Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post-combine Draft

(03-19-2022, 10:12 PM)Upper Wrote: I am seeing mock after mock with Karlaftis falling out of the first round now. How fun would it be to put Karlaftis at big end with Aidan and Allen rushing on his side?

I think that all changes now with David Ojabo tearing his ACL this far into the offseason. I don't see Ojabo falling out of round 1, but a guy like Karlaftis should go ahead of him to a team needing an immediate upgrade at edge rusher. I originally had Ojabo going to the Eagles with one of their 3 first round picks. I now have them taking Karlaftis with pick #19 and I have Ojabo going to Tampa Bay at #27 and Boye Mafe sneaking into round 1 to Kansas City at pick #30.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-18-2022, 08:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 08:12 PM)Newton Wrote: What would it realistically cost us to move from 33 to 26 or so to grab one of the remaining top WRs?

I think we'd have to trade up a lot higher than 26 to get one of the top WR's (London, Williams, Olave, Wilson or even Dotson.) Given what has gone down in the past week, I have all of those receivers gone by pick #22. London to Atlanta at #8, Williams to the NYJ at #10, Wilson to Philadelphia at #19, Olave to New England at #21 and Dotson to Green Bay at #22. I'd try to at least get to #20 overall and that would cost us our 2nd round pick and the first of our 3rd round picks according to the NFL Draft trade chart that the league uses. I'd do it.

I would do that as well if the opportunity was there.

Well now that a run on receivers is looking more likely, how do we feel about snagging a top TE at the top of the second If there is better value there?

(03-24-2022, 05:25 PM)Newton Wrote: Well now that a run on receivers is looking more likely, how do we feel about snagging a top TE at the top of the second If there is better value there?

The only TE I would consider at #33 is Tre McBride. Otherwise I'm targeting a TE with pick #65. That's the "sweet spot."

I only hope we draft personnel that play the position we draft them for. I hope they do NOT draft a 4-3 defensive end then run a 3-4 defense. We have a history of doing this type of thing and it turning out badly.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-24-2022, 05:25 PM)Newton Wrote: Well now that a run on receivers is looking more likely, how do we feel about snagging a top TE at the top of the second If there is better value there?

I don't think the TE have shifted in their value/slotted positions.

What the run on WR may do, though, is push some first round talents down the order at other positions. I'm thinking guys like Devin Lloyd, Louis Cine, Penning, Davis, etc. They may not fall all the way to 33, but a minimal deal to sneak up 5-6 spots might land someone we had no shot at before the market went haywire. If they do drop to us, we have a lot more options to sort through.

Even if we don't want one of those guys who slip, that may afford us a chance to trade backward in the second and net a future pick from someone else enamored with one of those guys, or the others who shuffle backward. We could then get our TE where they fit, along with either some extra capital this year or next.

Brisker destroyed his pro day today too. If things fall like they have been lately in mocks I really think one of the safeties is going to be BAP at 33. Any of Cine, Daxton, and Brisker would look awesome next to Cisco and give us a full starting 5 secondary that has no weak links to pick on.