Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Wish List

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 01:49 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thread is pretty simple. List your wish list of players here going into next year's draft that's just around the corner. 

Offensive Guards:
Troy Fautanu
Zak Zinter
Tate Ratledge
Javion Cohen
Matthew Jones

Offensive Centers:
Sedrick Van Pran
Zach Frazier
Matt Lee

Offensive Tackles:
Graham Barton
Tyler Guyton
Jack Nelson

Receivers:
Keon Coleman
Johnny Wilson
Adonai Mitchell
Xavier Worthy
Ladd McConkey
Ricky Pearsall
Brenden Rice
Jimmy Horn Jr.
Ainias Smith

EDGE Rushers:
Jared Verse
J.T Tuimoloau
Chop Robinson
Bralen Trice
Landon Jackson
Jackson Sawyer

Defensive Tackles:
Leonard Taylor III
T'Vondre Sweat
Alfred Collins
Brett Johnson

Safety:
James Williams
Cole Bishop

Corner:
Kalen King
Kamari Lassiter
Cam Hart
Quinyon Mitchell
Tyreek Chappell
Sebastian Castro
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nice list. I believe the pass rush group is one of the deepest and I'd be very happy if the Jaguars could somehow land Chop Robinson, Jared Verse, Chop Robinson, Bralen Trice or J.T. Tuimoloau. Any of these players would add some much-needed pass rush and I wouldn't hesitate to take any one of them at the end of round 1. If all the best pass rushers are gone, I like Graham Barton due to his position versatility. He will most likely move to the interior in the NFL, but he is capable of playing any position on the line. If Scherff is let go, a tandem om Ezra Cleveland and Barton at guard would be solid with Little and Harrison at the tackle spots. The center position will also need to be addressed either via the draft or in free agency unless Fortner improves dramatically.

Fortunately, the team will not have a long list of needs so I'd prioritize the interior line and pass rush.

(11-23-2023, 02:44 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Nice list. I believe the pass rush group is one of the deepest and I'd be very happy if the Jaguars could somehow land Chop Robinson, Jared Verse, Chop Robinson, Bralen Trice or J.T. Tuimoloau. Any of these players would add some much-needed pass rush and I wouldn't hesitate to take any one of them at the end of round 1. If all the best pass rushers are gone, I like Graham Barton due to his position versatility. He will most likely move to the interior in the NFL, but he is capable of playing any position on the line. If Scherff is let go, a tandem om Ezra Cleveland and Barton at guard would be solid with Little and Harrison at the tackle spots. The center position will also need to be addressed either via the draft or in free agency unless Fortner improves dramatically.

Fortunately, the team will not have a long list of needs so I'd prioritize the interior line and pass rush.

Yeah. That's where I am at going into 2024. Interior lineman on offense. Edge rushers on defense. Everywhere else seems at least safe or stacked going into training camp outside of figuring out facts and figures with the current roster. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Ridley and Allen in just a few months. I wouldn't rule out WR being a top priority on their list if a good one drops late on the opening night of the draft as well.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Chop would look nice in a Jags uni.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-24-2023, 09:33 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 02:44 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Nice list. I believe the pass rush group is one of the deepest and I'd be very happy if the Jaguars could somehow land Chop Robinson, Jared Verse, Chop Robinson, Bralen Trice or J.T. Tuimoloau. Any of these players would add some much-needed pass rush and I wouldn't hesitate to take any one of them at the end of round 1. If all the best pass rushers are gone, I like Graham Barton due to his position versatility. He will most likely move to the interior in the NFL, but he is capable of playing any position on the line. If Scherff is let go, a tandem om Ezra Cleveland and Barton at guard would be solid with Little and Harrison at the tackle spots. The center position will also need to be addressed either via the draft or in free agency unless Fortner improves dramatically.

Yeah. That's where I am at going into 2024. Interior lineman on offense. Edge rushers on defense. Everywhere else seems at least safe or stacked going into training camp outside of figuring out facts and figures with the current roster. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Ridley and Allen in just a few months. I wouldn't rule out WR being a top priority on their list if a good one drops late on the opening night of the draft as well.
At this point, I expect the team to sign Ridley and Allen despite the high price tags on each. I'd be surprised if they went for a receiver early in the draft due to the greater needs at Edge and interior offensive line. However, I can't see the team keeping both Zay Jones and Ridley for the long-term due to their salary cap figures (especially Kirk), but both should remain on the team until at least the endof the 2024-25 season.

(11-24-2023, 09:44 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Chop would look nice in a Jags uni.

He might. While I like him as a prospect because he's a potential candidate where we should be picking on the opening night of the draft. It bothers me that he didn't show up on the stat sheet two weeks in a row against Ohio State and Michigan in close losses. It's not like Penn State has a beast of an offense though so it's rare this kid gets a chance to play with his ears pin backed.

Anyone given the idea a thought of trading our 1st round pick?

Everything depends on draft day of course but for the positions we need e.g. OL & IDL the juicy prospects r centered around that late 2nd to 4th rounds.

I'm sure if a team is desperate enough we could pick up a few picks in that area

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 09:17 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-27-2023, 11:33 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Anyone given the idea a thought of trading our 1st round pick?

