Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deshaun Watson to visit with the Jaguars

Quote:Teddy was so accurate though, he would peck at you with dinks and dunks all day, it was like watching Chad frickin Pennington. 

When I see Watson, I see Robert Griffin III. Slight frame, spread option QB, inconsistent accuracy, cannot read even 1 half of the field. Only Watson isn't as fast and is even more erratic with his throws. 

400 yards passing against Alabama 2 years in a row says a lot to me. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nah, forget QB this draft. Let Biff Bortles pick six us to the #1 pick next year and draft The Darnold.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I feel like Goff is similar to kaaya. Clean pocket clean throws, bad pocket bad throws.

I don't think so. Goff has been inconsistent in the NFL, but you can see the potential. I think we see things slow down for him this season and he should be at least an average QB by the end of this season.

Kaaya, on the other hand, is awful. Watching him at Miami sometimes makes me feel like I'm watching gabbert in Jacksonville.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2017, 09:05 AM by Achilles.)

Quote:Im just saying is quote sounds like a Teddy clone.
<span style="background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">

Out of the top 4 QBs:

</span>

If I had to put money on one of them being good, Watson would be first

</span>

If I had to put money on one of them being great, Watson would be last.

</span>
I agree with you. Sounds like Bridgewater, except teddy was better than Watson. Teddy doesn't have the most powerful arm but he can carve a defense up. He's just too small to last.

Watson seems to have a little more mass to him, but he can't sling it like teddy.

I think what both of those guys would need to succeed in the NFL is to run an offense like Peyton ran. Dink and dunk. Short quick throws. And if you even sniff a defender coming, throw the ball away and knock the play dead.

If someone can put Watson in an offense like that, I think he could be pretty successful. But that wouldn't be a quick transition for most teams.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I agree with you. Sounds like Bridgewater, except teddy was better than Watson. Teddy doesn't have the most powerful arm but he can carve a defense up. He's just too small to last.

Watson seems to have a little more mass to him, but he can't sling it like teddy.

I think what both of those guys would need to succeed in the NFL is to run an offense like Peyton ran. Dink and dunk. Short quick throws. And if you even sniff a defender coming, throw the ball away and knock the play dead.

If someone can put Watson in an offense like that, I think he could be pretty successful. But that wouldn't be a quick transition for most teams.

Watson can't sling it like Teddy? Huh?

Quote:Watson can't sling it like Teddy? Huh?

Watson was a great college QB. So was teddy. Watching them both play though, I'd take teddy in college over Watson.

Quote:Watson was a great college QB. So was teddy. Watching them both play though, I'd take teddy in college over Watson.

No problem with that , Watson has his flaws after all. Just thought you were saying Teddy had a better arm than Watson.

Quote:No problem with that , Watson has his flaws after all. Just thought you were saying Teddy had a better arm than Watson.

Not a better arm. I just thought he understood where the ball needed to be better.

Quote:Not a better arm. I just thought he understood where the ball needed to be better.

Teddy played in a pro style full field scheme too so he had far more responsibility. Wonder how he'll come back from the injury

Quote:Teddy played in a pro style full field scheme too so he had far more responsibility. Wonder how he'll come back from the injury

For his sake I hope he comes back and kills it but it's gonna be a long road.

Hard pass on Watson. Every time I've watched him play he's been wildly inconsistent with his accuracy. If we are moving on from Bortles, give me somebody with precision accuracy. It'd be a nice change after watching bortles be inaccurate for the majority of his career.

Quote:Hard pass on Watson. Every time I've watched him play he's been wildly inconsistent with his accuracy. If we are moving on from Bortles, give me somebody with precision accuracy. It'd be a nice change after watching bortles be inaccurate for the majority of his career.

Hard pass in ANY round?  

Quote:Hard pass in ANY round?

The only rounds he'd be available are the first and second, and yes, hard pass in either of those. I actually like Davis Web better than him as a prospect. And I think he will be available in round 3. I also wouldn't be upset if we didn't draft one at all out of this class, and just roll the dice with Bortles until next year.

Here's something to think about regarding the possibility that we take Watson #1...

Apparently the 49ers and Panthers have been talking, and presumably about the Panthers trading for Fournette. So, let's say this happens, and then the Bears take Jonathan Allen. At this point we're looking at...

1. Browns - Garrett

2. Panthers - Fournette

3. Bears - Allen

At this point I know you're thinking Solomon Thomas, or perhaps Malik Hooker, however, the Jaguars haven't brought either in and may not intend to draft either for whatever reason. If we were to limit prospects to only those actually brought in, our remaining options become OJ Howard, Devin Cook and DeShaun Watson.

Am I forgetting anyone?

I'm looking at Howard, Cook and Watson and thinking it's a tough call. I guess I'd take Howard of the three.

'02

Quote:Here's something to think about regarding the possibility that we take Watson #1...

Apparently the 49ers and Panthers have been talking, and presumably about the Panthers trading for Fournette. So, let's say this happens, and then the Bears take Jonathan Allen. At this point we're looking at...

1. Browns - Garrett

2. Panthers - Fournette

3. Bears - Allen

At this point I know you're thinking Solomon Thomas, or perhaps Malik Hooker, however, the Jaguars haven't brought either in and may not intend to draft either for whatever reason. If we were to limit prospects to only those actually brought in, our remaining options become OJ Howard, Devin Cook and DeShaun Watson.

Am I forgetting anyone?

I'm looking at Howard, Cook and Watson and thinking it's a tough call. I guess I'd take Howard of the three.

Hooker is being brought in.

Quote:Hooker is being brought in.

Good... I'd take Hooker over any of those three.

'02

Quote:Good... I'd take Hooker over any of those three.

We gotta help the offense. Our secondary is playoff worthy. Give me Howard in that scenario, followed by Watson and Fournette.

Quote:We gotta help the offense. Our secondary is playoff worthy. Give me Howard in that scenario, followed by Watson and Fournette.

The scenario has Fournette off the board leaving Hooker, Watson, Howard and Cook as the options... that is if you could possibly consider Cook an option.

EDIT... I just noticed that Lattimore was brought in as well so that's one more option.

I'm thinking the only potential prospects I haven't seen brought in are my two favs... Solomon Thomas and Jamal Adams.

'02

Quote:The scenario has Fournette off the board leaving Hooker, Watson, Howard and Cook as the options... that is if you could possibly consider Cook an option.

EDIT... I just noticed that Lattimore was brought in as well so that's one more option.

I'm thinking the only potential prospects I haven't seen brought in are my two favs... Solomon Thomas and Jamal Adams.

Jamal Adams is coming in the next few days I believe

Quote:Jamal Adams is coming in the next few days I believe

Yeah NFL.com said he's visiting. I'm a big fan of him, and would be fine with him at 4.