer was very good. If you liked it, you might enjoy The Sons of Sam: A Descent Into Darkness. It really brought to light a lot of things that were covered up at the time about the Son of Sam murders. I found it fascinating.

I watched Sons of Sam.  I thought it was well done, I don't think it really did anything to sway my opinion that he acted alone but there was some interesting information presented.

I am convinced he didn't work alone. I don't really know about the entire cult angle, I'm not completely sold on that, but some of the witnesses described a man who looks nothing like Berkowitz. I do believe he is responsible for at least one of the murders though. Anyway, I thought the documentary was very well done as well. I brought up some very interesting stuff.

Just a side note, I've also said for years that I don't believe all the murders attributed to the zodiac killer were committed by one man. I believe there was two. Whether they were working in tandem with one another, I do not know. Maybe their murders were just lumped together, because of the similarities in the kills or maybe one was a copycat of the other. There is two distinctly different eyewitness descriptions of different killers at different murders. Some say he was tall with an average build, while at other murder sites he is described as short and stocky. We may never find out on this one.

The wife and I just watched No Time to Die. Without too much of a spoiler, Daniel Craig will definitely not be returning as James Bond.

We saw Cry Macho with Clint Eastwood.. Was pretty damn good.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Watched "The Invisible Man" with Elisabeth Moss. Although she's usually pretty good, this one was meh.

So rewatched the first two flicks in the Dollars trilogy. First time in years, "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For A Few Dollars More". Going to watch "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" sometime this week. Now that's some classic stuff right there.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 03:08 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-11-2021, 02:44 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Watched "The Invisible Man" with Elisabeth Moss. Although she's usually pretty good, this one was meh.

So rewatched the first two flicks in the Dollars trilogy. First time in years, "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For A Few Dollars More". Going to watch "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" sometime this week. Now that's some classic stuff right there.

I swear I could watch The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 100 times and not get tired of it.  That's one of my favorite movies ever.

Clint Eastwood is a rare breed of filmmaker and actor. If only he could be cloned right down to his mentality and that squinty eye his is so good at.

Watched a movie called Pool Hall Junkies with Mars Callahan and Christopher Walken is in it, mediocre plot line but the movie is fun, I recommend it. Basically it's about pool sharks hustling each other.

Got to see Dune Part 1. I admit to being a fan of the novels and I like the David Lynch version, not so much because I like how they told the story but because I like the general weirdness that Lynch movies usually feature. With that said, I think the new version knocked it out of the park. Of course if you're not familiar with the story or aren't expecting it to end half way through, you may feel a little bit of a let down. It is two and half hour long but it definitely didn't feel that way. Part 2 should be awesome.

Dude, I remember watching LOTR in Germany. We were in a German theater and halfway through the movie they had a legit intermission. Awesome. Then we watch and watch and watch and then it ended without actually ending. To say many of us were confused was an understatement. The internet was not as robust as it is now and it was really expensive over there so people weren't checking online for the latest IMDB info.

I later learned it was to be a trilogy so I was prepared for Two Towers but I'll never forget being totally blindsided by the abrupt ending to the first one. Lol

(11-03-2021, 07:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dude, I remember watching LOTR in Germany. We were in a German theater and halfway through the movie they had a legit intermission. Awesome. Then we watch and watch and watch and then it ended without actually ending. To say many of us were confused was an understatement. The internet was not as robust as it is now and it was really expensive over there so people weren't checking online for the latest IMDB info.

I later learned it was to be a trilogy so I was prepared for Two Towers but I'll never forget being totally blindsided by the abrupt ending to the first one. Lol

There's some parallels between the two. Dune is projected to be a two parter but that's just the first book. Denis Villeneuve is talking about adapting the first sequel novel to make a trilogy so we'll see.

At least the internet is such today that you'll be prepared! ;-)

(11-05-2021, 05:42 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 07:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dude, I remember watching LOTR in Germany. We were in a German theater and halfway through the movie they had a legit intermission. Awesome. Then we watch and watch and watch and then it ended without actually ending. To say many of us were confused was an understatement. The internet was not as robust as it is now and it was really expensive over there so people weren't checking online for the latest IMDB info.

