Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 kickoff Chiefs vs lions

(09-08-2023, 04:09 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Whoever said we are way better than detroit musta forgot they blew us out last year whilst we kept it close with kc twice.

Our offense should be way better this year than what we just saw from Detroit last night.  They didn't win that game as much as KC Toney handed it to them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Toney and Skyy Moore were horrible in that game.

Passing game as a whole for the Chiefs looked off in the 2nd half. Credit to the Lions. Not sure Mahomes has ever lost 2 straight games and if he has, it’s maybe once. They’ll have 10 days to get healthy and get right.

Go Jags

(09-08-2023, 07:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Toney and Skyy Moore were horrible in that game.

Passing game as a whole for the Chiefs looked off in the 2nd half. Credit to the Lions.  Not sure Mahomes has ever lost 2 straight games and if he has, it’s maybe once. They’ll have 10 days to get healthy and get right.

Go Jags

If Kelce is playing it's a whole different offense. We'll be in trouble either way. I don't think we're going to win this game on defense. Even with the Chiefs putting up 20 points last night they had a ton of miscues and drops. Including the pick six because of Toney. 

We're going to need to get through our first game this Sunday but the key for me personally is just scoring like crazy on offense, running the clock out late with a 10+ point lead and playing mistake free everywhere else. Somebody is going to have to make a play on damn near every drive to beat the Chiefs next Sunday.

I just don't want to get into looking ahead as a fan. It's disrespectful. Been guilty of it. Hopefully no stinker is laid up in Indy on Sunday.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2023, 08:46 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-08-2023, 07:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Toney and Skyy Moore were horrible in that game.

Passing game as a whole for the Chiefs looked off in the 2nd half. Credit to the Lions.  Not sure Mahomes has ever lost 2 straight games and if he has, it’s maybe once. They’ll have 10 days to get healthy and get right.

Go Jags

Moore was one of the 2 guys you wanted us to draft last year, glad we got Lloyd.  Hopefully Lloyd goes on to a great season being he had a full camp.  

Go Jags

(09-08-2023, 08:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Go Jags

If Kelce is playing it's a whole different offense. We'll be in trouble either way. I don't think we're going to win this game on defense. Even with the Chiefs putting up 20 points last night they had a ton of miscues and drops. Including the pick six because of Toney. 

We're going to need to get through our first game this Sunday but the key for me personally is just scoring like crazy on offense, running the clock out late with a 10+ point lead and playing mistake free everywhere else. Somebody is going to have to make a play on damn near every drive to beat the Chiefs next Sunday.

I just don't want to get into looking ahead as a fan. It's disrespectful. Been guilty of it. Hopefully no stinker is laid up in Indy on Sunday.

Kelce is going to be tough but if Jones is a huge reason they beat us twice last year.  Nobody on our oline could block him.  If Jones is out it will be huge for us

Missing Kelce last night showed how important he is for Mahomes though. Will be interesting to see how he heals. Lions had a lot of miscues just like the Chiefs did. One being the fumble inside the 10

All Mahomes did last night is just dealt with what Lawrence has the last 2 seasons. Jags led the league in drops the last 2 years.

(09-08-2023, 08:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Go Jags

Moore was one of the 2 guys you wanted us to draft last year, glad we got Lloyd.  Hopefully Lloyd goes on to a great season being he had a full camp.  

Go Jags

(09-08-2023, 08:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: If Kelce is playing it's a whole different offense. We'll be in trouble either way. I don't think we're going to win this game on defense. Even with the Chiefs putting up 20 points last night they had a ton of miscues and drops. Including the pick six because of Toney. 

Kelce is going to be tough but if Jones is a huge reason they beat us twice last year.  Nobody on our oline could block him.  If Jones is out it will be huge for us

Missing Kelce last night showed how important he is for Mahomes though.  Will be interesting to see how he heals. Lions had a lot of miscues just like the Chiefs did.  One being the fumble inside the 10

Yeah. They traded off and had some washing out in the miscues department for sure. I am surprised Andy didn't go for it on a few 4th downs. Same with Dan Campbell. 

This is where I start to like our coach just a little bit more. Pederson is not shy from gambling on 4th down. I think we're going to see that more often than not this year. Especially in the "big five" contests between the Chiefs, Bills, 49ers, Bengals and Ravens. Those are all play-off caliber teams with play-off level atmospheres.

The offensive line should count it's blessings if Jones is out again for week two. I know I will.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-08-2023, 04:09 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Whoever said we are way better than detroit musta forgot they blew us out last year whilst we kept it close with kc twice.

LOL you remember this was the week that we all collectively had the nauseating fear that TLaw mighta been hurt bad?

He was out half the game, and news flash, CJB ain't a carbon copy of our franchise QB. No wonder we struggled to compete.

The loins are a decent team. They played the chefs close....WITHOUT THEIR BEST WEAPON. We played them  close at full strength in the postseason. Had they not had Kelce for that game, I imagine we would not have been eliminated from the postseason that game.

I fully expect if we played the loins last night it would have been just as closely contested.

We may not be WAY better, but we most certainly are further along than they are. For one thing, they won't go anywhere with Goff. We'll see if they sustain this, but I have a feeling if Kelce were they they lose by at least 2 scores.

(09-08-2023, 08:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: All Mahomes did last night is just dealt with what Lawrence has the last 2 seasons.  Jags led the league in drops the last 2 years.

Put Kelce in and Mahomes doesn't throw half the passes he did to players that drop them.

Mahomes and Reid better find a fountain of youth to keep their TE going, because I think they live or die on his presence in the games.

All Mahomes did last night was get Kelce's agent salivating. If he wants another extension, all he's got to do is put this game's stat sheet on the table and name his price.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2023, 11:32 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-08-2023, 09:45 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 08:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: All Mahomes did last night is just dealt with what Lawrence has the last 2 seasons.  Jags led the league in drops the last 2 years.

Put Kelce in and Mahomes doesn't throw half the passes he did to players that drop them.

Mahomes and Reid better find a fountain of youth to keep their TE going, because I think they live or die on his presence in the games.

All Mahomes did last night was get Kelce's agent salivating. If he wants another extension, all he's got to do is put this game's stat sheet on the table and name his price.

Agreed, Lawrence doesnt have the best TE of All Time either.  KC does have 2 WRs they just drafted in the 2nd round though.  So glad we finally have some weapons on offense though.  Can't wait for Sunday.  I say Ridley goes for over 100 yards and a TD.  Etieene will also go over 100 yards and a TD

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/stat...X0Nsw&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/4-c...68e6&ei=11