Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL NBA THREAD ***

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2016, 08:42 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Congrats on SVG. One of the best coaches in the league and one of the nicest people I've ever met that have been associated with professional sports. I couldn't believe we chose Dwight over him. Truly disgusting.
I agree. Loved SVG and despise Howard even more from that whole situation. Howard has what it takes to be an all time great minus heart.

Magic ran into a hot shooting team tonight. They were n fire.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hopefully he can get Detroit back to competing.

Looks like he brought his "magic" touch to Andre Drummond :thumbsup: I've always respected the Pistons and loved the heart and intensity they played with, especially during the Larry Brown era. I have no doubt SVG will get you guys a ring and it will probably be very emotional for me, as I will always see SVG as "our coach"

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:I agree. Loved SVG and despise Howard even more from that whole situation. Howard has what it takes to be an all fine great minus heart.

Magic ran into a hot shooting team tonight. They were n fire.

Dwight was a mental midget with no heart and a me-first attitude. I've never seen an uglier fall from grace, or a player as unable to recognize what a great situation he was in. Hey Dwight, how have things been since you left town? Oh, really? No other competent organization will deal with your [BLEEP]? Just wait until you're a free agent this summer now that your physical skills have truly diminished! Have fun in Minny or SacTown, hope you can avoid the lottery :thumbsup:

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Dwight was a mental midget with no heart and a me-first attitude. I've never seen an uglier fall from grace, or a player as unable to recognize what a great situation he was in. Hey Dwight, how have things been since you left town? Oh, really? No other competent organization will deal with your [BAD WORD REMOVED]? Just wait until you're a free agent this summer now that your physical skills have truly diminished! Have fun in Minny or SacTown, hope you can avoid the lottery :thumbsup:
Not was, still is a mental midget! lol

;

So Orlando's GM is pushing to have a D-League team in Florida by 2017 and Jacksonville is one of the spots he is pushing for.

<a class="" href='http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-seek-to-bring-d-league-team-to-florida-20160106-story.html'>http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-seek-to-bring-d-league-team-to-florida-20160106-story.html</a>

I think it would be neat to have the Jacksonville Giants become the D League team for the Magic.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2016, 09:40 AM by TravC59.)

The Magic have really stumbled 5-10 games. 3-7 overall. Haven't played like the first 25-30 games of the season. Injuries don't help, but it's been ugly. Time to suck for Simmons? To late for that though I am afraid.

;

See what I mean about playing bad? Continues tonight. It's bad when you lose to the Sixers by 9, at home.
;

Quote:See what I mean about playing bad? Continues tonight. It's bad when you lose to the Sixers by 9, at home.

Absolutely pathetic.

At least your center didn't just set the record for most missed free throws in a game.

Quote:At least your center didn't just set the record for most missed free throws in a game.

I didn't hear much about it, but I heard on the radio at lunch that he got fouled 12 times in 2 1/2 minutes at one point?  It might not have been quite that bad, but it was along those lines.

Mcdaniels had 5 fouls in 9 seconds?! hahahahahahahahahahahahah.  Probably Dwight Howard's idea.

Quote:See what I mean about playing bad? Continues tonight. It's bad when you lose to the Sixers by 9, at home.

Yep, sad sad sad when you lose to the Sixers, especially at home.

I read where it was the Sixers first win against the Eastern conference all year, and I don't think they just meant 2016.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I didn't hear much about it, but I heard on the radio at lunch that he got fouled 12 times in 2 1/2 minutes at one point?  It might not have been quite that bad, but it was along those lines.

Mcdaniels had 5 fouls in 9 seconds?! hahahahahahahahahahahahah.  Probably Dwight Howard's idea.

The NBA needs to fix the issue of off-ball intentional fouls. Hack a shack was one thing, but at least those fouls came when Shaq had the ball in the post.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId...2&period=3

That's insane. The NBA should adopt their dead ball foul rule for off-ball intentional fouls. The guy getting fouled shoots 1 FT and the team retains possession.

Quote:The NBA needs to fix the issue of off-ball intentional fouls. Hack a shack was one thing, but at least those fouls came when Shaq had the ball in the post.

That's insane. The NBA should adopt their dead ball foul rule for off-ball intentional fouls. The guy getting fouled shoots 1 FT and the team retains possession.

I'm good with the team retains possession, but I think you need to put a time limit on it at the end of each quarter or half.  It's very rare teams go to that level.  To a certain point you have to put it in the players hands to actually make a free throw.  He is diminishing his value to the team by allowing teams be able to do that.

I was watching the University of Florida basketball game the other night and they had a guy on the court the other night at the end of the game that was 1 for 6 on the night and I think in the 20% range on the year.  His mechanics were awful....you play basketball and play for a major NCAA team, how are you that bad at shooting free throws?

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016, 09:52 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:The NBA needs to fix the issue of off-ball intentional fouls. Hack a shack was one thing, but at least those fouls came when Shaq had the ball in the post.

I have thought this too for a while. A simple fix could be that an off ball foul, maybe within the last two minutes, allows the player with the ball to shoot the free throws. Or, make it more a detterent and allow the team to choose who shoots so long as they are currently on the floor. It is a terrible part of the game and at times negates what is done for a vast majority of the game.

Edit - The retention of the ball is not a bad idea either to try and incorporate but I would say within the last two minutes or so.

;

Breaking news in just now on ESPN...Cavs fire David Blatt.

Made the NBA Finals in his first season and is 30-11 halfway through his second, fire him!

Quote:Made the NBA Finals in his first season and is 30-11 halfway through his second, fire him!

The Cavs got blown out by the Warriors at home, go on to win the next 2 games by 13 points each, are in first place in the east at 30-11 AND fire the HC.

I don't think Le Bron got along with Blatt and that's probably one of the biggest reasons for his dismissal.

Blatt's record with the Cavs was 83-40.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016, 05:36 PM by TravC59.)

Blatt fired and Tyronn Lue the new "HC". This is now more then ever the Lebron James player coach situation.

;

What's wrong with the Magic???

Quote:What's wrong with the Magic???
Monkey jumped on their back about game 30 and they can't shake it. The last several games they have had great starts, shot the ball great, then played poorly in the second half, 4th quarter mainly.

;