Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium Renovation Talk 2023

(05-16-2024, 09:44 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 11:13 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Actually I believe our negotiators did well. I hate we lose the 2027 season but can live with it. I am interested to understand the impact on the Florida-Georgia game. It adds about #180-200,000 to our community. That is a cost. 

ps. The impact on the Police nd fire department retirement is over blown. They portion of the tax they were suppose to get will be delayed 4 years is all. Curiously by doing that it places the start date where it was originally...lol

I totally agree and also think Shad Khan was extremely fair, which shows his commitment to Jacksonville.  He could have easily done what others NFL Owners have done in the past and demanded the City pay, drag out negotiations, reek havoc in an extended dispute, then threaten to (and ultimately) leave town.  People always look to London as the alternative but there are many other growing or developed cities in the US that would be strong candidates for an NFL team (1. San Diego, 2. San Antonio with Austin nearby, 3. Salt Lake City who just got an NHL team, 4. St. Louis where Shad came from, 5. OKC which has a stong NBA following)

(05-16-2024, 09:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The $ impact of current config doesn't matter in the big picture.

If the city doesn't negotiate a new lease that includes a "new" stadium - the team is gone. 

Whatever the stadium and team did for the city in the past won't matter if the team is gone.

Not sure I follow.  The new Renovation deal includes a Lease Renewal of 30 years.  Are you saying that if we don't get a new stadium in 2054, the team will then depart Jacksonville?   Heck, I'll likely be gone by then too Sad

The current negotiation

If we don't get an agreement done now - the team will find greener pastures 

In context of my discussion with Sneakers this means prior financial impact of the stadium and team mean very little compared to the alternative which is losing the franchise and watching an antiquated stadium fall into obsolescence.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-16-2024, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 09:44 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I totally agree and also think Shad Khan was extremely fair, which shows his commitment to Jacksonville.  He could have easily done what others NFL Owners have done in the past and demanded the City pay, drag out negotiations, reek havoc in an extended dispute, then threaten to (and ultimately) leave town.  People always look to London as the alternative but there are many other growing or developed cities in the US that would be strong candidates for an NFL team (1. San Diego, 2. San Antonio with Austin nearby, 3. Salt Lake City who just got an NHL team, 4. St. Louis where Shad came from, 5. OKC which has a stong NBA following)

Not sure I follow.  The new Renovation deal includes a Lease Renewal of 30 years.  Are you saying that if we don't get a new stadium in 2054, the team will then depart Jacksonville?   Heck, I'll likely be gone by then too Sad

The current negotiation

In context of my discussion with Sneakers this means prior financial impact of the stadium and team mean very little compared to the alternative which is losing the franchise and watching an antiquated stadium fall into obsolescence.

Ok, when you stated  "If the city doesn't negotiate a new lease that includes a "new" stadium - the team is gone", that was kind of alarming considering nobody is talking about a new stadium, but rather a new stadium deal consisting of renovations....

Help me out are we getting shade in the upper decks with this renovation?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Which is more unbearable, EverBank in September, or Lambeau in December?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-16-2024, 09:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Which is more unbearable, EverBank in September, or Lambeau in December?

People will say you can always put on more clothes but there's only so much you can take off..

But for me hot weather is just part of being Floridian.

Imagine playing in it and you'll feel way better in your seat doing [BLEEP] all.

(05-16-2024, 09:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Which is more unbearable, EverBank in September, or Lambeau in December?

I don't have any issue with the heat. My seat is up against the concourse wall in the end zone lower bowl. Gets shade if I sit down. Cold however can be an issue. 

That reminds me we had a "unique" packer fan wanting to know when we got a deal on the stadium.  I have been to lambeau and if ours is like pictured it will make his appear to be a doghouse.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-16-2024, 08:40 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Help me out are we getting shade in the upper decks with this renovation?

Yes 

Shade everywhere + increased ventilation and more climate controlled areas

(05-16-2024, 07:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The current negotiation

Ok, when you stated  "If the city doesn't negotiate a new lease that includes a "new" stadium - the team is gone", that was kind of alarming considering nobody is talking about a new stadium, but rather a new stadium deal consisting of renovations....

Sorry, many are referring to it as new because of the extensive nature of the renovation. 
I meant this current renovation - not another down the road.

I sure hope the plans for the stadium pan out. We see, and hear, the utter disappointment that is Daily’s Place. 

Your NEW Jaguars stadium!

[Image: General-Steel-Building-Warranties-300x213.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 10:58 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-17-2024, 09:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I sure hope the plans for the stadium pan out. We see, and hear, the utter disappointment that is Daily’s Place. 

Hey man, that facility was only valued at $25,000 in 1993 and then the Jags moved in to town and now it's listed on Zillow at $1.2 million.

(05-17-2024, 10:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-17-2024, 09:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I sure hope the plans for the stadium pan out. We see, and hear, the utter disappointment that is Daily’s Place. 

Hey man, that facility was only valued at $25,000 in 1993 and then the Jags moved in to town and now it's listed on Zillow at $1.2 million.

They can take out an equity loan and build a lazy river. It’ll be a shallow dirt ditch, but still…

(05-17-2024, 09:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 08:40 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Help me out are we getting shade in the upper decks with this renovation?

Yes 

Shade everywhere + increased ventilation and more climate controlled areas

(05-16-2024, 07:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Ok, when you stated  "If the city doesn't negotiate a new lease that includes a "new" stadium - the team is gone", that was kind of alarming considering nobody is talking about a new stadium, but rather a new stadium deal consisting of renovations....

Sorry, many are referring to it as new because of the extensive nature of the renovation. 
I meant this current renovation - not another down the road.

Thank God I’ll take whatever they want just give me shade in the upper decks
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(05-17-2024, 11:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-17-2024, 10:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Hey man, that facility was only valued at $25,000 in 1993 and then the Jags moved in to town and now it's listed on Zillow at $1.2 million.

They can take out an equity loan and build a lazy river. It’ll be a shallow dirt ditch, but still…

Lazy Rivers and Stadium Pools are going out of style.  I heard the renovation plan includes transitioning Lot J into a transgender nude beach and that house/shed will serve as a Safe Space for those fans that feel threatened by opposing fans.

(05-17-2024, 12:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-17-2024, 11:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: They can take out an equity loan and build a lazy river. It’ll be a shallow dirt ditch, but still…

Lazy Rivers and Stadium Pools are going out of style.  I heard the renovation plan includes transitioning Lot J into a transgender nude beach and that house/shed will serve as a Safe Space for those fans that feel threatened by opposing fans.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!