Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has to be the Jaguars pick

Quote:I have to admit that I hadn't watched him very closely until yesterday when I took a look at his draftbreakdown cutups.

He looks awful. Like borderline undraftable. I certainly wouldn't even draft him on day 3. Ramsey isn't physical and has no ability to shed a block and make a play. He looks like he gives minimal effort. He is constantly out of position. I laughed at the Oregon game when he was on the field early in the first dressing down and screaming at his teammates on 3 or 4 occasions for being out of position, but then he gets out of position almost 10 times in the game and is responsible for multiple touchdowns.

No thanks. Give me Eric Berry or Tashaun Gipson.

Lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 12:42 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:Lol

Seems pretty extreme, I know... But that's how unimpressed I was after watching those 5 or 6 games.  I have no idea how he was hyped as highly as he was.  I know most won't agree with me, and certainly not you, being a huge FSU fan, but I think slowly people will sit down and watch some of his tape and you'll see a slow trickle of what I am saying now - especially come February or March when draft season starts.

It happens every year.

Quote:I have to admit that I hadn't watched him very closely until yesterday when I took a look at his draftbreakdown cutups.

He looks awful. Like borderline undraftable. I certainly wouldn't even draft him on day 3. Ramsey isn't physical and has no ability to shed a block and make a play. He looks like he gives minimal effort. He is constantly out of position. I laughed at the Oregon game when he was on the field early in the first dressing down and screaming at his teammates on 3 or 4 occasions for being out of position, but then he gets out of position almost 10 times in the game and is responsible for multiple touchdowns.

Troll?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Where are the guys who dismissed him after the Miami game? He back on your board after this past Saturday? That's how it works right? I'd take him in a heartbeat

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Troll?

Absolutely not.  Remember the post.  I promise you that you'll start hearing echoing of what I am saying around February.

Just go take an honest look for yourself.  He's not Patrick Peterson, although many seem to be wishing he was.

Quote:Absolutely not. Remember the post. I promise you that you'll start hearing echoing of what I am saying around February.

Just go take an honest look for yourself. He's not Patrick Peterson, although many seem to be wishing he was.

Well Ramsey is going to play safety and Peterson is a corner so I guess you're right there....
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

He dominated Louisville

Quote:Well Ramsey is going to play safety and Peterson is a corner so I guess you're right there....

You don't know he will play safety for sure, although that is the assumption.  Patrick Peterson was a bigger corner who many thought might possibly play safety in the NFL when he was going through the draft process.  They are similar in that respect - guys who played corner and have safety size with corner athleticism.  

I wouldn't say he's undraftable, but he's not as good as he's made out to be.

Having a big mouth moves him up in the minds of armchair GMs

Quote:Seems pretty extreme, I know... But that's how unimpressed I was after watching those 5 or 6 games. I have no idea how he was hyped as highly as he was. I know most won't agree with me, and certainly not you, being a huge FSU fan, but I think slowly people will sit down and watch some of his tape and you'll see a slow trickle of what I am saying now - especially come February or March when draft season starts.

It happens every year.

Thanks for posting this. Now I know not to take anything you say seriously come draft time.

Quote:Thanks for posting this. Now I know not to take anything you say seriously come draft time.

That's your prerogative. I have been pretty damn accurate in years past though.

Quote:That's your prerogative. I have been pretty damn accurate in years past though.

With what?

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 08:52 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:With what?
Specifically? In regards to statements I've made that aren't consensus?

Off the top of my head some of the most recent ones:

I called Blake Bortles the 2nd best QB in the draft next to Bridgewater 2 years before he was drafted when he wasn't even considered a mid round pick at the time. I ended up having him #1 over Bridgewater at the end.

Said La'el Collins, Andrus Peat, and Ereck Flowers were the best linemen last year and they have been.

Said Scherff wasn't that good and would have to play guard. He isn't and has.

Said Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, and Ziggy Ansah weren't good. Ansah has been above average, the other two garbage.

I said Sammy Watkins wasn't very good and that DeAndre Hopkins was the better of the two.

I said Tavon Austin wasn't any good.

Those off the top of my head amongst other things you might not think is a big deal now, but it wasn't so consensus at the time... Like hopping on the Luck bandwagon early his first season at Stanford when he was just one of ten names people mentioned as a potential high draft pick in a few years. I said Manziel was garbage and although I wasn't the only one, I had to fight with the fanboys (there were a lot on here.) I said Todd Gurley would be the next Adrian Peterson and he's off to a good start.

Quote:Specifically? In regards to statements I've made that aren't consensus?

I called Blake Bortles the 2nd best QB in the draft next to Bridgewater 2 years before he was drafted when he wasn't even considered a mid round pick at the time. I ended up having him #1 over Bridgewater at the end.

Said La'el Collins, Andrus Peat, and Ereck Flowers were the best linemen last year and they have been.

Said Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, and Ziggy Ansah weren't good. Ansah has been above average, the other two garbage.

I said Sammy Watkins wasn't very good and that DeAndre Hopkins was the better of the two.

Those off the top of my head amongst other things you might not think is a big deal now, but it wasn't so consensus at the time... Like hopping on the Luck bandwagon early his first season at Stanford when he was just one of ten names people mentioned as a potential high draft pick in a few years. I said Manziel was garbage and although I wasn't the only one, I had to fight with the fanboys (there were a lot on here.) I said Todd Gurley would be the next Adrian Peterson and he's off to a good start.

That's really good. What predictions have you missed?

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 09:50 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:That's really good. What predictions have you missed?
The most recent off the top of my head:

Missed on Eric Fisher, Dee Milliner, Trent Richardson, Xavier Sua-Filo, and to some extent, Justin Blackmon.

I also was extremely high on Mohammad Sanu, Kenny Britt, and Tyrone Calico. They saw/have seen flashes and moderate success, but I was convinced they would be top 10 receivers. I was also very high on Jared Abbrederis, but he's been mostly hurt.

Was very high on Isaiah Crowell, Christine Michael, and Zack Zenner. Crowell has been just ok. Michael hasn't seen the field. Zenner just started to see the field and now he's got a collapsed lung.

Quote:Specifically? In regards to statements I've made that aren't consensus?

Modern day Gene Smith here....
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:Modern day Gene Smith here....

Ouch.

Quote:The most recent off the top of my head:

Missed on Eric Fisher, Dee Milliner, Trent Richardson, Xavier Sua-Filo, and to some extent, Justin Blackmon.

I also was extremely high on Mohammad Sanu, Kenny Britt, and Tyrone Calico. They saw/have seen flashes and moderate success, but I was convinced they would be top 10 receivers. I was also very high on Jared Abbrederis, but he's been mostly hurt.

Was very high on Isaiah Crowell, Christine Michael, and Zack Zenner. Crowell has been just ok. Michael hasn't seen the field. Zenner just started to see the field and now he's got a collapsed lung.

I respect that.

Of course he would look awful if you never payed consistent attention to him.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Where are the guys who dismissed him after the Miami game? He back on your board after this past Saturday? That's how it works right? I'd take him in a heartbeat

Miami was the only team who consistently was able to scheme and take deep shots against him like last season.

As stated earlier, he has good stride and length. His only weakness is not looking back for the ball in man coverage.

He is his best in zone or 2 deep coverage. In the Miami game where he made the crucial deflection he was in zone.

I will draft him as a safety even though he has potential at corner.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.