Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
George Kittle

If you go back and look at the teams that have won the SB that don't have HOF QBs, the way they did it was with the run game and defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Do we have a franchise QB? You can build around a great RB and franchise QB if you can draft good enough
It goes back to my question a while back about if we are wanting to be good, or just not be bad. If you build your offense around a 1st round RB, and it's not one of the many highly picked RB busts, then you can create a not bad team. You're just not going to get better than that unless you become a lucky outlier. Building with the hopes of becoming an outlier is not good policy. 

Build as if you're building around a franchise QB, and then if/when you get one you will be good to go. If you don't get one then it doesn't matter either way. 

And certainly no one is saying don't build the defense. I'm simply saying don't spend a highly valuable pick and an entire offensive identity around the position with the shortest life span, the shortest peak years, the most injuries, and the longest injuries. A position with those traits needs to be the last piece of the puzzle not the one of the first and certainly not one of the biggest. 

Quote:I believe there is a sharp dropoff after the RB's I mentioned in round 3, but I see some TE's like Butt, Kittle, Saubert, Roberts and Hikutini that could all probably be had in the 4th round or later and I like all of them as prospects.

Agreed... Butt, Kittle and Roberts are probably all gone by the end of round four, but I can see Saubert and Hikutini along with Sprinkle sitting there at the Jaguars early round five pick. I really do like Hikutini too. ... also, I don't know where to project him because I rarely hear his name, but another TE at the combine caught my eye... Darrell Daniels...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/darr...id=2558253

'02

(03-28-2017, 01:25 PM)KYjaggy Wrote: Hmm, I am going to speculate that these are some of those wacky pro day times you see sometimes. He's definitely a really good athlete we knew that, but I am skeptical that he's a full tenth faster in the shuttle and 3 cone out of the entire already freak class. 

KY with his hot takes. Looks like he's infected

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2018, 11:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-31-2017, 03:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
Quote:<a  class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/847888142644465669'>https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/847888142644465669</a>

Whew boy those are worth a scroll.
he's the guy I want honestly.  Could get him in the 3rd or 4th.  Even Mayock said he us the best blocking TE in the draft.  Looks like it in that

Typical Dave to take Smoot over Kittle

(03-29-2017, 07:09 PM)JackCity Wrote:
Quote:Lol yeah you can cherry pick it like that if you want, he had a good 3 cone and was as bad in the vertical as the elite athlete who only did bad in the vertical. He was ~20th percentile everywhere except 3 cone. Maybe he needs to lose a lot of weight for the NFL cause 92% weight at 40% height looks kinda unbalanced.
Well you see I like how he plays on the field and don't really care what his combine scores are unless they were diabolical or amazing. A 4.8 40 yard dash , 30 inch vert and 7.05 3 cone is perfectly fine for an inline tight end like him. He isn't an explosive quick twitch athlete.

He was 260 during the season and at the senior bowl so you might be right on that.

Lol, how did his spider chart look?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2018, 11:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1058098108469518336

this thread is golden