Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
(sigh) Tiger, Tiger, Tiger...

Quote:Yep, people quickly forget what he did for golf and are quick to kick a man when he is down. Guys weren't playing for 1M 1st place purses before Tiger came along.

Hopefully his back gets better and he can steal another green jacket one year.
When everything happened a few years back and people were upset about his situation with cheating on his wife. I remember my aunt and dad arguing about it at thanksgiving. My dad said something that sort put a lot of athletes off filed situations into a  new perspective for me. He said; "I never liked him because he was faithful to his wife, i liked him because he may have been the best golfer i have ever seen walk onto a course. Regardless of how many women he has been with, that hasn't changed."  

It may have been one simple statement, but it sort of made me view athlete's personal situations in different light after that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Am I the only one who thinks the cops should have taken him to a hospital rather than booking him??

Quote:Am I the only one who thinks the cops should have taken him to a hospital rather than booking him??
I mean that is one of those that is really is tough to judge on so many levels. when you watch the vid, you have to feel for bad for the guy because it wasn't like he was just getting slammed at a bar and intentionally made bad move after bad move for a long period of time. He literally took a few pills that are probably prescribed to him and he may have taken dozens of times in the past but  just reacted in way that he never intended. you could tell he was drifting in and out of coherent focus.

from a moral standpoint i would say yes take him to the hospital. But how many times do cops act based off morals? they act by a textbook of [BLEEP] that predetermines their every action. So after watching half of that video, i knew that was only going to go one way.

Quote:Am I the only one who thinks the cops should have taken him to a hospital rather than booking him??

As long as they take every single black, white, and hispanic person that commits a crime and appears to be disoriented to the hospital, then I'm OK with that.

A lot of people high on meth or other drugs blow a 0.0

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Quote:As long as they take every single black, white, and hispanic person that commits a crime and appears to be disoriented to the hospital, then I'm OK with that.

Cops should know the signs of a potential overdose. They did the wrong thing here. I'd expect some kind of suit out of this from the Tiger camp.

Quote:Cops should know the signs of a potential overdose. They did the wrong thing here. I'd expect some kind of suit out of this from the Tiger camp.

So you are saying the Cops need to use their own discretion each and every time they go to make an arrest.  There would be soooooo many lawsuits against them for making wrong choices that cities would be bankrupt.  Police need a clear set of rules that are black and white (not grey) to prevent lawsuits of discrimination and/or lawsuits simply resulting from bad judgement.    Multiply Tiger Woods by the countless comparable incidents across the country each year and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017, 02:32 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:So you are saying the Cops need to use their own discretion each and every time they go to make an arrest.  There would be soooooo many lawsuits against them for making wrong choices that cities would be bankrupt.  Police need a clear set of rules that are black and white (not grey) to prevent lawsuits of discrimination and/or lawsuits simply resulting from bad judgement.    Multiply Tiger Woods by the countless comparable incidents across the country each year and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

I am just saying if Tiger died at the police station of cardiac arrest, there are probably several clues on that dash cam that would have suggested they take him to a hospital. If his condition were alcohol induced, he would have likely reeked of booze. It is just in my opinion that the arresting officers used poor judgement.

And one more note. With the Jupiter PD deciding to release the dash cam footage to the public, the AO's deserve to have their judgement put under the microscope.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2017, 11:07 PM by nate.)

(05-31-2017, 09:57 AM)FBT Wrote: As more details come out about this incident, the more convinced I am that this was a bad drug interaction and not some reckless intentional behavior on Tiger's part.

All of the reports talk about him not being completely aware of where he is, wearing clothing that would most commonly be something he'd sleep in.  When they pulled up on him, he was asleep at the wheel.  I know from experience, a family member of mine was on Ambien, and 99% of the time it did the job without any issues, but there were rare occasions when the drug would cause hallucinations, sleep walking, and behavior very similar to what has been reported here.  It was significant enough that this person stopped taking the meds for fear they'd walk out of the house, hop in the car, and do something similar to what Woods did. 

Tiger ain't no saint, but with the recent back surgeries and the medication required for that, this could end up being something he had very little control over. 

All of the initial reports turned out to be false, including his behavior and him refusing to do a Breathalyzer. He did the Breathalyzer, and blew zeros, and the police reports indicate he was compliant and cooperative.  The media pounced on this immediately and half the stuff they reported beyond him being arrested were false.  TMZ is one of the worst when it comes to trying to get the story out first whether it's right or not.