There's some parallels between the two. Dune is projected to be a two patter but that's just the first book. Denis Villeneuve is talking about adapting the first sequel novel to make a trilogy so we'll see.

At least the internet is such today that you'll be prepared! ;-)

True. Lol

Looking forward to watching Dune.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2022, 09:48 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

Over the last few nights, I have watched one of the greatest movies ever made, which I actually wasn't aware even existed.  I say "over the last few nights" because it is 7 hours long. 

"War and Peace"  the 1966 version, made in the Soviet Union.  They had an unlimited budget, and boy does it show.  The battle scenes in particular are amazing.  They had unlimited numbers of Red Army soldiers to recreate the 1812 Battle of Borodino, all in full period uniforms.  It's the only time I've ever seen a battle scene in a movie that looked like a full scale battle- with huge armies on the move, hundreds of cannons going off at once, the chaos and carnage all over the place.  I've never seen anything like it. 

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/war-and-peace-1969

"...the Russian version of "War and Peace" is a magnificently unique film. Money isn't everything, but you can't make an epic without it. And "War and Peace" is the definitive epic of all time. It is hard to imagine that circumstances will ever again combine to make a more spectacular, expensive, and -- yes -- splendid movie."

"You are never, ever, going to see anything to equal it. "

Another Review

"The film itself is nothing short of a masterpiece. The sets are gorgeous and elaborate, from the grand balls to the expansive battlefields. 

If you have xfinity, it is available for free on demand.  Make sure the one you watch is the 1966 version.

American Underdog..

Absolutely fantastic..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We just watched The Northman. 

I don't know what I just saw but it's not what I thought it would be. What a weird movie. Maybe if you ate some special gummies or smoked a fat one it would be more interesting. Donnie Darko is a really weird movie and I think it's a good one so I'm not adverse to different, but The Northman is not the good kind of weird. 

And Nicole Kidman needs to stop messing with her face. It's painful to watch her talk because her face doesn't hang right anymore.

Just watched 'The Ice Road'. I was expecting something else when seeing that Liam Neeson was the star, like maybe the Canadian Version of Taken with a special set of trucker skills. Not a bad watch, tho it ended kind of predictably.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I watched M. Night Shyamalan's latest film, "Old". In general, I like his movies but a lot of them are basically just Twilight Zone episodes. This one was no different. Good cast couldn't really save it completely but it has a few moments. Not one of his better efforts though. The basic issue is there's really only enough plot for 30 minutes expanded to two hours.

(05-27-2022, 01:13 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Just watched 'The Ice Road'.  I was expecting something else when seeing that Liam Neeson was the star, like maybe the Canadian Version of Taken with a special set of trucker skills.  Not a bad watch, tho it ended kind of predictably.

Not a bad watch?  I guess there's something for everyone, but I thought it was ridiculous.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-27-2022, 12:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 01:13 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Just watched 'The Ice Road'.  I was expecting something else when seeing that Liam Neeson was the star, like maybe the Canadian Version of Taken with a special set of trucker skills.  Not a bad watch, tho it ended kind of predictably.

Not a bad watch?  I guess there's something for everyone, but I thought it was ridiculous.

Well, there's way worse out there. Like 'American Siege' with Bruce Willis, or anything he does lately that's direct to DVD/Streaming. Should have read the reviews.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 05:57 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-27-2022, 03:07 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 12:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Not a bad watch?  I guess there's something for everyone, but I thought it was ridiculous.

Well, there's way worse out there.  Like 'American Siege' with Bruce Willis, or anything he does lately that's direct to DVD/Streaming.  Should have read the reviews.

Or “Buried” with Ryan Reynolds.  About 85 minutes of him in a box.  And another 10-15 of him not in it.  Sorry to spoil the movie for anyone.