Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Wish List

(04-20-2024, 01:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 11:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Trusting Baalke to improve the line when he’s the one who got us this garbage line in the first place…..

When I listened to Baalke's presser and the number of times he harped on getting bigger and stronger in the trenches, I'm nearly 100% convinced he is unhappy drafting the "finesse guys" that Doug has mandated him to place on that OL. (interior especially) I think he wants to draft guys that can move DTs - not dance around them in an overly-elaborate zone blocking scheme. 

I'm inclined to put the OL rostering issues equally on the shoulders of the HC and GM. Ido not excuse Doug and his scheme - or his desired traits- from this problem. 

I think if Doug ran more Gap and didn't ask for these super "athletic" linemen we'd have seen the Jags not pass on guys like Torrence and Dawand Jones. 

Yes, there is a lot of speculation in this little theory, but the way Doug harps on athleticism in his linemen and the way Trent had never seemed enthused by any of their OL moves except Anton Harrison, coupled with both HC and GM making comments about rethinking the complexity of their run blocking scheme - all of this has me pretty convinced this is how it went down. 

They got too cute and it bit them in the [BLEEP].
Interesting speculation and very plausible.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2024, 01:25 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

How would yall feel about Patrick Paul at 48? Dude is almost 6'8 at 331 lbs. I dont remember watching any Houston games so I dont really have an opinion on him. Anyone watched some Houston games on here or have been watching Paul these last few years. He has a 9.8 ras and i love his size but I dont know enough about him to really form an opinion on him? Anyone?

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2024, 01:04 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-21-2024, 12:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How would yall feel about Patrick Paul at 48?  Dude is almost 6'8 at 331 lbs.  I dont remember watching any Houston games so I dont really have an opinion on him.  Anyone watched some Houston games on here or have been watched Paul these last few years.  He has a 9.8 ras and i love his size but I dont know enough about him to really form an opinion on him?  Anyone?

I just watched at a short highlight vid of his.  He doesn't move like any good Tackle I've seen before.  He handled his business, but I don't think the competition in his highlight reel was NFL caliber.  I feel like a top 15 or 20 NFL DE/Edge would abuse him off the little bit I watched but I understand watching 2 minutes of some guy playing might lead to some unfair and ill-informed evaluations such as mine..  I would say no at 48 based on that and based on a number of other guys that should be there at that pick.  RAS is a small part of the equation, the biggest part is the eye test for me.  What do you think after having watched him?

(04-21-2024, 12:52 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 12:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How would yall feel about Patrick Paul at 48?  Dude is almost 6'8 at 331 lbs.  I dont remember watching any Houston games so I dont really have an opinion on him.  Anyone watched some Houston games on here or have been watched Paul these last few years.  He has a 9.8 ras and i love his size but I dont know enough about him to really form an opinion on him?  Anyone?

I just watched at a short highlight vid of his.  He doesn't move like any good Tackle I've seen before.  He handled his business, but I don't think the competition in his highlight reel was NFL caliber.  I feel like a top 15 or 20 NFL DE/Edge would abuse him off the little bit I watched but I understand watching 2 minutes of some guy playing might lead to some unfair and ill-informed evaluations such as mine..  I would say no at 48 based on that and based on a number of other guys that should be there at that pick.  RAS is a small part of the equation, the biggest part is the eye test for me.  What do you think after having watched him?

I havent watched him, just the few highlights i saw.  I like big tackles and he does have the size though.  I read he gave up no sacks this past year and was a team captain the last couple years.  

Agreed on the ras, its just part of it that I like to look at.  I like to get a player that has the production as well as being a good athlete.

He might be best sitting a year instead of starting day 1 which if he did come here he could do unless injuries forced him into action.  I dont think I would take him at 48 because i still think there will be some very good players there but if he fell to the 3rd Baalke might want to consider it.   Not sure if he makes it to the 3rd with his size, experience and athleticism though

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2024, 09:46 PM by rpr52121. Edited 1 time in total.)

Any chance the Jags could do something like this:

#17, #114, #236 for #20, #84?

