Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has to be the Jaguars pick

Quote:Eric Berry is a SS, we already two SS's in Cyprien and Sample (I think DC drafted Sample as Cyp's replacement in 2016).
Eric Berry is a playmaker, something Cyprien hasnt shown he could be whatsoever, and I havent seen any standout plays from Sample that make me think hes anywhere close to Eric Berry's level of play.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Eric Berry is a playmaker, something Cyprien hasnt shown he could be whatsoever, and I havent seen any standout plays from Sample that make me think hes anywhere close to Eric Berry's level of play.

What makes you think the Chiefs will let Berry walk? Even if they do I doubt the Jags sign him, considering they've invested a 2nd, and 4th round pick into the same position.

I wouldn't go quite as far as this, but Ramsey is probably my second choice for the Jags right now. Bosa > Ramsey > Jaylon = Jack > VH3 for need/talent blend. 

Nkemdiche or Ramsey would be nice. I'm wanting Nkemdiche because our line is horrible.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:What makes you think the Chiefs will let Berry walk? Even if they do I doubt the Jags sign him, considering they've invested a 2nd, and 4th round pick into the same position.
I have no idea whether he will be available or not, but if it came down to it and he was on the open market and we had a chance to have him over cyp/sample, I would damn sure hope we at least entertain the idea of bringing him in.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 06:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Eric Berry is a SS, we already two SS's in Cyprien and Sample (I think DC drafted Sample as Cyp's replacement in 2016).
Berry can play FS or SS, what makes you think he is strictly a SS?  Dude is a playmaker that can play the run and pass, and Cyp or Sample is not even close to the talent Berry is

http://www.nfl.com/player/ericberry/496723/profile

Berry can play both safety spots but i would play him mostly at FS because of his play making ability. 

Quote:I wouldn't go quite as far as this, but Ramsey is probably my second choice for the Jags right now. Bosa > Ramsey > Jaylon = Jack > VH3 for need/talent blend. 
Cmon Dave, another needs drafter!  At least we don't have to hear about you QB evaluations this year with Geno and Bridgewater.  Should be a lot of good talk on this board in the coming months though

Quote:I'd take Hargreaves over him as well, but I'd take Bosa over both of them.

Bosa is one of the most overrated players in college football.

Vh3 is a very good corner, but the jaguars have promising corners.

There is a glaring need at the FS position and Ramsey looks like he could be very, very good in the NFL. He has versatility to where he could play corner, maybe not as well as vh3 but his value to the team at fs is higher than vh3's as a corner.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

this d-line needs to be fixed above all else. nkemdiche+fowler=wet dreams.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 09:57 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:Cmon Dave, another needs drafter!  At least we don't have to hear about you QB evaluations this year with Geno and Bridgewater.  Should be a lot of good talk on this board in the coming months though
If it's a pure talent tier then I have Bosa by himself and the other 4 on the tier below that as of right now. VH3 falls a little below the other 3 because of need, but his talent is the same. You don't eschew greater talent for need, but you do pick the bigger need on the same tier of talent, which is why I have VH3 last out of those 5. For another team like the Niners that is CB desperate VH3 could be 2nd no question.

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/player/ericberry/496723/profile

Berry can play both safety spots but i would play him mostly at FS because of his play making ability. 

Most safeties can "play" both spots, but not effectively, Eric Berry plays the SS spot because he's more effective in that role, he doesn't have the range or elite athleticism (Berry is a good athlete) that Ramsey does. Jalen Ramsey is easily the best FS prospect to come out since Earl Thomas, he's a sure fire top 5 pick, and the Jaguars should certainly consider him.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2015, 11:50 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Most safeties can "play" both spots, but not effectively, Eric Berry plays the SS spot because he's more effective in that role, he doesn't have the range or elite athleticism (Berry is a good athlete) that Ramsey does. Jalen Ramsey is easily the best FS prospect to come out since Earl Thomas, he's a sure fire top 5 pick, and the Jaguars should certainly consider him.
You say he is playng SS because he is more effective in that role but he is actually playing FS lol. I posted the link to show you he is playing FS not SS. I like Ramsey but dissagree that you he has more range or athletic ability than Berry. Nor do i think he is the prospect Berry was when coming out

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2015, 02:19 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:Felt like a lot of that was scheme. Kelly has pretty much been Babich levels of bad as a coordinator, but Ramsey is a playmaker with a nose for the football. We haven't had that in Jax since Mathis. I'd say he'd be a good pick. 
Yea Ramsey or Hargaves need to be the pick, we need play makers on defense, I think getting Fowler and Marks back 100% next year will help pass rush and we can also draft some guys later and sign a FA

Playmakers at DB are hard to come by and we have a shot at 2 of them

Also lol @ passing up Eric Berry cuz you have Cyp and Sample 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/player/ericberry/496723/profile

Ok my bad I didn't see that, either way there's no chance and hell the Chiefs are going to let EB walk, he's one of their best players and a fan favorite.

Quote:Ok my bad I didn't see that, either way there's no chance and hell the Chiefs are going to let EB walk, he's one of their best players and a fan favorite.
Probably not but if he somehow does hit the market he would be 1st on the free agent list for me.  Even If Dave has Ramsey highest on his board I would draft Ramsey to play FS and sign Berry to play SS.  Sample and Cyp for depth, our safety spots go from a weakness to a strength.  Either way, if we can get Bosa, Ramsey, or Hargreaves I happy

Anyone who thinks Hargreaves got abused last year against Cooper needs to rewatch the game. That's definitely not what happend

Quote:Anyone who thinks Hargreaves got abused last year against Cooper needs to rewatch the game. That's definitely not what happend
they just looked at his stats that game.  Cooper had 5 catches for 51 yrds and a TD against VH3 that game

Quote:they just looked at his stats that game.  Cooper had 5 catches for 51 yrds and a TD against VH3 that game
Hargreaves also spent half the game on the sidelines. Obviously VH3 wasn't playing at 100%, but when they were both on the field Cooper pretty handily won the matchup. 

Quote:Hargreaves also spent half the game on the sidelines. Obviously VH3 wasn't playing at 100%, but when they were both on the field Cooper pretty handily won the matchup.
he missed the last 8 min of the game. Wouldnt consider that half the game