Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We should draft Jahan Dotson with pick 33..

Pair him opposite Christian Kirk with Marvin Jones inside.. would add a whole new element to this offense..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-29-2022, 09:23 PM)chris hill Wrote: Pair him opposite Christian Kirk with Marvin Jones inside.. would add a whole new element to this offense..

Obviously you need to see who else is there, but yes, I would be hard pressed to pass up on Dotson if he was available at #33.

(03-29-2022, 09:23 PM)chris hill Wrote: Pair him opposite Christian Kirk with Marvin Jones inside.. would add a whole new element to this offense..

Kirk ain't going outside and Jones isn't going inside i don't think..... Gimme Jameson Williams.

(03-29-2022, 11:00 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:

Kirk ain't going outside and Jones isn't going inside i don't think..... Gimme Jameson Williams.

I think we would all love that, but I see him creeping up in many mock drafts -- even going as high as 12.

Would take a decent amount of capital to go up that high to get him.

Christian Kirk is the primary slot receiver for the Jags now, and that probably won't change unless they unload his contract. 

Occasionally bouncing out to the Z position is probably the most displacement Kirk should be getting. 

Dotson does have the skill to play the Z position in the NFL IMO, but he'll probably need a bit of conditioning to play there vs press coverage on the NFL level. 

While I would not be upset if the Jags select Dotson, what they really need is an X receiver with length and strength who can play against boundary technique in man coverage against #1 or #2 CBs in the NFL. 

(03-29-2022, 11:41 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 11:00 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: Kirk ain't going outside and Jones isn't going inside i don't think..... Gimme Jameson Williams.

I think we would all love that, but I see him creeping up in many mock drafts -- even going as high as 12.

And I would do it in a second.

I said this a while back but if the Jags walk away with Hutch and Jamo, the rest of the draft is irrelevant to me. They would secure a #1 pass rusher and #1 WR in the same draft who would be cornerstones for this franchise moving forward.

(03-30-2022, 08:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 11:41 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I think we would all love that, but I see him creeping up in many mock drafts -- even going as high as 12.

And I would do it in a second.

I said this a while back but if the Jags walk away with Hutch and Jamo, the rest of the draft is irrelevant to me. They would secure a #1 pass rusher and #1 WR in the same draft who would be cornerstones for this franchise moving forward.

That would be ideal, but will Baalke be willing to trade up that far to get Jameson Williams? It'll cost a lot. I personally don't care what it cost if he gets it done, but I'd rather keep our 2023 first round pick.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 09:47 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-30-2022, 09:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 08:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And I would do it in a second.

That would be ideal, but will Baalke be willing to trade up that far to get Jameson Williams? It'll cost a lot. I personally don't care what it cost if he gets it done, but I'd rather keep our 2023 first round pick.

I hat this line of thinking.  It's almost a guarantee there will be a Pro Bowl level type players at 33 and some really good players at the top of 3 not to mention the high picks we would give up for next year's draft. If he's good he will be able to stay at 33 and hit on that pick.  If Williams doesn't turn out to be a true number 1 we just set ourselves back that much further with all the picks we traded away.

(03-29-2022, 11:41 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 11:00 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: Kirk ain't going outside and Jones isn't going inside i don't think..... Gimme Jameson Williams.

Yeah, we definitely don't need to move up that far.  There will be a stud or 2 that falls to 33 and we need to take that player.  I honestly think that first pick in the 3rd is where we need to move up from if we can go up and get a guy like McBride who I think Doug would love

(03-30-2022, 09:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 09:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be ideal, but will Baalke be willing to trade up that far to get Jameson Williams? It'll cost a lot. I personally don't care what it cost if he gets it done, but I'd rather keep our 2023 first round pick.

I hat this line of thinking.  It's almost a guarantee there will be a Pro Bowl level type players at 33 and some really good players at the top of 3 not to mention the high picks we would give up for next year's draft. If he's good he will be able to stay at 33 and hit on that pick.  If Williams doesn't turn out to be a true number 1 we just set ourselves back that much further with all the picks we traded away.
Can you let me know which player is guaranteed to be a pro bowl player?

(03-30-2022, 09:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 09:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I hat this line of thinking.  It's almost a guarantee there will be a Pro Bowl level type players at 33 and some really good players at the top of 3 not to mention the high picks we would give up for next year's draft. If he's good he will be able to stay at 33 and hit on that pick.  If Williams doesn't turn out to be a true number 1 we just set ourselves back that much further with all the picks we traded away.
Can you let me know which player is guaranteed to be a pro bowl player?
It happens every year players fall to the 2nd

(03-30-2022, 09:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 09:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Can you let me know which player is guaranteed to be a pro bowl player?
It happens every year players fall to the 2nd
But you would still have to hit on that pick and there's a higher likelihood that Jamo turns into an elite WR than any player at 33 turns into a pro bowl one.

The Jags have 12 picks in this draft and they need to package some of those to move up and take Jamo/Olave/London. Jamo is the only one  I think has a chance to be available in the 20s.

I'm not sure what it would take to move up to 19 (Eagles) or 20 (Steelers) but I want to leap frog NE. GB, and KC.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 10:11 AM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dotson is too redundant with Kirk's skill set to take. If we had gone Arob or kept Chark instead of preferring Kirk then Dotson (or Skyy) would have been excellent picks at 33.

Also, with the Packers and Chiefs suddenly becoming extremely likely WR spots late in the 1st it isn't looking all that likely that Dotson will be there at 33.