(04-21-2024, 09:38 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Any chance the Jags could do something like this:

I'm not giving them extra picks to move down. #17 is worth # 20 and a 3rd rounder all by itself.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2024, 11:18 PM by rpr52121. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-21-2024, 10:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 09:38 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Any chance the Jags could do something like this:

I'm not giving them extra picks to move down. #17 is worth # 20 and a 3rd rounder all by itself.

I mean maybe you ask Pitt for #98 for the trade down instead, (17 + 236 for 20 + 98) does that work for you? I just don't think they do that.

(04-21-2024, 10:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

The difference between 17 (950 points) and pick # 20 (850 points)  roughly 100 points.

You are correct - #17 to Pittsburgh in exchange we get #20 and their 3rd round comp #98 (108 points) I can't see them swapping their 3rd round #84 as it is worth 170 points. 

I would rather send #17 and our 3rd round #96 to Pittsburgh for their #20, 3rd round #84 and their 4th round #119. That would give us 3 4th rounders as we already own #114 & #116. Unlike the 6th and 7th rounders we accumulated last year these 4th rounders are a lot more trade-able. (#114, 116, 119)  Might be able to do something with those.

Either way we will get a good player at #17 or #20.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 12:22 AM by StrayaJag.)

(04-21-2024, 12:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How would yall feel about Patrick Paul at 48?  Dude is almost 6'8 at 331 lbs.  I dont remember watching any Houston games so I dont really have an opinion on him.  Anyone watched some Houston games on here or have been watching Paul these last few years.  He has a 9.8 ras and i love his size but I dont know enough about him to really form an opinion on him?  Anyone?

Luxury project pick imo

Similar to how Eagles snagged jordan maliata a few years ago

(04-21-2024, 11:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 10:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm not giving them extra picks to move down. #17 is worth # 20 and a 3rd rounder all by itself.

The difference between 17 (950 points) and pick # 20 (850 points)  roughly 100 points.

You are correct - #17 to Pittsburgh in exchange we get #20 and their 3rd round comp #98 (108 points) I can't see them swapping their 3rd round #84 as it is worth 170 points. 

I would rather send #17 and our 3rd round #96 to Pittsburgh for their #20, 3rd round #84 and their 4th round #119. That would give us 3 4th rounders as we already own #114 & #116. Unlike the 6th and 7th rounders we accumulated last year these 4th rounders are a lot more trade-able. (#114, 116, 119)  Might be able to do something with those.

Next minute come draft day

With the 17th pick in the 2024 nfl draft, the jacksonville jaguars select Kontavious Dingleberry, RB out of Georgia state

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 02:50 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

we can't predict the draft expect  sometime dureing the draft trent balke, and jags will make the dumbest no need pick sometime dureing the dreaft.  I wouldn't  be one bit surpised if jags took a qb at #17.  

I'm just saying.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 09:19 AM by Mikey.)

(04-19-2024, 09:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:43 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If he's there at 14 you make an offer.  Fair value per the chart would be giving up our 3rd and one of our 4ths to move up the 3 spots.  I'd strongly consider doing that.  If it involves the 2nd rounder, no.

No way I'm trading up in this draft, this roster it just too weak to give up 3 players for 1.

My aggression is in the second - I'd move up for a guy that slips out of the first, especially a big guy. Heck, I might even use some of my 2025 ammo to bolster the trade.

This darft is too deep at positions we legit need to address for us to toss away the bulk of our picks for one dude.

(04-20-2024, 09:05 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 09:52 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: This is a league driven by stars. We do not have enough of them. I think Rome is going to be a star. I'd give up what's needed to have him on my team.

What difference does having a star receiver make if your quarterback is flat on his [BLEEP]?

4 years, 92M deal with another team?

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 09:23 AM by Mikey.)

(04-20-2024, 10:03 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: We can agree to disagree. If we had to give up our 1st and 2nd to move up to move up 7 spots to grab Rome if be all for it. Can still grab an O lineman in the 3rd or 4th and I don't believe corner is that glaring of a need where we need a top 2 pick this year to address it either.

Fortner was a third round pick....

Bartch was a fourth round pick...

caveat emptor

(04-20-2024, 11:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Trusting Baalke to improve the line when he’s the one who got us this garbage line in the first place…..

