Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
There's Hope for Blackmon (merged)

(05-24-2021, 11:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Let me interpret that shrug for you...it means he has 0% to return to the National Football League.

You don’t turn your back on your teammates, fans, and the game itself. He had his shot and blew it.

Good luck to him trying out for the Canadian League or perhaps the Arena League.

If Tebow gets a shot, Blackmon absolutely should get a shot. At least he had/has some actual football talent.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-24-2021, 05:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Maybe the Canadian league, but he’s done in the NFL.
Depends on his physical skills. He will get a chance if he is in shape and still runs the same.

The Jags could give him 1 chance. Make him take daily tests, etc and 1 mistake and his contract is done. It just depends on his attitude and him being willing to put in the work to play again. He has been out long enough the NFL shouldn't have a problem and he would need to pass all their testing procedures to get reinstated.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We might as well pull that one guy off the tractor
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(05-25-2021, 12:32 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: We might as well pull that one guy off the tractor

BREAKING : TODD BOUMAN SIGNED TO 1 YEAR DEAL

(05-24-2021, 11:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 11:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Let me interpret that shrug for you...it means he has 0% to return to the National Football League.

You don’t turn your back on your teammates, fans, and the game itself. He had his shot and blew it.

Good luck to him trying out for the Canadian League or perhaps the Arena League.

If Tebow gets a shot, Blackmon absolutely should get a shot. At least he had/has some actual football talent.

Tebow didn’t turn his back on the game and basically walk out on his team. I’m not a Tebow fan at all either.

I’m glad Blackmon is getting his life together, but I have to wonder if his money ran out and now he needs the game.

Maybe there was a reason he never got cut.
s
;

;

(05-25-2021, 01:44 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 11:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If Tebow gets a shot, Blackmon absolutely should get a shot. At least he had/has some actual football talent.

Tebow didn’t turn his back on the game and basically walk out on his team. I’m not a Tebow fan at all either.

I’m glad Blackmon is getting his life together, but I have to wonder if his money ran out and now he needs the game.

Tebow did exactly that lol... He quit to go play minor league baseball because he couldn't hack it in the NFL. Tebow walked away because his ego was too big to switch to TE, mainly because he knew he wasn't any good.

Blackmon had his demons get the best of him. Substance abuse is a real thing. He didn't quit because he wasn't any good, he got suspended because he had bigger problems than football at the time.

I think it's too late for Blackmon as well, but if it comes to getting another chance, he deserves it more than Tim does.

(05-24-2021, 11:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The money finally run out?

More likely the booze run out?  They geting dry there in OK or wherever he is from.  Did he finally hit rock bottom.

(05-25-2021, 01:53 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote: Maybe there was a reason he never got cut.

The Jaguars still own the rights w/respect to his projected return to the league BUT I seriously doubt it.

Is Telvin next?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I wonder if the weed and booze are things of the past for him. Out of the league since the 2013 season and now 31, unsure of how much skill and ability he has retained. He was immensely talented.

Call back barry sanders!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(05-24-2021, 11:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

I agree. That guy actually was a good NFL talent at one time if he'd been able to stay off the booze. That said, his chances of a comeback are probably less than Tebow's.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

He wants to play TE.

(05-25-2021, 07:30 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: He wants  to play TE.

Is he old buddies with Urban?  Feel like that's more relevant.

Perhaps you've heard of Josh Gordon?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Hugh Douglas return?

(05-25-2021, 08:11 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Hugh Douglas return?

Hush your face!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-25-2021, 07:45 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 07:30 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: He wants  to play TE.

Is he old buddies with Urban?  Feel like that's more relevant.

I think all is sarcasm based on the Tebow thing. If Tebow, why not Blackmon?

(05-24-2021, 07:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Id love to see Lawrence throwing to Justin Blackmon on Sundays.

With what he did with bad QB play, just imagine what he could do with a true, franchise QB. Plus it would be a huge redemption story.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I love the unbridled optimism in those early posts. Very similar to what we've seen around here the last few days.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato