Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
George Kittle

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2017, 08:21 AM by JagsFanJay.)

Quote:Guys like Hunt and Perine are the reason the Jaguars should wait until round 4 to take a running back, especially if Howard is the pick in the 1st round. 

That sounds so much better.

If we wait until round 4, Hunt and Perine are most likely gone. I believe both go in round 3, along with Mack and Gallman.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If we wait until round 4, Hunt and Perine are most likely gone. I believe both go in round 3, along with Mack and Gallman.

I doubt they all go unless there's a total run in round three. I don't even want Mack.

'02

Quote:If we wait until round 4, Hunt and Perine are most likely gone. I believe both go in round 3, along with Mack and Gallman.
I know, but if we wait until round 4 for the TE Kittle is gone too so it was still an apt swap.

Quote:I know, but if we wait until round 4 for the TE Kittle is gone too so it was still an apt swap.

We have a way bigger need for a RB than we have for a TE. I'm fine with Rivera and Koyack. I despise the RB's we have now. I loathe them.

Quote:We have a way bigger need for a RB than we have for a TE. I'm fine with Rivera and Koyack. I despise the RB's we have now. I loathe them.
I disagree with that, but I also think that Howard is going to be better than Fournette in the NFL by a large amount while the RB and TE in round 3/4 are similarly good.

Quote:We have a way bigger need for a RB than we have for a TE. I'm fine with Rivera and Koyack. I despise the RB's we have now. I loathe them.

Granted RB is a bigger need, but that doesn't mean you go RB first. The first priority is to find the best value at the draft spot. That said, I might go RB first simply because the TEs are a little deeper. That is to say, by the time we pick early in round four there should still be a couple good RBs left... at TE you basically have the same situation when we pick early in round five.

'02

3rd round- Perine/Hunt/Mcnichols

4th round- Roberts/Jonnu

Smith/Shaheen/Sprinkle

Quote:3rd round- Perine/Hunt/Mcnichols

4th round- Roberts/Jonnu

Smith/Shaheen/Sprinkle
If Solomon Thomas is the first rounder then that is good. 

Quote:If Solomon Thomas is the first rounder then that is good.

Yup then 2nd round gimme the best OLine guy/best tight end

Quote:Granted RB is a bigger need, but that doesn't mean you go RB first. The first priority is to find the best value at the draft spot. That said, I might go RB first simply because the TEs are a little deeper. That is to say, by the time we pick early in round four there should still be a couple good RBs left... at TE you basically have the same situation when we pick early in round five.

I believe will can still find a really good TE after round 4, but I also believe the top RB's will be off the board by round 4. I have Perine, Hunt, Mack and Gallman all taken in round 3. 

Quote:I believe will can still find a really good TE after round 4, but I also believe the top RB's will be off the board by round 4. I have Perine, Hunt, Mack and Gallman all taken in round 3. 
The NFL is in one of the worst droughts of quality TE play in a long time. Why do you think RB are going to fly off the board while good TE are going to last? 

Quote:The NFL is in one of the worst droughts of quality RB play in a long time. Why do you think RB are going to fly off the board while good TE are going to last? 
fify.  The NFL is in one of the worst elite RB droughts this league has ever seen.  Elliot had a very good year but he wouldnt of done what he did without running behind the best oline in the game.   Right now there is no, MJD, LT, Taylor, etc..  No AP, Charles, or Chris Johnson in their prime.  Its kind or sad.  I want an elite RB

Quote:fify.  The NFL is in one of the worst elite RB droughts this league has ever seen.  Elliot had a very good year but he wouldnt of done what he did without running behind the best oline in the game.   Right now there is no, MJD, LT, Taylor, etc..  No AP, Charles, or Chris Johnson in their prime.  Its kind or sad.  I want an elite RB
There are exactly zero super bowls between all of those elite RB you just mentioned. Maybe we found our reason why building your offense around guys like that is going away. 

Quote:The NFL is in one of the worst droughts of quality TE play in a long time. Why do you think RB are going to fly off the board while good TE are going to last? 

I believe there is a sharp dropoff after the RB's I mentioned in round 3, but I see some TE's like Butt, Kittle, Saubert, Roberts and Hikutini that could all probably be had in the 4th round or later and I like all of them as prospects.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2017, 08:38 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:I believe there is a sharp dropoff after the RB's I mentioned in round 3, but I see some TE's like Butt, Kittle, Saubert, Roberts and Hikutini that could all probably be had in the 4th round or later and I like all of them as prospects.
I know, but all of those RB and TE are in like roughly the 6-12 range of their respective positions. I'm just wondering why you would be projecting so many RB to fly off the board and hardly any of the TE?

The way the NFL is trending towards committees and specializations at RB while at the same time wanting do it all TEs would make me think a class as good as this TE one is will go off the board just as quickly as the RBs if not faster. 

And yes I remember that you are part of the old school group that still covets the bellcow 3 down back that is going the way of the dinosaur, so maybe the reasoning is simply that. 

https://youtu.be/MA5aT9rX4xg

It's only Purdue, but he was absolutely incredible this game

Quote:There are exactly zero super bowls between all of those elite RB you just mentioned. Maybe we found our reason why building your offense around guys like that is going away.
Go look at the QBs those RBs had to play with and its not hard to see why. LT is the only one that had a real chance playing with Rivers but he is in the same conference as Brady and Big Ben. LT is the reason they made it as close as they did. When he fell off the Chargers fell off. Your post is comical

Quote:Go look at the QBs those RBs had to play with and its not hard to see why. LT is the only one that had a real chance playing with Rivers but he is in the same conference as Brady and Big Ben. LT is the reason they made it as close as they did. When he fell off the Chargers fell off. Your post is comical
Yep, if you have a franchise QB you don't build around an RB. And if you build around an RB you don't win super bowls. Looks like you're starting to get it. 

(Please don't start pointing out the like 3 all time outlier seasons unless you're actually advocating we build in an attempt to get the one shot prayer of a season)

Quote:Yep, if you have a franchise QB you don't build around an RB. And if you build around an RB you don't win super bowls. Looks like you're starting to get it.

(Please don't start pointing out the like 3 all time outlier seasons unless you're actually advocating we build in an attempt to get the one shot prayer of a season)
Do we have a franchise QB? You can build around a great RB and franchise QB if you can draft good enough

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2017, 10:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Teams that don't have the elite QBs like us have to win in other areas. Win with defense and run game. Our defense is almost there, now we need to work on the run game. Not to mention it will help Bortles out that much more