I tend to agree with everything you said there, adding the inevitable response to the "they tell you not to operate heavy machinery...." comment that will follow.

The warnings by and large say "may cause....." x y or z, and/or "use care when interacting with other opioids" or "Use extreme care" and other similar warnings.

Not exactly a fair warning, when someone, anyone, is not likely to have a clue what to expect.  

I have tried that case, with someone blowing below the legal limit, and falling asleep at the wheel.  Nearly everyone has been drowsy at the wheel.  Many people have had a "whoa!  That hit harder then I thought!" moment, much less someone who recently had surgery and isn't mixing with other drugs and/or booze.

Sadly, he has to avoid a public trial, to actually contest being guilty, and will likely resolve this for a careless or reckless driving at some point.

(06-01-2017, 01:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
Quote:As long as they take every single black, white, and hispanic person that commits a crime and appears to be disoriented to the hospital, then I'm OK with that.

Cops should know the signs of a potential overdose. They did the wrong thing here. I'd expect some kind of suit out of this from the Tiger camp.

I can't see where you are going with that.  Suit for what?  He was driving.  He was impaired.  He was driving.  They had probable cause.  I see no claim for any physical harm.  

They didn't cause the circumstances.  Same to any damage to his reputation.  He, the drugs and their interaction, and perhaps incomplete information from his doctors did.

(06-05-2017, 10:56 PM)nate Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 09:57 AM)FBT Wrote: As more details come out about this incident, the more convinced I am that this was a bad drug interaction and not some reckless intentional behavior on Tiger's part.

All of the reports talk about him not being completely aware of where he is, wearing clothing that would most commonly be something he'd sleep in.  When they pulled up on him, he was asleep at the wheel.  I know from experience, a family member of mine was on Ambien, and 99% of the time it did the job without any issues, but there were rare occasions when the drug would cause hallucinations, sleep walking, and behavior very similar to what has been reported here.  It was significant enough that this person stopped taking the meds for fear they'd walk out of the house, hop in the car, and do something similar to what Woods did. 

Tiger ain't no saint, but with the recent back surgeries and the medication required for that, this could end up being something he had very little control over. 

All of the initial reports turned out to be false, including his behavior and him refusing to do a Breathalyzer. He did the Breathalyzer, and blew zeros, and the police reports indicate he was compliant and cooperative.  The media pounced on this immediately and half the stuff they reported beyond him being arrested were false.  TMZ is one of the worst when it comes to trying to get the story out first whether it's right or not.

I tend to agree with everything you said there, adding the inevitable response to the "they tell you not to operate heavy machinery...." comment that will follow.

The warnings by and large say "may cause....." x y or z, and/or "use care when interacting with other opioids" or "Use extreme care" and other similar warnings.

Not exactly a fair warning, when someone, anyone, is not likely to have a clue what to expect.  

I have tried that case, with someone blowing below the legal limit, and falling asleep at the wheel.  Nearly everyone has been drowsy at the wheel.  Many people have had a "whoa!  That hit harder then I thought!" moment, much less someone who recently had surgery and isn't mixing with other drugs and/or booze.

Sadly, he has to avoid a public trial, to actually contest being guilty, and will likely resolve this for a careless or reckless driving at some point.

(06-01-2017, 01:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:  

I can't see where you are going with that.  Suit for what?  He was driving.  He was impaired.  He was driving.  They had probable cause.  I see no claim for any physical harm.  

They didn't cause the circumstances.  Same to any damage to his reputation.  He, the drugs and their interaction, and perhaps incomplete information from his doctors did.

I have to agree with you. But i understand what Stroud is saying. in today's time, with how cops are placed under a microscope, they cannot make these types of calls based on anything other than the book(not that they should do it anyother way).

The unfortunate part is , while i tiger was certainly driving impaired, i don't think there was any malicious or intentional intent to do so. It wasn't like he got slammed at a bar and then decided to get the behind the wheel. Or acquired prescription drugs illegally and then decided to joy ride. You can tell from the video, he was barely in a coherent state of consciousness and was almost as surprised as the cops that he was driving. So while he broke the law for sure, there is almost the case for him that he was mislead or given bad information on the drugs he was taking(which he is subscribed and didn't acquire illegally). That is what i meant by i understand where stroud is coming from.