Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Falcons Game Day Thread***

i'm looking forward to a good game.

I'm excited because we APPEAR to be getting better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Can anyone confirm the Jaguars game is on TV in Gainesville?

I'm sure the TV stations in Gainesville can confirm this with a quick phone call to their program director.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:NO SECOND HALF THREADS PLEASE!!!

Sorry, too late.

Quote:i'm looking forward to a good game.

This is a big game...  Huge even...  Are we really legit?  Has our coach prepared us well to take on a team that we can beat?  Can the D sustain the success from last week?  Can the offense continue to show they are for real?

This is, by far, because of the time of year, and our record, and the fact that we still have a chance to win the division, THE BIGGEST game of the year.

Quote:We don't play well against the NFC, so this game makes me nervous

It's the Jags, being nervous is just part of being a fan.

Quote:He's still not an average QB.  He's above average at least.  Just like Rivers, who killed our D.

He's had an aweful year, but to categorize him with EJ and a 40 year old is a bit off base.

Rivers is having a great year on a bad team. Flacco had a horrible season on a bad team. I think he's a good QB overall, but this season he deserves to be in that bottom tier.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It's the Jags, being nervous is just part of being a fan.

It's a prerequisite!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:This is a big game...  Huge even...  Are we really legit?  Has our coach prepared us well to take on a team that we can beat?  Can the D sustain the success from last week?  Can the offense continue to show they are for real?

This is, by far, because of the time of year, and our record, and the fact that we still have a chance to win the division, THE BIGGEST game of the year.

So you are saying this game is the biggest game in Gus' HC career?

Did I get that right?

Quote:This is a big game...  Huge even...  

Are we really legit? Yes!

Has our coach prepared us well to take on a team that we can beat? No!

Can the D sustain the success from last week? Probably Not!

Can the offense continue to show they are for real? Certainly!

This is, by far, because of the time of year, and our record, and the fact that we still have a chance to win the division, THE BIGGEST game of the year. Absolutely!

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:i'm looking forward to a good game.

We "appear to be" what we are. This team has been getting better all season. Remember that old Coors commercial . . . "They are who we thought they were."

Quote:So does anyone watch Sunday Coundown on ESPN anymore? I gave up on that show like 4 years ago.
Ha. No. Can't stand anyone on that show.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Rivers is having a great year on a bad team. Flacco had a horrible season on a bad team. I think he's a good QB overall, but this season he deserves to be in that bottom tier.

And really, isn't this just one more way that literally everything fell the Jags way this year? Rivers' team is terrible, Flacco played awful and we're still sub .500.

Quote:It's a prerequisite!

Yep, the Jags would make coffee nervous.

Quote:We "appear to be" what we are. This team has been getting better all season. Remember that old Coors commercial . . . "They are who we thought they were."

You are so bad it hurts.

Quote:Rivers is having a great year on a bad team. Flacco had a horrible season on a bad team. I think he's a good QB overall, but this season he deserves to be in that bottom tier.

I can't argue against it.  When you consider what a player is doing AT the moment of the discussion, it's fair to say Flacco has not had a good year.  But his body of work gives him the benefit of the doubt.  I think it also proves that no matter what we say, most QB's need at least some semblance of a good team around them to be successful...

Flacco is above average, but he needs players to be a SB champ.  But it's obvious, that even during this tough year for him, he's still better than EJ or Hasselbeck...

On a side note, I think based on what BB5 is doing RIGHT NOW, it's not off base to call him a top 10 QB.  What he may do next year, or what he did last year is not that important.  Right now, BB5 is looking legit.  That's really all you can ask for.  Let's say he lays an egg and we get smoked today.  I may update my opinion.

But as of now, how the season is going, he's doing great.

Quote:We "appear to be" what we are. This team has been getting better all season. Remember that old Coors commercial . . . "They are who we thought they were."

That was Dennis Green.

Quote:That was Dennis Green.

Yeah, the "tastes great, less filling guy"

[Image: 6ece8b8fb2d66f62d4b655214e87127e.jpg]

Quote:So you are saying this game is the biggest game in Gus' HC career?

Did I get that right?

Yes, it's huge for Gus too.  There are alot of questions around him as the HC.  Everyone knows how I feel about Gus.  I hope he proves me wrong...  But to not see this as a proving point to him and his career as a HC would be silly.

Quote:This is a big game...  Huge even...  Are we really legit?  Has our coach prepared us well to take on a team that we can beat?  Can the D sustain the success from last week?  Can the offense continue to show they are for real?

All of these and other questions will be answered in the next exciting episode of..... " As the Jags Turn"...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:And really, isn't this just one more way that literally everything fell the Jags way this year? Rivers' team is terrible, Flacco played awful and we're still sub .500.

Dude, don't even get me started!  The football gods literally smiled upon us.  They are still smiling on us.  But they still require us to execute...