Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
10th Annual TWITAFCS - Week 1

Ravens

titttians

Jags

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

tacks
Ravens
Jags

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2023, 02:29 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

All games listed below are on Sunday (9/10/2023), so please get your picks in before then.

Game 1: Saints
Game 2: Ravens
Game 3: Colts

bleh.. the NFL world is set asunder in the first week as the Clots are alone at 1-0.

0-0

Saints
Ravens
Jaguars
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-07-2023, 12:28 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 08:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I thought the same, but tacks/saints is such a toss up I went with the home team.

Yeah I just leaned toward a bit more continuity in the tacks. Thinking Saints might be good but slow to start

Biggest knock on the Aints is that Dennis Allen is not the type of coach that inspires confidence in anything.

Tacks
Ravens
Jags
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I'll go tacks texans colts and take the bullet to make sure nothing weird happens. You're all welcome.

Saints
Ravens
Jaguars

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2023, 03:15 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

(09-09-2023, 08:57 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'll go tacks texans colts and take the bullet to make sure nothing weird happens. You're all welcome.

My thoughts exactly.  Hey, there are a lot of delusional people out there that think the Clots are going to get the W.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2023, 09:18 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Jags
Titians
Ravens

Like everybody elese.

(09-06-2023, 08:25 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 06:46 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: Time flies.  Literally.

This marks the beginning of the 10th Season of Bullseye's legendary "This Week in the AFC South" series.  Thanks to Bullseye's motivation, this pleasant annual offering since 2014 has helped many on this board find added enjoyment in football and has also kept people interested in football while suffering through numerous abysmal Jaguar seasons.  If you haven't participated before, then welcome!  If you have participated in the past, then welcome back!

Since this is the 10th season, I'd like to take some time to recognize the previous winners of this event.  Below are the past winners/records:

1st Season (2014):   COLTSWARRIORS  (39-13)
2nd Season (2015):   COLTSWARRIORS, JAGHERD  (30-19)
3rd Season (2016):   COLTSWARRIORS  (35-17)
4th Season (2017):   UNF_NASHVILLIAN  (39-13)
5th Season (2018):   SELDOMRITE  (32-18)
6th Season (2019):   KODIAKJAG  (34-18)
7th Season (2020):   BULLSEYE  (39-13)
8th Season (2021):   BULLSEYE, RICO, UNF_NASHVILLIAN  (39-17)
9th Season (2022):   RICO  (41-14-1)
10th Season (2023):   ??

The 2023 season finds the Jaguars in the unusual position of being largely expected to win the AFC South division.  Jaguars starting quarterback Trevor Lawrence was the beneficiary of a significant upgrade in the coaching ranks last season, and appears ready to put up some great numbers this year.  Two other divisional contenders (Colts & Texans) will be starting rookie quarterbacks.  The Titans appear to be ready to roll with Tannehill for another season, banking on another strong running performance from Derrick Henry.  In spite of the expansion of the playoff format the AFCS is expected to yield a single playoff berth.  I will make my picks later in this thread.  Good luck to all who choose to participate!  All games listed below are on Sunday (9/10/2023), so please get your picks in before then.

Game 1:  Titans at Saints
Game 2:  Texans at Ravens
Game 3:  Jaguars at Colts

Dang, son. You trying to make Bullseye jealous?

Nice work digging up the history of TWITAFCS. That's stuff I never knew

Carrying over picks from the snowy thread:

Mikesez: Jags / Ravens / tacks
snowy: Ravans / tacks / Jags
Duke: Jags / Ravens / Aints
Handsome Rob: Jags / tacks / Ravens

If you all decide to alter your picks, be sure to post here before Sunday afternoon. Best of luck to those who pick the same teams I do!!
Thanks Mikey, didnt see this.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Posting picks for Shayle2010 (brother in NC who is awaiting admin concurrence for his account):

Ravens
Jaguars
Saints
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(09-07-2023, 10:03 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Ravens

titttians

Jags

2-1 this week.  2-1 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-06-2023, 06:59 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Jags 
Ravens 
Saints 

0-0

3-0

(09-06-2023, 08:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Week 1:
Jaguars over clots
Saints over tacks
Ravens over tinhorns

3-0.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-09-2023, 01:24 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Saints
Ravens
Jaguars

3-0

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-06-2023, 08:40 AM)Mikey Wrote: Mikey's uninformed choices:

0-0 to start the season, simultaneously tied for first place with everyone on the board and also tied for last as well.

Duval 31 indynoplace (H) 13 - The defense gets a few turnovers at Richardson's expense. If the team jumps to an early lead, it might be more than a few. Don't get caught looking ahead, boys.

FORMER BROWNS 23 tinhorns 17 - Can Demeco Ryans get his defense to keep the game close? I think so.  Can he pull off the upset? Not yet.

AINTS 28 tacks 23 - Derek Carr starts a new era in Nawlins. I don't think the tacks have the pass D to keep him under wraps. How long can Henry keep up as the bell cow?

Ignorance is bliss, if not for the fumble recovery dang near called the score, even.

3-0, Now that I've seen some of the tacks and horns though I imagine I'll start screwing up the perfect record.

I'm 2-1 due to the Saints/tacks game, but they were robbed. I know that means nothing for this and that it's also a win for the Jags that they were, so we'll take it.

3-0 baybeeee