Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
There's Hope for Blackmon (merged)

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 06:04 AM by HolsterHusto.)

Blackmon’s brother confirmed on Instagram that this account isn’t Justin. We all got catfished.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 09:06 AM by Mikey.)

(05-25-2021, 07:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 12:35 PM)Mikey Wrote: If the dude has gotten himself cleaned up in the process, I can't fault him for distancing. 

If all your friends are guys that are still on the field, bringing home bank and living it up at the clubs, that is the worst group of people to surround yourself with if you are fighting to regain control of your impulses.

That said, he's been out of the league nearly as long as Tebow, so why the heck not give him a chance? We could always use another safety.

Am I missing something?

I thought it was a requirement to play a new position if you are staging a comeback after eleventy-odd years away from the game. You think he's better suited as a OLB?

(05-26-2021, 06:04 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Blackmon’s brother confirmed on Instagram that this account isn’t Justin. We all got catfished.

@which is exactly what you would tell your brother to say if you wanted to keep the comeback under the radar@

Ninja

(05-26-2021, 06:04 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Blackmon’s brother confirmed on Instagram that this account isn’t Justin. We all got catfished.

He's still sleeping on the couch drooling with whiskey breath.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 02:12 PM by The Real Marty.)

One of the funnier things I've seen on this message board was when we drafted Justin Blackmon and someone misspelled his name.   And the following exchange occurred:

"We drafted Blackman!"  

"Uh, you're gonna have to narrow it down a little."

#PeakBecauseJaguars

I swear, out of all our disappointments he was a top 3 disappointment. So much potential, so much promise, easily could have been a hall of fame type of player, but he threw it all away. I appreciate that he's more mature now, but the dude left this team and city high and dry, the key word being HIGH... Now that he is probably broke and sober he sees what he threw away. So many men would have loved to have had the opportunities that he so flipidly threw away. Buuuut, on the other hand, if he can still play at a high level and help our new QB, I say, screw it, lets see what he's got left.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

He’s 31 years old. He’s done. He can want to hint at comebacks all he wants. Blackmon had his chance and blew it. He could have broken every Jaguars WR record. Probably would have been in the Pride.

Nah man, he’s done. He walked out on everything.

Blackmon's rights are still technically owned by the Jags. But he hasn't played here in a long time. Probably sufficient to move him to The League sub.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-25-2021, 08:33 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 07:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Id love to see Lawrence throwing to Justin Blackmon on Sundays.

With what he did with bad QB play, just imagine what he could do with a true, franchise QB. Plus it would be a huge redemption story.

This would indeed be one of the greatest redemption stories in NFL history if he can come back and play at a high level. A story of the type that I don't believe the Jaguars have ever had in their short history.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 06:24 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(05-26-2021, 12:14 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

He's still sleeping on the couch drooling with whiskey breath.

LOL! You always say what I’m thinking..  Smile

Like I said Blackmon ain’t coming back. Ever

I’m not a Tebow fan but heck atleast Tim is out here working out. He was atleast playing a professional sport since he left the league.

Blackmon is still playing Madden.