Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

We watched Bullet Train with Brad Pitt a few nights ago. That was definitely a different movie, especially for my husband to choose. It was violent, stupid, funny, etc. It reminded me a little of a Tarantino movie.

I wouldn't watch it again but it was entertaining. Y'all would probably like it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-21-2022, 06:03 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We watched Bullet Train with Brad Pitt a few nights ago. That was definitely a different movie, especially for my husband to choose. It was violent, stupid, funny, etc. It reminded me a little of a Tarantino movie.

I wouldn't watch it again but it was entertaining. Y'all would probably like it.

Couldn’t get past the first hour…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-21-2022, 07:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-21-2022, 06:03 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We watched Bullet Train with Brad Pitt a few nights ago. That was definitely a different movie, especially for my husband to choose. It was violent, stupid, funny, etc. It reminded me a little of a Tarantino movie.

I may have had some honey whiskey that helped increase the "entertainment value".

We watched The Lincoln Lawyer tonight with Mathew McConaughey..

It was a lot better than 'Alright Alright, Alright'!!

Great movie!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-24-2022, 09:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If there’s one thing the world has learned since January is you don’t [BLEEP] with Ukrainians.

"If there's one thing I know, it's never to mess with mother nature, mother-in-laws, and mother freaking Ukrainians."

From the movie _____________________
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Raining in Fort Worth so watching an old favorite, Hunt for Red October.

We just watched M Night Shamalamadingdong's new movie, A Knock at The Cabin Door.. Wasn't too bad, he did worse.

(03-01-2023, 12:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: We just watched M Night Shamalamadingdong's new movie, A Knock at The Cabin Door.. Wasn't too bad, he did worse.

His best movie was 'The Sixth Sense' the rest have been garbage imo. Very overrated dude.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(03-01-2023, 07:37 PM)Butters Wrote:
(03-01-2023, 12:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: We just watched M Night Shamalamadingdong's new movie, A Knock at The Cabin Door.. Wasn't too bad, he did worse.

His best movie was 'The Sixth Sense' the rest have been garbage imo. Very overrated 
I always thought his name was M. knight [Image: 61135_400x400.jpg]

(03-01-2023, 07:37 PM)Butters Wrote:

His best movie was 'The Sixth Sense' the rest have been garbage imo. Very overrated dude.

I liked Signs.  But yeah, I can live without most of them.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2023, 10:54 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

To me, he's trying to be the Hitchcock of horror (and failing short of that, but most would), but most of the time, he's just too obvious for my taste. As posted above, he got it right with the Sixth Sense and Signs, but has been kind of flailing ever since.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-02-2023, 10:53 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

To me, he's trying to be the Hitchcock of horror (and failing short of that, but most would), but most of the time, he's just too obvious for my taste.  As posted above, he got it right with the Sixth Sense and Signs, but has been kind of flailing ever since.

I'm a self proclaimed horror film buff and critic. I've seen movies from the 1930's to present. My favorite sub-genres are the paranormal and psychological thrillers.. I will say this, Shamalamaman's work is kind of refreshing. We're kinda stepping into the realm and bounds of regurgitation. Almost everything is a reboot or an adaptation of another film. I've seen (I want to say almost every one of Shama's films) and almost every plot is an original idea or concept. In the endless sea of zombie movies and series, his movies are a nice break. He may not be for everyone but at least he's not giving in and toeing that company horror line of zombie drool. 

When I watch his films, I don't care about believability, I just want to be entertained. If I want to see the horrors of real life, I'll watch the news.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2023, 11:59 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-02-2023, 11:44 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 10:53 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: To me, he's trying to be the Hitchcock of horror (and failing short of that, but most would), but most of the time, he's just too obvious for my taste.  As posted above, he got it right with the Sixth Sense and Signs, but has been kind of flailing ever since.

I'm a self proclaimed horror film buff and critic. I've seen movies from the 1930's to present. My favorite sub-genres are the paranormal and psychological thrillers.. I will say this, Shamalamaman's work is kind of refreshing. We're kinda stepping into the realm and bounds of regurgitation. Almost everything is a reboot or an adaptation of another film. I've seen (I want to say almost every one of Shama's films) and almost every plot is an original idea or concept. In the endless sea of zombie movies and series, his movies are a nice break. He may not be for everyone but at least he's not giving in and toeing that company horror line of zombie drool. 

When I watch his films, I don't care about believability, I just want to be entertained. If I want to see the horrors of real life, I'll watch the news.

Totally agree with you regarding him trying to do original material and not just rehashes. However, if it's not somewhat believable, then I pretty much tune it out almost immediately. Different strokes / different folks.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Been meaning to see "Eighty for Brady" but life and sickness had gotten in the way. Hope to see the movie one day.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(12-21-2022, 07:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

I thought it was good as I kind of like movies that are a bit off the wall.  Rum and coke with a splash of lime was my drink of choice for that movie ... quite a few if i recall correctly.

(03-03-2023, 12:35 AM)Passepartout Wrote: Been meaning to see "Eighty for Brady" but life and sickness had gotten in the way. Hope to see the movie one day.

I sincerely hope you are joking about watching that.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 09:55 PM by The Drifter.)

I have no idea if this has been posted ot not, I have not been following this thread but........ Just watched a hell of a good movie, Dead in Tombstone with Danny Trejo. I won't give away the plot but, if you like revenge westerns, you're in for a treat. Best movie I've watched in a long time!
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(03-11-2023, 09:55 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I have no idea if this has been posted ot not, I have not been following this thread but........ Just watched a hell of a good movie, Dead in Tombstone with Danny Trejo. I won't give away the plot but, if you like revenge westerns, you're in for a treat. Best movie I've watched in a long time!

Tortuga..

(03-11-2023, 09:55 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I have no idea if this has been posted ot not, I have not been following this thread but........ Just watched a hell of a good movie, Dead in Tombstone with Danny Trejo. I won't give away the plot but, if you like revenge westerns, you're in for a treat. Best movie I've watched in a long time!

Dude is so [BLEEP] he has a donut and coffee shop on Santa Monica Blvd in Los Angeles. I saw it in a scene of the Prime show Bosch and had to look it up to make sure it's real. Lol.

https://www.trejosdonuts.com/

(03-12-2023, 11:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Dude is so [BLEEP] he has a donut and coffee shop on Santa Monica Blvd in Los Angeles. I saw it in a scene of the Prime show Bosch and had to look it up to make sure it's real. Lol.

https://www.trejosdonuts.com/

Them damn donuts look good lol

Wonder if they ship to Green Cove.. I need that Pineapple Fritter in my life lol