Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cutting the Cord

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 08:38 PM by Jags.)

I can confirm that Fubo is great for a sports fan.  I think some issues can be resolved by your internet.  Like JIB, I’m a fan of Amazon Fire.  I recently bought a 4K fire stick.  (I’d imagine Roku would be similar in specs.)  but I can get 802.11ac wireless and there is no menu lag or buffering when using.  Depending on your internet, you may actually get faster internet wireless vs wired.  I personally don’t quit get it.  

I’ve tried numerous streaming devices and the only one that made me cance Dish was Fubo.  With Fubo, I get EVERY channel I normally watch.  With the Fire devices, I can watch them seamlessly.  

Take that for what you wish.  I’ll continue to update on my Fubo and Amazon devices experience.  But so far so good.

I tried cutting the cord a few years ago.  I was not ready.  But in doing the above suggestions, I am now saving 110/mo and not missing a damn thing that I used to watch.  Hopefully it helps.

One caveat, there’s about a 20 minute learning curve.  Other than that, it’s pretty intuitive.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-21-2020, 08:36 PM)Jags Wrote: I can confirm that Fubo is great for a sports fan.  I think some issues can be resolved by your internet.  Like JIB, I’m a fan of Amazon Fire.  I recently bought a 4K fire stick.  (I’d imagine Roku would be similar in specs.)  but I can get 802.11ac wireless and there is no menu lag or buffering when using.  Depending on your internet, you may actually get faster internet wireless vs wired.  I personally don’t quit get it.  

I’ve tried numerous streaming devices and the only one that made me cance Dish was Fubo.  With Fubo, I get EVERY channel I normally watch.  With the Fire devices, I can watch them seamlessly.  

Take that for what you wish.  I’ll continue to update on my Fubo and Amazon devices experience.  But so far so good.

I tried cutting the cord a few years ago.  I was not ready.  But in doing the above suggestions, I am now saving 110/mo and not missing a damn thing that I used to watch.  Hopefully it helps.

One caveat, there’s about a 20 minute learning curve.  Other than that, it’s pretty intuitive.
The only downfall I see with Fubo (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that you only get 30 hours of DVR space.

(02-24-2020, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 08:36 PM)Jags Wrote: I can confirm that Fubo is great for a sports fan.  I think some issues can be resolved by your internet.  Like JIB, I’m a fan of Amazon Fire.  I recently bought a 4K fire stick.  (I’d imagine Roku would be similar in specs.)  but I can get 802.11ac wireless and there is no menu lag or buffering when using.  Depending on your internet, you may actually get faster internet wireless vs wired.  I personally don’t quit get it.  

The only downfall I see with Fubo (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that you only get 30 hours of DVR space.

That sounds about right, though I believe there is an option for more DVR space.  It's not real important to me since I don't DVR much stuff.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-24-2020, 03:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The only downfall I see with Fubo (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that you only get 30 hours of DVR space.

That sounds about right, though I believe there is an option for more DVR space.  It's not real important to me since I don't DVR much stuff.

According to their web site, the basic Fubo subscription includes 500 hours of cloud DVR storage.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-24-2020, 05:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 03:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That sounds about right, though I believe there is an option for more DVR space.  It's not real important to me since I don't DVR much stuff.

According to their web site, the basic Fubo subscription includes 500 hours of cloud DVR storage.
My free trial had 500 hours.  Didn’t ask for any more money.  Only thing I added was the extra channels so I’d have science channel and a couple others I like.

(02-24-2020, 03:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The only downfall I see with Fubo (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that you only get 30 hours of DVR space.

(02-24-2020, 05:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 03:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That sounds about right, though I believe there is an option for more DVR space.  It's not real important to me since I don't DVR much stuff.

That’s their upgraded “family” package. The basic one which runs 55 a month only has 30 hours.

(02-24-2020, 07:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

(02-24-2020, 05:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote: According to their web site, the basic Fubo subscription includes 500 hours of cloud DVR storage.
That’s their upgraded “family” package. The basic one which runs 55 a month only has 30 hours.

I was at the 55 a month for the free trial and it included 500 hours and 3 devices.  I got the impression they normally charged for it.  But I didn’t. It did say “deal last until (whatever date). I just thought they were kidding and it was always like that for that price.  I’m sure the family pack will be “back on sale”.  If you’re interested, just keep an eye on it.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2020, 07:35 PM by Jags.)

Yeah, you made me double check.  55 for the Norma package and it includes  the “family” package.  Which includes the 3 devices and 500 hrs.  My bill is 65 and includes 500 hrs 3 devises as well as the “extra” channels.  Which normally would be 79 + the 10 for the extras.  

Just search for it.  Unless they stopped it, they seem to be keeping inline with other streaming providers.

I actually kept Dish. I did pay 65 for Fubo since I canceled late. But in all fairness, Fubo refunded my 65 no questions asked even after I had them a day after the free trial. I will go with them in the future if all the channels are still there. To save 110 a month, I would have stopped and sucked up some of the minor issues I had. All in all, I feel Fubo along with Netflix is a great route to take.

I kept Dish because when I called to cancel, they of course did their thing. “Let’s see if we can downgrade the package” deal. The problem with cable/satellite is the deals with some channels to where you will never find all you want without paying for all the crap you don’t want. I was kind and explained the situation and said we all (cable/dish or not) all have Netflix. And that I found a streaming service that gave us all we want and would save 110 and didn’t want to waste her time knowing they couldn’t come close. Well she came back with 115 after taxes for our current package and equipment. She even offered to (free of charge) upgrade our equipment to the 4K boxes and joeys. Well, I already had them. But at 115 after taxes, I’m thinking, if that’s what I was paying before, I would have never even looked at the streaming option. They guarantee no price increase for 2 years. Sure, I had to do a new 2 year contract, but with the new contract it’s only a 10/remaining month to cancel (half what I had) plus we’ve had Dish for 15 years. I was already planning to pay 420 to cancel to begin with. So, unlike Rico, I took the deal. We are capable, but 170 a month is just ridiculous.

Fubo was super cool. I still recommend it. It WIll be the company I go with in the future unless Dish after two years wants to keep it reasonable. And I feel 115 is reasonable for the channels, no glitches, awesome DVR and well, knowledge and understanding of their system.

Feel free to PM me if you have Fubo questions. It’s not perfect but it’s certainly adequate. And I’m really picky. Like SUPER picky! I would have sucked up the minor details to save the money. (It’s almost like Dish knew I was serious) lol.