Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bad news for Watson

Quote:What DB NFL quality players did Watson play against? Let me tell you what NFL quality players Watson beat. JALEN RAMSEY, Marshon Lattimore, Marlon Humphrey (made him look silly), Malik Hooker, Gareon Conley, Eli Apple, Artie Burns. Yes some of these guys have not played an NFL down yet but these guys have been the top prospect the last 2 years. I'm not saying Deshaun is the best ever or I really want Watson I'm just letting you know what players he has played against and won. I understand it's not just Watson against these guys and that Clemson has a great team and tremendous coaching. Teddy Bridgewater is completely different. What has Bridgewater done compared to Watson? Louisville lost plenty of games with him under center.

Malik Hooker picked him off when he was staring down a wr and put too much air under it. I would hardly say that Watson was stellar passing against Ohio State.

[Image: 6kyvfAa.gif]

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He stares down guys every game. That's more concerning than his arm.

Quote:Malik Hooker picked him off when he was staring down a wr and put too much air under it. I would hardly say that Watson was stellar passing against Ohio State.

[Image: 6kyvfAa.gif]

Yup here's one of his many interceptions. A lot of his picks weren't his fault but this one clearly is. I never said he pick Malik hooker apart I just said he beat him

Quote:Yup here's one of his many interceptions. A lot of his picks weren't his fault but this one clearly is. I never said he pick Malik hooker apart I just said he beat him
He didn't beat anything, 1 td and 2 picks is not beating anything. Clemson won the game but not because of his throws. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:He didn't beat anything, 1 td and 2 picks is not beating anything. Clemson won the game but not because of his throws.

You are absolutely right, but Malik's pick didn't win the game and they still lost. If it was another team Ohio state probably would have won. We have plenty of talent on defense but how many games did we win. My point is Watson beat all those DB I mention because someone asked or pointed out that Watson doesn't play a lot of talent or at least indicated that. Again I'm not for drafting Watson, I think he's going to be really good in the right system. On our team I don't think he would succeed in the first year or two because simply we aren't very good on the offensive side of the ball. We have the right defense to win games but o-line play and RB play is not up to par to compete for a division. Then again Alex Smith type play with his quick release would help the O-line situation. I think Bortles could still be the guy though

Maybe we are splitting hairs here but you said he beat Malik Hooker. The context of the conversation, at least I thought, revolved around his throwing ability. His throwing ability was pretty poor in the OSU game, so I say he didn't beat Malik Hooker. I don't really think he beat ramsey in 2015 either. I guess if you want to make the argument that he wins games, I guess there is that, but how many national champion qbs over the last 10-15 years turned into anything in the nfl? I count 1 in Newton.

Quote:Maybe we are splitting hairs here but you said he beat Malik Hooker. The context of the conversation, at least I thought, revolved around his throwing ability. His throwing ability was pretty poor in the OSU game, so I say he didn't beat Malik Hooker. I don't really think he beat ramsey in 2015 either. I guess if you want to make the argument that he wins games, I guess there is that, but how many national champion qbs over the last 10-15 years turned into anything in the nfl? I count 1 in Newton.

How can you say he didn't beat Ramsey? I mentioned before that obviously Watson has a great cast around him that it's not just him. Watson had the best national championship game of all time. Even with all those first rounders and a coach like Nick Saban, Watson took control of that game. You can't deny he keeps his team in games and is a big reason Clemson won a lot and a national championship. Yes he makes plenty of mistakes but he's a winner, every QB makes a lot of mistakes but Watson can beat you more than one way. Again I don't want to draft Watson but I wouldn't be upset if we did. My favorite player in the draft is Ramcyzk and I'd love to see us trade down for a lot and pick him and then pick a top end guard in the 2nd. I like Lamp too for the record. But I'm not arguing Watson is a prospect like Andrew Luck, I'm just saying he's a winner and makes mistakes.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2017, 03:28 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:He threw 1 TD and 2 interceptions against that Ohio State defense for 259 yards. His rushing ability was about all he had going for him that game.
Hence the "didn't play amazing but good enough" Samjag. His first pick happened because Mike Williams fell down on his route, the second Hooker made an amazing play on a deep ball.