He got us these WR too, right?

(04-22-2024, 07:36 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we can't predict the draft expect  sometime dureing the draft trent balke, and jags will make the dumbest no need pick sometime dureing the dreaft.  I wouldn'tn't be one bit surpised if jags took a qb at #17.  

I'm just saying.

wait, by adding the double negative (I would not not = wouldn'tn't), now you're saying you would be one bit surpised? Funny how things change in like a week since you last posted this.

(04-22-2024, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 09:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No way I'm trading up in this draft, this roster it just too weak to give up 3 players for 1.

My aggression is in the second - I'd move up for a guy that slips out of the first, especially a big guy. Heck, I might even use some of my 2025 ammo to bolster the trade.

This darft is too deep at positions we legit need to address for us to toss away the bulk of our picks for one dude.

(04-20-2024, 09:05 AM)RicoTx Wrote: What difference does having a star receiver make if your quarterback is flat on his [BLEEP]?

Yeah, what if JPJ is there in the late 20's at the end of the 1st.  As much as I hate dealing future 2nd rounders, I'd consider packaging 48 with next year's 2nd to move back into the late 1st round to get him.  It would likely take next year's 2nd to get that move done and I don't think he would last to a point where we could trade up for cheaper.

(04-22-2024, 09:32 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: My aggression is in the second - I'd move up for a guy that slips out of the first, especially a big guy. Heck, I might even use some of my 2025 ammo to bolster the trade.

Yeah, what if JPJ is there in the late 20's at the end of the 1st.  As much as I hate dealing future 2nd rounders, I'd consider packaging 48 with next year's 2nd to move back into the late 1st round to get him.  It would likely take next year's 2nd to get that move done and I don't think he would last to a point where we could trade up for cheaper.

If the coaches and Baalke believe that JPJ will be a pro-bowl center for several years, I'd make that trade. There's always a risk of injury, but to get a potentially dominant center would be worth it.

(04-22-2024, 07:36 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we can't predict the draft expect  sometime dureing the draft trent balke, and jags will make the dumbest no need pick sometime dureing the dreaft.  I wouldn'tn't be one bit surpised if jags took a qb at #17.  

I'm just saying.

Then you truly are clueless.

I’m just saying.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 10:55 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-21-2024, 12:52 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

(04-22-2024, 12:21 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 12:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How would yall feel about Patrick Paul at 48?  Dude is almost 6'8 at 331 lbs.  I dont remember watching any Houston games so I dont really have an opinion on him.  Anyone watched some Houston games on here or have been watching Paul these last few years.  He has a 9.8 ras and i love his size but I dont know enough about him to really form an opinion on him?  Anyone?

Luxury project pick imo

Similar to how Eagles snagged jordan maliata a few years ago

(04-21-2024, 11:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote: The difference between 17 (950 points) and pick # 20 (850 points)  roughly 100 points.

Next minute come draft day

With the 17th pick in the 2024 nfl draft, the jacksonville jaguars select Kontavious Dingleberry, RB out of Georgia state

(1) Jordan Schultz on X: "Houston OT Patrick Paul is going to come off the board earlier than expected. Proven track record of experience and production: • Gave up the 2nd-fewest Total QB Pressures (9) behind only Joe Alt (5). Was also 2nd in Pass Blocking Efficiency (98.9) behind Alt • Highest Pass https://t.co/CAqw6Wg1cM" / X (twitter.com)

Paul just seems like a Baalke pick to me with the size, the arm length, team captain, high ras, the experience, and the production ect. Even though Baalke doesnt care about production but it might be the icing on the cake. Id be happy with him at 48 if he makes it there.

(04-21-2024, 11:12 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 10:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm not giving them extra picks to move down. #17 is worth # 20 and a 3rd rounder all by itself.

I mean maybe you ask Pitt for #98 for the trade down instead, (17 + 236 for 20 + 98) does that work for you? I just don't think they do that.

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of actually. You have to have a partner, but that would be a good outcome for the Jags who likely could still find Thomas, Jr or a lineman there in the 1st.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

T-minus 3 days