Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Based on FA the pick is clearly Fournette

Quote:Same. This board would crash due to an epic level of draft night traffic of epic proportions. I'd be fine with it. If they feel like Trubisky (If he sneaks by San Francisco) or Kizer, Watson or Mahomes is a flat out upgrade over Bortles with more upside. So [BAD WORD REMOVED] be it.

[Image: 113981-personagens-que-poderiam-se-junta...20x0-1.gif]

I agree that they would flat out be an upgrade.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'd love to see us draft a QB at #4 just to see the fallout from it

Some men just want to watch the world burn 

It cant be when ya have be like Mike on your side!
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:It's a good thing that the numbers agree with what the eyes say then. He is a tough, strong, "run you over" type of RB that has breakaway speed...once he gets to the 2nd level. If he doesn't get blocking he goes down for negative yards far too often and far too easily. 

Also, I don't know how someone who trusts your eyes like you say wouldn't like McCaffrey. He runs through the between the tackles impressively. You'll want a goal line/short yardage back with him, but he can be the early down and passing down back just fine. 

But who does get positive yards without blocking? You make it seem like Fournette is the only one who needs blocking. 

Quote:But who does get positive yards without blocking?
Running backs taken in the top 5, that's who should ascend bad oline play.

Quote:Running backs taken in the top 5, that's who should ascend bad oline play.

lol I can't with this 

Quote:May not be the case if it's true we're bringing in Murray for a look from OAK next week after SEA gets a look at him. If they sign him we'd be overloaded in the backfield. 

Ivory - Yeldon - Murray - Grant 

There's no need to draft Fournette in this situation if that's the case. Especially when you dive into the numbers from last year and see that Hackett managed to call the offense into nearly a 1200 yard net rushing team through just nine or ten games.

At this point I am thinking they're either looking to trade down having filled all of these needs so they can address another need at RG or RT. And if they can't get the trade they want they may sit tight and go with Johnathan Allen or Solomon Thomas if he's there. 

Because it should go:

1. Cleveland - Myles Garrett

2. San Francisco - Mitch Trubisky 

3. Chicago - Johnathan Allen or Marshon Lattimore

4. Jacksonville - Johnathan Allen or Solomon Thomas 

While I agree with you for the most part, I can them making Ivory an expensive although possibly elite FB. He's an extremely physical RB so the role would be very natural for him, although he'd also be one of the best FBs in the league with the ball in his hands. It would get really interesting with TJ a total change of pace from Fournette as opposed to be somewhat similar to Ivory. ...and then you'd still have the speedy Corey Grant to really shake things up just when teams think they have a handle on Fournette.

'02

I doubt Ivory would consider being a FB

IMO the greatest reason to draft Fournette is to help out Bortles. If we draft Fournette at #4 then he is instantly the best talent on that side of the ball. Defensive coordinators will give you different looks. This will help the passing game in that many coordinators and players sell out for fear of getting posterized. This could give better match ups for for A Rob, Lee and Hurns. The play action with Leonard Fournette is a true threat to a defense. In conclusion, even if you are just using him as a decoy; I think having this Stud on the field greatly improves the offensive units productivity.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Based on what?

#Gojags

Quote:Based on what?

Everything. 

For the same reasons Fred and Mojo stabilized and created a foundation where the team would survive even subpar QB play during their years.  So much so Garrard (with the help of much better QBs bowing out of the honor) went to the Pro Bowl.  All carried on the back of the running game, even behind question marks on the line.  Never had a stable LT or RT, people complained about Meester constantly (though shouldn't have,) and there was really only Naeole and Manuwai that fans recognized as good.  It certainly wasn't the line or the QB that was "making" Fred and Mojo.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Still no proof but bet the house for the second best running back on the lsu team. 

#Gojags

Quote:Still no proof but bet the house for the second best running back on the lsu team. 

u a fool

Quote:u a fool
I may be a fool.  But I know when we run the ball better.  Stats have shown we lose more. 

#Gojags

I win

Quote:I may be a fool.  But I know when we run the ball better.  Stats have shown we lose more. 

I just saw this post and I don't understand? What stats show this? 

Quote:I just saw this post and I don't understand? What stats show this? 
The first five words of the post are the relevant part. 

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]