Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We should draft Jahan Dotson with pick 33..

(04-01-2022, 09:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 08:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I haven't though about McBride to KC but that makes a ton a sense for the reasons you said.  KC and Tampa makes a lot of sense and if McBride is there at the end of the 2nd I don't think he would make it past either.

A couple of additional points on this matter:

1.  If the Chiefs somehow end up with Jameson Williams snd he returns to pre injury form, and then they add a McBride, they can efectively replicate the dynamic Tyreek Hill and Kelce provided at a much lower price for an extra 4-5 years.

2.  The Chiefs taking McBride would be perfectly in line with Reid's personnel philosophy.  Like Pederson, Reid has placed a buig emphasis on the TE position.  He has had numerous pro bowlers at the position over the years in Philly and KC.
If the Chiefs get Jamo, that's just the rich getting richer.

I've also seen Jamo mocked to the Chargers and that's also not fair. Keenan, Mike Will and Jamo for Herbert?!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2022, 09:47 AM by Bullseye. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-01-2022, 09:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 09:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote: A couple of additional points on this matter:

1.  If the Chiefs somehow end up with Jameson Williams snd he returns to pre injury form, and then they add a McBride, they can efectively replicate the dynamic Tyreek Hill and Kelce provided at a much lower price for an extra 4-5 years.

2.  The Chiefs taking McBride would be perfectly in line with Reid's personnel philosophy.  Like Pederson, Reid has placed a big emphasis on the TE position.  He has had numerous pro bowlers at the position over the years in Philly and KC.
If the Chiefs get Jamo, that's just the rich getting richer.

I've also seen Jamo mocked to the Chargers and that's also not fair. Keenan, Mike Will and Jamo for Herbert?!

That's exactly what happens with the best organizations.  They can sustain sucess longer because they manage the draft better and they coach and develop the players they draft more effectively.

As for the Chargers getting Jameson Williams, that, too, would be absolutely sick. That accumulation of offensive skill position talent would create the kind of matchup advantages that make for Super Bowl contenders. I remember a while back, I made a post talking about the power of at least two dominant players at a position. Specifically, I mentioned when the Jaguars were at their best, they could offer at least two great (or at least good) players at multiple positions. In the early days of the franchise, we had Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell at WR and Tony Boselli and Leon Searcy at the T positions. In the JDR era, the team had Freddy T and MJD at RB and Stroud and Henderson at DT, and we were able to dominate the ground game on both sides of the ball, and we were able to have a stretch of 4 straight years of .500 or better, including two playoff berths. In 2017, we had two good pass rushers in Calais Campbell and Yannick Ngakoue, two very athletic LBs in Telvin Smith and Jack, and two great/good CBs in Ramsey and Bouye to form a dominant defense. The Chiefs and Chargers accumulating that talent on one side of the ball or at one position is what would make then contenders year in and year out.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-01-2022, 08:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I haven't though about McBride to KC but that makes a ton a sense for the reasons you said.  KC and Tampa makes a lot of sense and if McBride is there at the end of the 2nd I don't think he would make it past either.

2.  The Chiefs taking McBride would be perfectly in line with Reid's personnel philosophy.  Like Pederson, Reid has placed a big emphasis on the TE position.  He has had numerous pro bowlers at the position over the years in Philly and KC.
As much as I like McBride and Williams they would be replacing 2 HOFs.  I'm banking they won't make the impact like Kelce and Hill

I almost flagged this post just because you deserve a warning for speaking it into existence.

Wink

I see the Chargers get Jamo all the time now it's disgusting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2022, 02:43 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-01-2022, 11:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 09:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote: A couple of additional points on this matter:

As much as I like McBride and Williams they would be replacing 2 HOFs.  I'm banking they won't make the impact like Kelce and Hill

Certainly that's the safe bet.  The chances a team could have successive HOFs at two different positions are microscopic.

That said, both are very gifted at their positions and offer similar strengths.  If one is a mere pro bowleer and one is merely good, Mahomes still benefits and allows him, to a lesser extent, to play the type of ball that marked the first part of his career.

(04-01-2022, 12:35 PM)Mikey Wrote:

I almost flagged this post just because you deserve a warning for speaking it into existence.

Wink
I haven't spoken it into existence yet, though the thought of that transpiring is a scary one.

If I wanted to speak something into existence, I would say this year will not only be the best draft in Jaguars' history, but  best single draft in NFL history, produce 7 Hall of Famers for the Jaguars and propel us to 5 straight Super Bowl championships in the next5 years, beginning in 2022.

In fact...yeah...I am speaking and typing this into existence.

There I said it!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-01-2022, 02:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 11:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: As much as I like McBride and Williams they would be replacing 2 HOFs.  I'm banking they won't make the impact like Kelce and Hill

Certainly that's the safe bet.  The chances a team could have successive HOFs at two different positions are microscopic.

That said, both are very gifted at their positions and offer similar strengths.  If one is a mere pro bowleer and one is merely good, Mahomes still benefits and allows him, to a lesser extent, to play the type of ball that marked the first part of his career.

(04-01-2022, 12:35 PM)Mikey Wrote: I almost flagged this post just because you deserve a warning for speaking it into existence.

Wink
I haven't spoken it into existence yet, though the thought of that transpiring is a scary one.

If I wanted to speak something into existence, I would say this year will not only be the best draft in Jaguars' history, but  best single draft in NFL history, produce 7 Hall of Famers for the Jaguars and propel us to 5 straight Super Bowl championships in the next5 years, beginning in 2022.

In fact...yeah...I am speaking and typing this into existence.

There I said it!

Oh Lordy, you really don't grasp the concept of that guy named Murphy do you? He always works contrary to your wishes about your own team.  Cry  Laughing