He had a decent game overall against 3 top 20 players in the secondary.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2017, 03:30 PM by JackCity.)

The Ohio game was just brought up because Kane asked what quality player he had played against. Don't think anyone would say he played amazing against them. He struggled for bits and bobs.

My issues with Watson are he forces the ball too much, doesn't see underneath defenders as good as he should , injury history, his arm was worse in 2016 than it was in 2015 and he needs to adjust to an NFL offense + being better in the pocket.

Not a perfect QB by any means.

Also maybe I could have used better words, how many of those DB have beat Watson that I mentioned. I know he has lost few games especially to Alabama and Humphrey the year before. All of those DBs are awesome and I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted any of them here's another point. We drafted Ramsey, probably one of the best DB drafted in the last 5 years talent wise and how many games did we win? Let's say we draft Hooker or Adams this year at 4 (which I really like them), how much better of a chance would they give us to WIN games even though we signed Church (slightly better than Cyprien) then drafting Watson, Fournette, Lamp, Ramcyzk, cook or even Robinson(not a fan of). A lot of these players aren't worth the 4th pick I wouldn't imagine. A top 3 prospect in Hooker or Adams doesn't give us any better of a chance to win then a mid 1st rounder on the offensive side of the ball. That's at least my opinion.

Quote:How can you say he didn't beat Ramsey? I mentioned before that obviously Watson has a great cast around him that it's not just him. Watson had the best national championship game of all time. Even with all those first rounders and a coach like Nick Saban, Watson took control of that game. You can't deny he keeps his team in games and is a big reason Clemson won a lot and a national championship. Yes he makes plenty of mistakes but he's a winner, every QB makes a lot of mistakes but Watson can beat you more than one way. Again I don't want to draft Watson but I wouldn't be upset if we did. My favorite player in the draft is Ramcyzk and I'd love to see us trade down for a lot and pick him and then pick a top end guard in the 2nd. I like Lamp too for the record. But I'm not arguing Watson is a prospect like Andrew Luck, I'm just saying he's a winner and makes mistakes.
Without posting the entire game to watch or breaking down every play, it is a little difficult to talk about cornerback performance unless there are picks and such, specially on a game over a year ago. I did get an article though that goes through Ramsey's performance against Clemson. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/...rojection/

Quote:Hence the "didn't play amazing but good enough" Samjag. His first pick happened because Mike Williams fell down on his route, the second Hooker made an amazing play on a deep ball.

He had a decent game overall against 3 top 20 players in the secondary.
That ball was going to be picked whether Williams fell down or not, it was a duck, and he underthrew it. 

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5...ormat=750w

Quote:Also maybe I could have used better words, how many of those DB have beat Watson that I mentioned. I know he has lost few games especially to Alabama and Humphrey the year before. All of those DBs are awesome and I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted any of them here's another point. We drafted Ramsey, probably one of the best DB drafted in the last 5 years talent wise and how many games did we win? Let's say we draft Hooker or Adams this year at 4 (which I really like them), how much better of a chance would they give us to WIN games even though we signed Church (slightly better than Cyprien) then drafting Watson, Fournette, Lamp, Ramcyzk, cook or even Robinson(not a fan of). A lot of these players aren't worth the 4th pick I wouldn't imagine. A top 3 prospect in Hooker or Adams doesn't give us any better of a chance to win then a mid 1st rounder on the offensive side of the ball. That's at least my opinion.
Malik Hooker has 1 year of tape and takes the worst tackling angles I have ever seen. I used to be pretty high on him myself but he can't tackle at all. He's the true 1 trick pony in this draft, it's a good trick, but I am skeptical having only 1 year. 

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2017, 03:53 PM by KYjaggy.)

