Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

Hollywood has been mostly garbage lately, aside from some of the Pixar heavy hitters of the past several years (and they've had a few stinkers as well.)

As far as simple entertainment, Deadpool was a lot more enjoyable than it probably had any right to be.  That's only one of very few that come to mind.  Everyone has their opinion of ep 7, so there's that, too.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We saw The Martian a few weeks back and it was better than I expected.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Sitting at home, drinking some wine, and watching Young Frankenstein with the missus.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Sitting at home, drinking some wine, and watching Young Frankenstein with the missus.

Abby Normal

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Sitting at home, drinking some wine, and watching Young Frankenstein with the missus.

That's Frankensteen.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

What knockers!

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Pete's Dragon, caught it this weekend. Good stuff. Kids enjoyed as well.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I watched Creed a couple nights ago...

Was decent enough to watch.. nothing special, though.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Watched Central Intelligence today... silly, yet quite funny all the same.

Last night we watched Socario - That was pretty decent.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Just got around to watching the Point Break remake. What a disgrace of a movie. Turned it off less than an hour into it.

Quote:Just got around to watching the Point Break remake. What a disgrace of a movie. Turned it off less than an hour into it.

Why do they keep remaking good movies? They need to go take a look at some of the crappy ones and remake them!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2016, 09:15 AM by Bchbunnie4.)

Quote:Why do they keep remaking good movies? They need to go take a look at some of the crappy ones and remake them!!

Add a couple of car chase scenes, a little Boobs and Butt and there you go!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Just got around to watching the Point Break remake. What a disgrace of a movie. Turned it off less than an hour into it.
It had some cool shots, but definitely nowhere near the original.

OK.  Can somebody explain to me why almost every horror movie these days has something to do with kids?   This is getting out of hand. I've had a feeling for a while that Japan was ruining American Horror movies (OK actually America was ruining it's own horror movies by trying to be like Japan) but I thought we were over that.  Apparently not.  

Still somehow a movie with no color and cheap youtube ghostkid screamer faces is still good horror right now.

I don't even have kids.  But are they really that horrible that you have to make EVERY horror movie about them?

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2016, 04:37 AM by WingerDinger.)

Quote:OK. Can somebody explain to me why almost every horror movie these days has something to do with kids? This is getting out of hand. I've had a feeling for a while that Japan was ruining American Horror movies (OK actually America was ruining it's own horror movies by trying to be like Japan) but I thought we were over that. Apparently not.

Still somehow a movie with no color and cheap youtube ghostkid screamer faces is still good horror right now.

I don't even have kids. But are they really that horrible that you have to make EVERY horror movie about them?
Because killing kids is supposed to be taboo in the horror movie business. How often do you see a kid get killed in a horror movie? There's some out there, but not many..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

The movie industry is absolute garbage right now.

Quote:The movie industry is absolute garbage right now.

What is the regular price for a movie ticket right now?

I don't mean the matinee or any other discounted price, just the regular price of a ticket to go to the movies on a Friday or Saturday night, in the city or state that you live in?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I plan on seeing Don't Breathe this weekend. It has gotten fantastic reviews for a horror movie.

Just wait until all the movies are virtual reality.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2016, 04:38 PM by rollerjag.)

I just finished a nice indie film on Netflix, Sky. It stars Diane Kruger (The Bridge) and Norman Reedus (The Walking Dead). Though it's a German-French film, it's set in the current American west and is mostly in English, with a some subtitles.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]