Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL NBA THREAD ***

Quote:Josh....
Well there it is. Two spots where injuries don't matter.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Magic 3-1 on this road trip with one more to go tonight at Phoenix. Would be nice to finish it going 4-1. Shoulda beat the Clippers too

;

Quote:The dynamics of the Hinkei / Colangelo relationship should be good.

Hinkie: Hey, I think we should draft _____________

Colangelo: Shut up and get me more coffee

I would be surprised if Hinkle either lasts until the end of the season, or still makes personnel decisions.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2015, 03:46 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:I would be surprised if Hinkle either lasts until the end of the season, or still makes personnel decisions.

Hinkie (from Wikipedia) -- quite honestly, I don't know what to say about the transactions below BUT check out their 2016 Daft .....

2016 Draft

Sixers Pick (Lottery)

Lakers 1st round Pick (Protected if Lakers pick 1-3)

Heat 1st round Pick (Protected if Heat pick 1-10)

Thunder 1st round Pick (Protected if Thunder pick 1-15)

Best case scenario Sixers pick #1, #4, #11, #16 ---- add Saric the #12 pick from last year (who is coming to the US in a couple years) and they may have something in 3 years.   OH WAIT, BY THAT TIME Nerlens Noel will be hitting free agency...... 

Hinkie's first major move took place during the 2013 NBA Draft, when Hinkie traded All-Star point guard Jrue Holiday to the New Orleans Pelicans for the Pelicans' top-5 protected 2014 pick and Nerlens Noel. Hinkie also selected future Rookie of the Year Michael Carter-Williams and Arsalan Kazemi in the draft.<sup>[12]</sup> In August 2013, Hinkie hired former Spurs assistant Brett Brown as the new Sixers coach, replacing Doug Collins, who had stepped down before Hinkie's hiring.<sup>[13]</sup> Hinkie's first year was marked with accusations that Philadelphia was "tanking" in order to get a high pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, and the Sixers tied the NBA record for longest losing streak.<sup>[14]</sup><sup>[15]</sup> In two trades at the 2014 NBA trade deadline, Hinkie traded veteran Sixers Evan TurnerSpencer Hawes, and Lavoy Allen, acquiring five second round picks and Henry Sims.<sup>[16]</sup> After the season, Hinkie traded long-time Sixer Thaddeus Young to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the Miami Heat's top-10 protected 2015 first round pick, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, and Alexey Shved.<sup>[17]</sup>

During the 2014 NBA Draft, Hinkie selected Joel EmbiidDario Šarić (after a trade that sent Elfrid Payton to the Magic), K.J. McDanielsJerami GrantVasilije Micic, and Jordan McRae; Hinkie also traded the 47th pick in the draft for NBA Developmental League veteran Pierre Jackson.<sup>[18]</sup> During the 2014-2015 season, Hinkie signed D-League veteran Robert Covington to a four-year contract; alongside Noel and Carter-Williams, Covington was selected to participate in the 2015 Rising Stars Challenge.<sup>[19]</sup> In three separate deals at the 2015 trade deadline, Hinkie traded Carter-Williams and McDaniels for Javale McGeeIsaiah Canaan, protected 2015 first round picks originally owned by the Lakers and the Thunder, and a second round pick.<sup>[20]</sup><sup>[21]</sup> In the 2015 NBA draft, Hinkie selected Jahlil Okafor with the third overall pick, along with Richaun Holmes and J. P. Tokoto in the second round.<sup>[22]</sup> During the 2015 off-season, Hinkie traded two second round picks for Nik StauskasJason ThompsonCarl Landry, a future first round pick, and the right to swap first round picks with Sacramento in 2016 and 2017.<sup>[23]</sup>

Orlando back behind Detroit after a 35 points loss at home tonight.

Quote:Orlando back behind Detroit after a 35 points loss at home tonight.
Yea, that was against Lebron and the Cavs, but there is no excuse for that one at home. Much better team then that.

What's the latest update on standings?

;

Quote:Orlando back behind Detroit after a 35 points loss at home tonight.

Orlando is back ahead. Are we going to do this all season?

Quote:Orlando is back ahead. Are we going to do this all season?

Pesky little buggers, they are.

Quote:Orlando is back ahead. Are we going to do this all season?
Probably. 

:yes:

Quote:Pesky little buggers, they are.
Don't you think Hail?  :woot:

;

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2015, 11:32 PM by jagsfreak27.)

Magic with a big win tonight in Orlando in Dwight's homecoming. Fournier with the clutch finish and Tobias with the great defense and FT's to ice it. 17-12 now .5 games back of the #2 seed in the east.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Magic with a big win tonight in Orlando in Dwight's homecoming. Fournier with the clutch finish and Tobias with the great defense and FT's to ice it. 17-12 now .5 games back of the #2 seed in the east.
Lost a heart breaker to Miami but beat down NO tonight. Good game.
;

Magic/Pistons standings update.

Magic the #7 seed, Pistons out of it at #10. Nets tonight for the Magic men.

;

Magic with another W. Had to fight back after some sloppy first half play.
;

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 11:03 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Good ugly win by the Magic but not having a go to guy in the clutch is going to come back and bite us hard in the second half of the season.

Vuc was clutch again. So I guess Dipo has been best suited to only play in the 4th?
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Good ugly win by the Magic but not having a go to guy in the clutch is going to come back and bite us hard in the second half of the season.

Vuc was clutch again. So I guess Dipo has been best suited to only play in the 4th?

Dipo has been in a funk lately and we need him to snap out of it if we want to realistically be a playoff team this season.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Joey Crawford will retire at the end of the season. Hallelujah!

Orlando at Detroit tonight, 7:30

;

Quote:Orlando at Detroit tonight, 7:30

If Detroit wins, they will be tied at 19-16. How fitting lol.

Quote:If Detroit wins, they will be tied at 19-16. How fitting lol.

Congrats on SVG. One of the best coaches in the league and one of the nicest people I've ever met that have been associated with professional sports. I couldn't believe we chose Dwight over him. Truly disgusting.

Quote:Congrats on SVG. One of the best coaches in the league and one of the nicest people I've ever met that have been associated with professional sports. I couldn't believe we chose Dwight over him. Truly disgusting.

Hopefully he can get Detroit back to competing.