Whoever said Geno Smith as a Watson comp isn't too far off I don't think. Geno had a nice two month stretch to end his 2nd season and a nice start to his 3rd before he got punched in the jaw...and then his ACL tear. I think if he stayed healthy he'd be in the QB purgatory class of QBs, which is what I think Watson will be too. 

This is going pretty circular. I'm not going to convince you, and you aren't going to convince me. I think Watson a 2nd-3rd round talent that's getting a lot of attention based mostly on the alabama game. I still think someone will take him in the first though. We'll have to revisit this player in a year or 2, see how he's doing. 

Quote:Without posting the entire game to watch or breaking down every play, it is a little difficult to talk about cornerback performance unless there are picks and such, specially on a game over a year ago. I did get an article though that goes through Ramsey's performance against Clemson.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/even-in-loss-fsus-jalen-ramsey-proves-an-easy-money-nfl-projection/'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/even-in-loss-fsus-jalen-ramsey-proves-an-easy-money-nfl-projection/</a>

That ball was going to be picked whether Williams fell down or not, it was a duck, and he underthrew it.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://static1.squarespace.com/static/572cbe4a7da24fb3cbe8134f/t/58794862e6f2e177e74db77c/1484343435651/Deshaun+Watson+Pick?format=750w'>https://static1.squarespace.com/static/572cbe4a7da24fb3cbe8134f/t/58794862e6f2e177e74db77c/1484343435651/Deshaun+Watson+Pick?format=750w</a>

Nope, its Mike Williams, he comes down with more contested catches than anyone in college.

Quote:Without posting the entire game to watch or breaking down every play, it is a little difficult to talk about cornerback performance unless there are picks and such, specially on a game over a year ago. I did get an article though that goes through Ramsey's performance against Clemson. 

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/even-in-loss-fsus-jalen-ramsey-proves-an-easy-money-nfl-projection/'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/even-in-loss-fsus-jalen-ramsey-proves-an-easy-money-nfl-projection/</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://static1.squarespace.com/static/572cbe4a7da24fb3cbe8134f/t/58794862e6f2e177e74db77c/1484343435651/Deshaun+Watson+Pick?format=750w'>https://static1.squarespace.com/static/572cbe4a7da24fb3cbe8134f/t/58794862e6f2e177e74db77c/1484343435651/Deshaun+Watson+Pick?format=750w</a>

Even with Ramsey's great performance FSU couldn't beat Watson and the Tigers. All I said was Watson beat Jalen, never said he made Jalen look silly like I said he did to Humphrey! Also noted Ramsey's talent is the best DB in the last 5 years and FSU still couldn't beat Clemson. Hence its not just the Ramsey and Watson show, it just shows you how important Watson was

Quote:Nope, its Mike Williams, he comes down with more contested catches than anyone in college.

Yes I watched a lot of Clemson games and he's really really good. I'm not a bandwagoner Clemson fan, I'm a UGA fan. Williams is a rare talent. Not a Calvin Johnson or Julio talent. I think he will resemble more of a AJ Green type player

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2017, 04:27 PM by Samjag904.)

Quote:Even with Ramsey's great performance FSU couldn't beat Watson and the Tigers. All I said was Watson beat Jalen, never said he made Jalen look silly like I said he did to Humphrey! Also noted Ramsey's talent is the best DB in the last 5 years and FSU still couldn't beat Clemson. Hence its not just the Ramsey and Watson show, it just shows you how important Watson was
Clemson beat FSU, Watson did not beat Ramsey. If you really want to just go off team performance, that's just so insane that there's nothing left to say. 

I just can't buy that a qb who threw 30 interceptions in 2 years in college is being considered by some to be a top 5 pick. Nearly 4% of his his attempts are intercepted.  

Quote:Yes I watched a lot of Clemson games and he's really really good. I'm not a bandwagoner Clemson fan, I'm a UGA fan. Williams is a rare talent. Not a Calvin Johnson or Julio talent. I think he will resemble more of a AJ Green type player
He's more like Alshon or Brandon Marshall to me. Separation is not his game.