Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

What do we think?

I don't know what the general idea is over in America, but over here we're expected to bring cakes and treats into work on our birthdays...

Call me miserable, but surely if it's your birthday, you should be treated.. and not have to do the 'treating'?

(It's not my birthday, just a general rant).

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What do we think?

I don't know what the general idea is over in America, but over here we're expected to bring cakes and treats into work on our birthdays...

Call me miserable, but surely if it's your birthday, you should be treated.. and not have to do the 'treating'?

Lol, that would annoy me too.  That's not really how it works here.  Typically people bring people in for others birthdays.  If nobody likes you, you don't get anything.

Quote:What do we think?

Yeah...that's definitely backwards!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Lol, that would annoy me too.  That's not really how it works here.  Typically people bring people in for others birthdays.  If nobody likes you, you don't get anything.

I generally take annual leave on my birthday anyway... but I just find it odd... I have so many things that I could add into this thread..

Like this Christmas Day will be the 11th Christmas Day I have worked in the last 13 years.. the other 2 I was coming off 12 hour night shifts.. so when you look at it that way, I haven't actually had a full Christmas Day off for 13 years!.. Ho ho ho..

Quote: Ho ho ho..

Language!

Huh

Quote:Language!
 Oops.... :whistling:  :whistling:

[Image: _id1439822874_419309.jpg]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

:woot: What the hell does rant mean?

Quote::woot: What the hell does rant mean?

What you're doing in this thread... :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:What you're doing in this thread... :thumbsup:

Haha... it was a Family Guy reference... I had a meme all set up but I couldn't work out how to upload a picture... :whistling:  Blush

Typically you take a vacation day on your birthday

Quote:Typically you take a vacation day on your birthday
Hell yeah, and not for the celebrations, but because I don't want to buy cake, or share it, with my colleagues.

:thumbsup:

People driving under the speed limit drive me (no pun intended) crazy. The right lane is for people doing the speed limit and the left lane is for speeding. Thems the rules!!

People that don't know how yield signs work.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 08:04 PM by DarloJAG84.)

People who update their Facebook status like 10 times per day.

Or people who air their family issues on facebook....

Oh, and there's someone on my facebook who will post something like 'I'm so angry', when someone replies with 'ooh what's the matter?' they say 'I can't talk about it'...

WELL DON'T POST ABOUT IT!!!!!! Wallbash  Wallbash

Oh yeah, and sales assistants in shoe shops...

'We don't have these in a size 10, we have them in a size 7 though?'..

Gee thanks, let me tell my 10 year old nephew..

It probably was the same way originally if people liked you they would bring in treats, but when one person wasnt liked he simply brought in the treats & said that is how it should always be for now on...

and hence the tradition since he was king.

Joke

Quote:It probably was the same way originally if people liked you they would bring in treats, but when one person wasnt liked he simply brought in the treats & said that is how it should always be for now on...

Joke
Big Grin

People not using turn signals.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:It probably was the same way originally if people liked you they would bring in treats, but when one person wasnt liked he simply brought in the treats & said that is how it should always be for now on...

Joke

We had to stop doing in-office birthdays altogether because one curmudgeon didn't get any recognition on hers, even though all recognition were peer initiated.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato