Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deshaun Watson to visit with the Jaguars

(11-02-2017, 08:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Still want Watson?

Of course, a franchise QB and a good RB are not on the same plane of value. Half a seasons worth of missed rookie year games does not change that. Kinda wild that you of all people would overblow a torn ACL after you have tried to recently argue that Fowler was still a better pick than Beasley.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 09:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-02-2017, 09:06 PM)Upper Wrote:

Of course, a franchise QB and a good RB are not on the same plane of value. Half a seasons worth of missed rookie year games does not change that. Kinda wild that you of all people would overblow a torn ACL after you have tried to recently argue that Fowler was still a better pick than Beasley.

So if Houston said they would trade Watson right now for Fournette you would do it?

Fowler was the better pick. He has caught up to Beasley as far as a pass rusher not to mention he is much better against the run than Beasley

(11-02-2017, 09:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 09:06 PM)Upper Wrote: Of course, a franchise QB and a good RB are not on the same plane of value. Half a seasons worth of missed rookie year games does not change that. Kinda wild that you of all people would overblow a torn ACL after you have tried to recently argue that Fowler was still a better pick than Beasley.

So if Houston said they would trade Watson right now for Fournette you would do it?

Fowler was the better pick. He has caught up to Beasley as far as a pass rusher not to mention he is much better against the run than Beasley

In a heartbeat, and lol you're biased as hell to think that.

Welp
Huh

(11-02-2017, 09:19 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 09:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So if Houston said they would trade Watson right now for Fournette you would do it?

Fowler was the better pick.  He has caught up to Beasley as far as a pass rusher not to mention he is much better against the run than Beasley

In a heartbeat, and lol you're biased as hell to think that.

No way you trade your stud RB for a rookie QB that JUST tore an ACL lol
We're in win NOW mode lol

(11-03-2017, 10:45 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 09:19 PM)Upper Wrote: In a heartbeat, and lol you're biased as hell to think that.

What do you think our record would be without Fournette this year?

(11-03-2017, 10:55 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 10:45 AM)Kane Wrote: No way you trade your stud RB for a rookie QB that JUST tore an ACL lol

What do you think our record would be without Fournette this year?

Probably similar to be real. But we aren't talking about going back in time and taking Watson over Fournette... we're now talking about the crazy idea of trading said stud RB for a rookie QB that still had plenty of questions about his game and just tore an ACL and MCL....

If you're asking would I go back in time, take Watson and draft a RB in the middle rounds, hell yeah... hindsight is a beautiful thing lol

(11-03-2017, 01:50 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 10:55 AM)JackCity Wrote: What do you think our record would be without Fournette this year?

Probably similar to be real. But we aren't talking about going back in time and taking Watson over Fournette... we're now talking about the crazy idea of trading said stud RB for a rookie QB that still had plenty of questions about his game and just tore an ACL and MCL....

If you're asking would I go back in time, take Watson and draft a RB in the middle rounds, hell yeah... hindsight is a beautiful thing lol

We're talking in pure hypotheticals so it's fun to speculate. Yeah I'd still go with Watson over Fournette. That was my move before the draft, during the season and even now while he's injured. Franchise QBs are so hard to find.  

Now if you said to me that you could guarantee   that we'd draft Jackson/Mayfield this offseason then I'd keep Fournette over Watson.

(11-02-2017, 09:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So if Houston said they would trade Watson right now for Fournette you would do it?

Wow .... that is a very intriguing question !!!

(11-03-2017, 10:45 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 09:19 PM)Upper Wrote: In a heartbeat, and lol you're biased as hell to think that.

I agree. We have seen a lot of QBs come.in and have early success and then flame out.

You don't often see that with running backs. They have a quick transition to the NFL and you usually know right away what you've got. 

That dude is the heart and soul of our offense. You don't get rid of that to gamble on a rookie with 1 functioning leg, that may never turn into anything.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(11-04-2017, 09:02 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 10:45 AM)Kane Wrote: No way you trade your stud RB for a rookie QB that JUST tore an ACL lol

I agree. We have seen a lot of QBs come.in and have early success and then flame out.

You don't often see that with running backs. They have a quick transition to the NFL and you usually know right away what you've got. 

That dude is the heart and soul of our offense. You don't get rid of that to gamble on a rookie with 1 functioning leg, that may never turn into anything.

You can use the same argument for running backs though.   

Reality is Watson was playing historically well for a rookie QB and looked like the franchise QB he showed he could be in college. 

If you think theres a chance he's still that post injury (pretty likely given the injury) then you make that trade easily. 

Fournettes looked like a very good running back, but I'm taking a chance on a good franchise QB every time.

Yes (again)

(10-09-2018, 12:06 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Yes (again)

Would take Mahomes over Watson any day

(10-09-2018, 12:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 12:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: Yes (again)

Would take Mahomes over Watson any day
Me too, but both are franchise guys.

(10-09-2018, 08:41 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 12:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would take Mahomes over Watson any day
Me too, but both are franchise guys.

I guess if you want an injury prone QB that throw a lot of picks

(10-29-2017, 06:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: Watson playing v well against the Seahawks in Seattle....

(10-10-2018, 06:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 08:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: Me too, but both are franchise guys.

I guess if you want an injury prone QB that throw a lot of picks

He's currently 17th in interception % this season so showing improvement in that area. A franchise QB with injury risks would still be preferable

He's a different QB from last year through this year coming off of that ACL. Seems more timid in the pocket but his line doesn't offer much help. He's managed to put up two really good games now in wins over Indy and Dallas.

The one thing I liked about Watson coming out of Clemson and even through this year is his accuracy. For the most part he's putting the ball on the money. The INT's he's thrown were mostly 50/50 balls and he's at least limiting it to 1 per game instead of having a meltdown.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Watson scares me. Dude always seems like he's one bad hit away from IR, but he's managed to tough it out this year to his credit. Mahomes is definitely going to have a longer career.

Taking Fournette over Watson is gonna be one of the biggest "what ifs" in this franchises history... especially because we have to play him twice a year.

(10-26-2018, 01:42 AM)JackCity Wrote: Taking Fournette over Watson is gonna be one of the biggest "what ifs" in this franchises history... especially because we have to play him twice a year.

I dont thin it will be one of the biggest what its since we could of taken Mahomes.  We could of taken Watt as well and we took Gabbert.  Took the Joke over Hopkins.