Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

I will say though, I think we're overreaction a little. It was the Patriots after all. What I didn't like to see was the fire Bortles had last week to tell us kindergartners off was totally missing today.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He hasn't shown one good quality as a HC. I honestly think the talent on this roster is fine. He's an awful HC.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 07:34 PM by copycat.)

Quote:If Gus goes, David has to go with him. He's the one that blew it all up and then went on to compile what to this point is worse then anything he blew up. You can't fire the driver and not fire the engineer that built the car that won't get out of 3rd gear. 
I am not so sure about this premise.  As I look at the roster there certainly seems to be talent there, albeit raw talent.  This is different from what Gene Smith gave us much to my dismay.  I digress but I think we have talent now, what I do not see is development or effective utilization of that talent.  At the same time it is too difficult to gauge what this team is capable of when I look at the injury list.  We as fans are in such a predicament.  Is it coaching?  Is it talent? I can only imagine what Shad is going through.  One thing that is for sure for me.  I am sick of giving coordinators their 1st shot at being a head coach.  History does not support first time head coaches overall.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

What makes everyone so sure we have talent? I'm no scout but, for three years worth of collecting, I'm not really seeing much.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...precision/

How about we try to win the game and prepare ahead of time so that we don't get our [BLEEP] kicked? seriously. Where's the outrage and frustration over giving up a franchise record of 51 points on defense? Gus has no backbone.

"more precision" isn't the reason we lost.  

We just got our [BLEEP] kicked.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Is this his way of noting that Bortles has terrible aim with his passes?

Quote:What makes everyone so sure we have talent? I'm no scout but, for three years worth of collecting, I'm not really seeing much.

You're seeing a bad coach incorrectly use the talent he has.

Quote:"more precision" isn't the reason we lost.  

We just got our [BAD WORD REMOVED] kicked.

Wrong, we were sloppy on offense, and we couldn't tackle or make proper reads on defense...

That's precision.

Now if we get blown out by the clots next week, I'll be all over this team...  Let's see what happens next sunday.

Quote:You're seeing a bad coach incorrectly use the talent he has.

That's exactly what it feels like to me.

The team is inconsistent and sloppy. That screams coaching to me.

Sloppy coaching results in sloppy play.

We have seen it time and again.

Injuries yes. I get it. That's not an excuse to be play like they have for the entire Bradley tenure.

There's a problem here...

Quote:That's exactly what it feels like to me.

I'm not sure. The scary thing is that in some aspects the offense has improved dramatically since last year. The offensive line is head and shoulders better in pass protection than it was last year, but Bortles is still throwing wild on a lot of attempts and holding the team overall back.

Quote:If Gus goes, David has to go with him. He's the one that blew it all up and then went on to compile what to this point is worse then anything he blew up. You can't fire the driver and not fire the engineer that built the car that won't get out of 3rd gear. 

I go back and forth on this one.  I'll give it more time to think about it.  I think the talent is being acquired.  I'm just thinking the implementation and execution is lacking, that's on the coaches.

Quote:You mean like they did anyway??

Quote:You're seeing a bad coach incorrectly use the talent he has.

That's how I feel about it right now as well...

Quote:That's exactly what it feels like to me.

Precision is on the coaching staff.  

Next week's game is very important.  If we get blown out next week, then I think it's time to begin re-evaluating the HC... 

And yes, it's that early to consider it.

I watched the 2nd half of the clots/tacks game...  Those two teams are ripe for the picking, and i think we have the talent to take them.  If we can't come out and take it to the clots, then I'll have serious doubts that this coach is the one that can ever get us to the playoffs...

And to be honest, I already have concerns...  If he doesn't realize it's time to be a winner, he'll never realize it...

That fake punt when they were down 30, on their own 25, was about it for me. That's something you try on the opening drive, not when the blowout is complete.

Quote:Wrong, we were sloppy on offense, and we couldn't tackle or make proper reads on defense...

That's precision.

Now if we get blown out by the clots next week, I'll be all over this team...  Let's see what happens next sunday.
We played half *** against a superior team who's one goal is make a statement this year. Doomed from the start, however I'm with you next week. Luck's throwing picks in bunches and a failed 2pt conversion could be the only thing between Indy and 0-3. Go for the kill or reevaluate the staff.

Sean Payton takes over next year......

Badly outcoached.  You had to know the Pats would sell out to stop the run and also double Robinson.  So, we run into the teeth of the stacked defense and throw into double coverage. 

Gus isn't willing to put in the time and effort to get better at his craft.  Bill Belichek spends the offseason scouting future opponents and getting himself prepared to get his team prepared.  

You just don't see that same level of preparation on the Jags coaching staff.  

Quote:Wow

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>Michael DiRocco ‏@ESPNdirocco </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/648236987409805312'>1m1 minute ago</a>

WR Marqise Lee (hamstring) tells me he could have gone back into the game but team held him out. <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> <a class="bbc_url" href='http://t.co/zJNYCZGZrw'>http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0439889774493308578-4 …</a>

Staff gave up on this game

Honestly, I can't blame them on that front. This game was way out of hand, and bringing Lee in the inevitably ensure he can't play next week wouldn't have changed that. I don't think we've scored 30 points in 3 years. We weren't keeping up with them today with or without Lee.

Quote:Sean Payton takes over next year......

If things continue down the path they are on, that theory may gain some traction...