Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Overwatch?

I've been using a lot of Junkrat, Pharrah, Lucio, 76, and Torbjorn. Lucio is a great character to play if no one else is going support on your team since he does have some offensive firepower. Also on maps with cliffs, his right click has some serious knockback, which can get you some easy eliminations.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I kinda wish they would tighen the hitboxes, widowmaker is stupid easy to play when she can miss and still kill you

Quote:I kinda wish they would tighen the hitboxes, widowmaker is stupid easy to play when she can miss and still kill you
At least you have to be somewhat accurate with her. Hanzo is absolutely broken with his hitboxes, I think he needs to fixed before Widow.

Quote:At least you have to be somewhat accurate with her. Hanzo is absolutely broken with his hitboxes, I think he needs to fixed before Widow.

Yeah, you just have to aim in the general direction of an opponent with Hanzo and you'll get an elimination.

I mean his hitbox is a little large but it's somewhat understandable for his gameplay (his bow drawback which needed for decent range, pretty low dps since drawback is needed, no zoom, his arrows arch drop, mediocre mobility).  Don't get me wrong I think across the board they could tighten the hitboxes, but widowmaker has almost none of those same cons that I mentioned for her hitbox to be what it is. 

Though both could get harassed pretty easily, its just a little more difficult in yolo queue with idiots just doing whatever they want.  Then again maybe my real issue is the lack of ranked play right now lol. 

Tracer is impossible to kill.

Quote:Tracer is impossible to kill.
Her and Genji, if played correctly, will completely dismantle a team.

Quote:Her and Genji, if played correctly, will completely dismantle a team.

Yeah havn't really found a counter to them. Usually just hunker down with bastion and let rip.

Another high power combination is Reinhardts shield and the girl with the electric gun.

Quote:Anyone else here planning on getting Overwatch? I really enjoyed the beta and I've put in several hundred hours in Team Fortress 2, so I figure this game will have some legs for me.
Havent seen it but I did enjoy TF2

Here's some pretty insane Genji play by a pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeZATcLiPQ

Quote:Her and Genji, if played correctly, will completely dismantle a team.
"if played correctly"

Do you know how many Tracers I've seen blink themselves right off the map in the last 24 hours?

Quote:"if played correctly"

Do you know how many Tracers I've seen blink themselves right off the map in the last 24 hours?

I actually did that twice yesterday on purpose, let the person chasing me think I died and then rewind back up since it doesn't kill you immediately. 

I like first person fight / shoot games but that one didnt seem to interest me.

Starting to just play solely as Junkrat lately. Think he's the most well rounded character

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2016, 07:32 PM by TJBender.)

I'm pumped for the D. Va buff. Looking forward to trying Ana out, too.

Meanwhile, I'm to the point of screwing around. I've played a lot of Mercy lately, and came across a guy a couple of days ago who was playing Tracer (badly) and going off the whole match about how awful we were and how I was the worst healer he'd ever seen, etc. We won despite him. He complained that he missed the epic because I never healed him, so I informed the entire team that I would play Mercy again, but I would not be healing next round. I was going to be Flanker Mercy, and I was going to outperform that Tracer in every way.

27 objective kills, a 47-kill streak and a double-epic (whatever it's called) later, he silently left the game.

Just saw this... it's the only game I play right now...

anyone play competitive mode?

Quote:Just saw this... it's the only game I play right now...

anyone play competitive mode?

Yeah, currently Gold 

Started playing a lot more Overwatch since the Halloween event started. I must have that Mercy, Soldier76, and Roadhog skin. 

Quote:Started playing a lot more Overwatch since the Halloween event started. I must have that Mercy, Soldier76, and Roadhog skin. 

I was thinking of buying this for my Xbox-1...  But I'm not the best FPS player...  I love MOBAs on devices though...  

Is it worth the buy?

Quote:I was thinking of buying this for my Xbox-1...  But I'm not the best FPS player...  I love MOBAs on devices though...  

Is it worth the buy?
Its worth the buy in my opinion. It doesn't play like traditional FPS games. Every character has a unique skill set and plays differently. Some aren't even designed with the primary purpose of getting kills. I play on PC though, so the community is always going to be strong for a Blizzard game. Don't know how the community is on Xbox-1, I would assume its good too. There isn't too many maps yet in the game. However, Blizzard has stated more maps are on the way and they won't charge players money for the new maps/characters.