Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:Surprised Bradford is so high there, and Stafford is so low.
Bradford had the highest comp % ever in the NFL.

probably lower INTs

That stat seems silly though.

I knew Cam was having a bad season... but he's way low.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is a breakdown of the individual passer ratings with how the AFCS QBs ranked compared to the rest of the QBs on the 200 attempt list. Only Hoyer got a perfect rating of 39.58 for not throwing a pick.

Bradford got a lot of points for his high completion percentage and low interception rate. 

[Image: Y9XfjYU.gif]

From the overall list, there appears to be a cut-off point right at the 92 qb rating mark... qbs with a 92.0 or above are your good qbs, and those with a 91.9 qb rating or below are your bad qbs.

'02

So Bortles is actually better then BO, and 3rd rated QB in the division?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:From the overall list, there appears to be a cut-off point right at the 92 qb rating mark... qbs with a 92.0 or above are your good qbs, and those with a 91.9 qb rating or below are your bad qbs.

I was wondering why Rivers was low (lower than your 91.9 cutoff anyway) cause I thought he did pretty well this season despite the Chargers' record so I split the ratings graph. Turns out Rivers threw a ton of picks.

The number after the green TD bar is how many TDs each QB needed to have a perfect 39.58 rating based on their attempts.

I think Goff is gonna bust...

[Image: ORDsHup.gif]

Quote:This is a breakdown of the individual passer ratings with how the AFCS QBs ranked compared to the rest of the QBs on the 200 attempt list. Only Hoyer got a perfect rating of 39.58 for not throwing a pick.

Bradford got a lot of points for his high completion percentage and low interception rate. 

[Image: Y9XfjYU.gif]

This chart sure makes me intrigued with what Shanahan might be able to do with Bortles.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Is that the mind bending ESPN stat or the traditional "Passer Rating" stat?

I grabbed the numbers from Football Outsiders' today. I threw in the AFCS backups and added Kessler's rating since FO includes Kessler:

[Image: 8tfVFoG.gif]

[Image: Ew6IuhH.gif]

ESPN puts Bortles with Bradford, but they don't like either QB. QBR is funky.

I still don't get how this QBR. Explain to me why Matt Cassel is near the bottom of every list here except for being #9 overall for QBR. ...on the flip side, explain why Sam Bradford has such a high qb rating but such a low QBR. He's in the middle on the lower two.

'02

Quote:I still don't get how this QBR. Explain to me why Matt Cassel is near the bottom of every list here except for being #9 overall for QBR. ...on the flip side, explain why Sam Bradford has such a high qb rating but such a low QBR. He's in the middle on the lower two.

QBR isn't a stat, it's a subjective analysis, which is why it should never be used for anything but a good laugh.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2018, 02:07 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

Remember this gem?

Lol, they both suck.