Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
George Kittle

Give me Michael Roberts, George Kittle or Bucky Hodges.

Hate Hodges a while ago but I guess he is a freak and you can't pass that up. I don't know how any cornerback or linebacker can cover him consistently in the NFL, could be Blake best fried with his huge catch radius.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hodges is also still learning how to play TE as well. He was a QB when he went to VA Tech.

Quote:Give me Michael Roberts, George Kittle or Bucky Hodges.

Hate Hodges a while ago but I guess he is a freak and you can't pass that up. I don't know how any cornerback or linebacker can cover him consistently in the NFL, could be Blake best fried with his huge catch radius.

Hodges has too many drops for my taste. I like Roberts and Kittle a lot better as long term players. 

Quote:Give me Michael Roberts, George Kittle or Bucky Hodges.

One of these doesn't belong...Kittle and Hodges are elite athletes while Roberts actually disappointed his way to an 18% SPARQ rating. I did like what I had heard about Roberts before that, but in this insane TE class there's no need to settle for someone like Roberts.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2017, 06:51 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:One of these doesn't belong...Kittle and Hodges are elite athletes while Roberts actually disappointed his way to an 18% SPARQ rating. I did like what I had heard about Roberts before that, but in this insane TE class there's no need to settle for someone like Roberts.
He's has great hands, rarely if ever dropped anything, can be a great blocker , very good red zone guy, and just all round really solid. Not bad for a guy in the 4th round.

I don't really pay as much attention to those scores at certain spots as you. I mean he had the same vert as O.J Howard, and he would have had the 7th fastest 3 cone out of all the running backs, 9th best time out of all the safeties expect he's 6'4 270lbs....

Quote:He's has great hands, rarely if ever dropped anything, great blocking potential and just does everything very well.

I don't really pay as much attention to those scores at certain spots. I mean he had the same vert as O.J Howard, and he would have had the 7th fastest 3 cone out of all the running backs, expect he's 6'4 270lbs....
Lol yeah you can cherry pick it like that if you want, he had a good 3 cone and was as bad in the vertical as the elite athlete who only did bad in the vertical. He was ~20th percentile everywhere except 3 cone. Maybe he needs to lose a lot of weight for the NFL cause 92% weight at 40% height looks kinda unbalanced. 

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2017, 07:10 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:Lol yeah you can cherry pick it like that if you want, he had a good 3 cone and was as bad in the vertical as the elite athlete who only did bad in the vertical. He was ~20th percentile everywhere except 3 cone. Maybe he needs to lose a lot of weight for the NFL cause 92% weight at 40% height looks kinda unbalanced.
Well you see I like how he plays on the field and don't really care what his combine scores are unless they were diabolical or amazing. A 4.8 40 yard dash , 30 inch vert and 7.05 3 cone is perfectly fine for an inline tight end like him. He isn't an explosive quick twitch athlete.

He was 260 during the season and at the senior bowl so you might be right on that.

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/statu...2644465669

Whew boy those are worth a scroll. 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/847888142644465669'>https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/847888142644465669</a>

he's the guy I want honestly. Could get him in the 3rd or 4th. Even Mayock said he us the best blocking TE in the draft. Looks like it in that

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/847888142644465669'>https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/847888142644465669</a>

Impressive stuff.

Quote:he's the guy I want honestly. Could get him in the 3rd or 4th. Even Mayock said he us the best blocking TE in the draft. Looks like it in that
He's the best at drive blocking like that for sure. I wouldn't put him as overall best blocking though, cause Howard's pass blocking and finding a guy to block in space at the 2nd and 3rd levels are very impressive too.

Striking athleticism ... best blocker ... etc

So why is he such a late round prospect? Bad hands?

Do you take him over Bucky Hodges?

I'm still not sure I can go there.

'02

Quote:https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/statu...2644465669

An absolute animal in run blocking.

Just nasty.

I remember seeing Mandarich doing things like that in college.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Striking athleticism ... best blocker ... etc

So why is he such a late round prospect? Bad hands?

Do you take him over Bucky Hodges?

I'm still not sure I can go there.
I think its because of college production.  He never had a good QB and i think he is just one of those guys that will be a better pro than he was a college player

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2017, 08:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Here is a good article 8 months ago

those first 2 gifs are nasty blocks as well

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college...t-end-cfb/

Quote:I think its because of college production. He never had a good QB and i think he is just one of those guys that will be a better pro than he was a college player

Definitely seemed like he was a victim of his offense in college

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2017, 07:04 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Definitely seemed like he was a victim of his offense in college

The Greg Davis offense he was in at Iowa was garbage. It did not fit Iowa's personnel. Thankfully now Greg Davis has left and we will hopefully have a more creative and potent offense under Brian Ferentz. The offense that has been run at Iowa the last several years was disappointing to say the least.

Guys like Kittle and Sprinkle are the reason the Jaguars should wait until round 4 to take a tight end, especially if Fournette is the pick in the 1st round. They may not be the receiving threats like Howard and Engram, but I want to see Fournette running behind a line of Albert, Dawkins/Feeney, Linder, Cann and Parnell with both Lewis and Kittle on the field at the same time. 

Quote:Guys like Kittle and Sprinkle are the reason the Jaguars should wait until round 4 to take a tight end, especially if Fournette is the pick in the 1st round. 
Guys like Hunt and Perine are the reason the Jaguars should wait until round 4 to take a running back, especially if Howard is the pick in the 1st round. 

That sounds so much better.

Quote:Guys like Hunt and Perine are the reason the Jaguars should wait until round 4 to take a running back, especially if Howard is the pick in the 1st round. 

That sounds so much better.
Nothing wrong with Howard in the 1st and Perrine in the 4th. I just wouldn't take him with the 4th pick in round 1. If they work a trade and can still get him in the top 10 that would be ideal since they get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. It's true that opinions on Fournette vary and there's no guarantee he won't be a bust. His combination of speed and power tells me he is worth the risk.