Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

Tweet from Rick Ballou (@Ballou1010xl) - Gus: I'm discouraged, that's a fair assessment. #Jaguars

https://twitter.com/Ballou1010xl/status/...2252262400

I didn't think it was possible for him to have anything other than a positive outlook on everything. Whether you're a fan of his or not this is terrible.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He wasn't positive after the first week either

;

;

Gus broke himself, we didn't break squat..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Prison will break any man.

Your  team gives up 35 first downs and and 51 points, you bet your [BLEEP] that will get you discouraged. 

Cheerful coach not so cheerful after being blown out Sad

Quote:Tweet from Rick Ballou (@Ballou1010xl) - Gus: I'm discouraged, that's a fair assessment. #Jaguars

https://twitter.com/Ballou1010xl/status/...2252262400

I didn't think it was possible for him to have anything other than a positive outlook on everything. Whether you're a fan of his or not this is terrible.
Yeah, for him to admit being discouraged is new. He may know the end is near.

Don't say I didn't warn you, but we are on the verge of Interim Head Coach Doug Marrone

Quote:Yeah, for him to admit being discouraged is new. He may know the end is near.

Don't say I didn't warn you, but we are on the verge of Interim Head Coach Doug Marrone

No chance, not after having ONE win this early in the season.

people complain he is happy and handing out ice cream.  soooo now that he isn't, he is also wrong.  great stuff you guys got. gotta love having it both ways

Quote:Yeah, for him to admit being discouraged is new. He may know the end is near.

You do realize Doug Marrone had a pretty big hand in the offensive game play this week right?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:You do realize Doug Marrone had a pretty big hand in the offensive game play this week right?
Doesn't matter dude, he's gonna be the one to take over. Only one with HC experience.

Quote:You do realize Doug Marrone had a pretty big hand in the offensive game play this week right?

Says who? Right now our OC is Olsen. He calls the shots.

Our secondary is incapable of making plays

Quote:Says who? Right now our OC is Olsen. He calls the shots.

He's the assistant head coach. You think he doesn't have any input?

Quote:He's the assistant head coach. You think he doesn't have any input?
Well if you asked half the people on this board before the losses started, he had no input because Gus hired Olson to be OC and Marrone being hired first was just coincidence.

Because people are dense.

This team just doesn't have enough guys that play above the x's and o's  on a consistent basis, particulary at the positions (QB, DE, WR) needed to compete with the upper echelon teams in this league.

Quote:He's the assistant head coach. You think he doesn't have any input?

You don't know how much influence he has in the offensive playcalling. He's first and foremost our offensive line coach. Hell, Gus is the head coach and it seems like the only role he has in the offense is to tell the OC to be aggressive or not.

So let me get this straight, after all the games Gus has coached as the Jags head coach and all the beatings he has taken to get to his 8-27 record, he finally has the Jags in a 4 team tie for 1st place after 3 games (and with an upcoming game against the clots) AND now he gets discouraged?

What the heck took so long?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

The defense is bending and breaking. So passive and slow. Defense gameplan is to wait for opponent to make three mistakes in a row and punt