(03-30-2022, 10:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 09:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It happens every year players fall to the 2nd
But you would still have to hit on that pick and there's a higher likelihood that Jamo turns into an elite WR than any player at 33 turns into a pro bowl one.

The Jags have 12 picks in this draft and they need to package some of those to move up and take Jamo/Olave/London. Jamo is the only one  I think has a chance to be available in the 20s.

I'm not sure what it would take to move up to 19 (Eagles) or 20 (Steelers) but I want to leap frog NE. GB, and KC.
I'm not so sure he's a much higher likely hood of being an elite WR than any player at 33 that could turn into a Pro Bowler.  Williams would like be asked to do something here that he wasn't really asked to do at Alabama, and that's play on the outside.  The thing is if you miss at 33 you still have those other high picks you would of gave up to get Williams, if you miss on Williams who is also coming off a major injury it could set this franchise back along with Trevor for many more years.  I'm good with trading up a few spot but to trade up to 20 hell no because it would likely  be next year's first and some other picks as well.

(03-30-2022, 09:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 08:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And I would do it in a second.

I think such a move would require minimally next year's 1st round pick.

Back in 2017, there were two lesser but somewhat comparable moves up

To move from 25 to 12 (13 spots), the Texans gave up their 2018 first round pick.  FYI, the Texans chose QB Deshaun Watson.

Meanwhile, Kansas City moved from 27th to 10th 17 slots), they gave up a 2017 3rd round pick (91st overall) and a 2018 first round pick.  BTW, the Chiefs took Mahomes.

Here, the Jaguars would be moving from 33-the first pick of the 2nd round, all the way up to 12.  That is a total of 21 picks where Minnesota would move out of the 1st round altogether.

Unless the Vikings are complete dupes, it'll cost at least our 2nd round pick, our 3rd round pick, and next year's 1srt round pick.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-30-2022, 04:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 09:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be ideal, but will Baalke be willing to trade up that far to get Jameson Williams? It'll cost a lot. I personally don't care what it cost if he gets it done, but I'd rather keep our 2023 first round pick.

I think such a move would require minimally next year's 1st round pick.

To move from 25 to 12 (13 spots), the Texans gave up their 2018 first round pick.  FYI, the Texans chose QB Deshaun Watson.

Meanwhile, Kansas City moved from 27th to 10th 17 slots), they gave up a 2017 3rd round pick (91st overall) and a 2018 first round pick.  BTW, the Chiefs took Mahomes.

Here, the Jaguars would be moving from 33-the first pick of the 2nd round, all the way up to 12.  That is a total of 21 picks where Minnesota would move out of the 1st round altogether.

Unless the Vikings are complete dupes, it'll cost at least our 2nd round pick, our 3rd round pick, and next year's 1srt round pick.

I'm all for moving up to get one of the op WRs or maybe even Linderbaum, but not that far up.

(03-30-2022, 04:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 04:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I think such a move would require minimally next year's 1st round pick.

I'm all for moving up to get one of the op WRs or maybe even Linderbaum, but not that far up.

I'm getting a feeling that even if a guy like Dotson is there for us at 33, if a guy like Zion or Linderbaum is there at 33, they draft them over a WR.

(03-30-2022, 06:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 04:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm all for moving up to get one of the op WRs or maybe even Linderbaum, but not that far up.

I'm getting a feeling that even if a guy like Dotson is there for us at 33, if a guy like Zion or Linderbaum is there at 33, they draft them over a WR.

I still like Dotson but my only concern is his size. I could see us going zion as well and it would be a nice upgrade at LG

(03-30-2022, 06:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 04:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm all for moving up to get one of the op WRs or maybe even Linderbaum, but not that far up.

How much in play do you think McBride is in at 33 ?

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 08:16 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-30-2022, 08:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 06:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm getting a feeling that even if a guy like Dotson is there for us at 33, if a guy like Zion or Linderbaum is there at 33, they draft them over a WR.
How much in play do you think McBride is in at 33 ?

I think a decent shot, though I could see the Jaguars trading back from 33 under the right circumstances and then taking McBride later in the round.

(03-30-2022, 07:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 06:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm getting a feeling that even if a guy like Dotson is there for us at 33, if a guy like Zion or Linderbaum is there at 33, they draft them over a WR.

I still like Dotson but my only concern is his size. I could see us going zion as well and it would be a nice upgrade at LG

I really like Dotson.  I didn't see it before, but in terms of his play style, he kinda reminds me of former Washington (and USFL Jacksonville Bulls) WR Gary Clark.

If we took him at 33, I don't think I'd be upset with that.

My concern is it would create a glut at slot WR and there would be little diversity of size in the WR group.  From that perspective, that might be a basis for being displeased with the pick, but he's a good player overall.

(03-30-2022, 08:11 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 08:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How much in play do you think McBride is in at 33 ?

I think a decent shot, though I could see the Jaguars trading back from 33 under the right circumstances and then taking McBride later in the round.

(03-30-2022, 07:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I still like Dotson but my only concern is his size. I could see us going zion as well and it would be a nice upgrade at LG

I really like Dotson.  I didn't see it before, but in terms of his play style, he kinda reminds me of former Washington (and USFL Jacksonville Bulls) WR Gary Clark.

If we took him at 33, I don't think I'd be upset with that.

My concern is it would create a glut at slot WR and there would be little diversity of size in the WR group.  From that perspective, that might be a basis for being displeased with the pick, but he's a good player overall.

Yeah, it would be a great pick if we got A Rob instead of Kirk.  I think the Bucs could be in play for McBride if Gronk don't come back