Everything depends on draft day of course but for the positions we need e.g. OL & IDL the juicy prospects r centered around that late 2nd to 4th rounds.

I'm sure if a team is desperate enough we could pick up a few picks in that area

Yes. If the price is right. I would pull the trigger. Depends on how deep we're picking in RD1 and whether or not we run the risk of missing out on a top Center / Interior lineman or EDGE / Interior Tackle on defense. 

If Leonard Taylor III is there in RD1? I probably sit tight and take him. If he's off the board? I would look to trade into the 30's and look to get an extra 3rd or future early pick in 2025's draft. 

Ideally though, my hope is that it plays out like this:

RD1: Leonard Taylor III - DT - Miami (FL)
RD2: Sedrick Van Pran - C - Georgia

Or, with a trade down:

RD2: Sedrick Van Pran - C - Georgia
RD2: T'Vondre Sweat - DT - Texas
RD3: Donovan Jackson - OG - Ohio St. 
RD3: Nazir Stackhouse - DT - Georga
RD4: Zak Zinter - OG - Michigan

(11-30-2023, 06:03 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWppUnl8yVA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5aOJCxsV-E

I have Landon Jackson listed on my edge rusher's list. He's had a decent year. Got better year-to-year for the Razorbacks. His size is interesting but he'll have to test off the charts at the combine I think to increase his stock. I still like him as a day three pick. Very raw, we'll need some work in my opinion.

As of right now I think we go pass rusher in the first. One of Latu, Verse, Turner, or Newton. If any one of those 3 can make it to our pick or get close to our pick Id love to add another pass rusher. I think in the 2nd and 3rd we can get a good inerior olineman. Any of those 4 pass rushers though would be top on my list. Its December now so its time to start digging more into the draft. Cant wait for the Bowl games and combine as well.

Not trying to sound like a homer, but I'd love to see Braden Fiske as a Jag.. That dude gonna be special..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-03-2023, 04:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Not trying to sound like a homer, but I'd love to see Braden Fiske as a Jag.. That dude gonna be special..

FSU out of the playoffs though.  Lol, at least they got it right

(12-03-2023, 05:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 04:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Not trying to sound like a homer, but I'd love to see Braden Fiske as a Jag.. That dude gonna be special..

FSU out of the playoffs though.  Lol, at least they got it right

So?

What's your point?

(12-03-2023, 05:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 05:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: FSU out of the playoffs though.  Lol, at least they got it right

So?

What's your point?

Yall get a Bowl game that means nothing just like us.  Congrats on the good season though.  Hopefully they put yall against Georgia to see how that game ends up

(12-03-2023, 05:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 05:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So?

What's your point?

Yall get a Bowl game that means nothing just like us.  Congrats on the good season though.  Hopefully they put yall against Georgia to see how that game ends up

Yeah.. You know what?

I'll take The Orange Bowl over No Bowl..

Enjoy watching other teams this Holiday Season!!

(12-03-2023, 04:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: As of right now I think we go pass rusher in the first.  One of Latu, Verse, Turner, or Newton.  If any one of those 3 can make it to our pick or get close to our pick Id love to add another pass rusher.  I think in the 2nd and 3rd we can get a good inerior olineman.  Any of those 4 pass rushers though would be top on my list.  Its December now so its time to start digging more into the draft.  Cant wait for the Bowl games and combine as well.

Yea, due to the solid depth at the D-Line position the Jaguars would be well-served by drafting someone to add to their pass rush. Any of the players you mentioned would be good and I'd add Chop Robinson and Trice as other possible options.

I don't think they need to draft another edge rusher early. They'll have Walker entering his 3rd year on what should be a 5 year plan. Allen, I would imagine, whether we like it or not, he's probably going to command a King's Ransom and land a King's Ransom in Jacksonville. I just can't see this front office letting him go in March.

They really need to be looking at the interior in my opinion. Whether you highly covet a Guard or Center, or some type of utility player that can play inside and swing out to tackle. Or, whether you covet a NT type of interior rusher that can elevate Walker and Allen off the edge, they have to find a mismatch creator on defense.

I think the goal is for them to get stronger in pushing from inside, out. The interior play on both sides is just stagnant at times. Doesn't make enough push when we need it the most. We've lost some opportunities this year because of this blatant issue.

(11-24-2023, 09:33 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

We've seen how important Zay is.   He'll be back next season, but I'd love his air apparent to be someone picked in one of the first two rounds.    I still think an interior offensive lineman should be one of the first two picks.    I think a tall, incredibly fast receiver with good hands could open up a lot for our other receivers and our TE group.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(12-04-2023, 01:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't think they need to draft another edge rusher early. They'll have Walker entering his 3rd year on what should be a 5 year plan. Allen, I would imagine, whether we like it or not, he's probably going to command a King's Ransom and land a King's Ransom in Jacksonville. I just can't see this front office letting him go in March.

They really need to be looking at the interior in my opinion. Whether you highly covet a Guard or Center, or some type of utility player that can play inside and swing out to tackle. Or, whether you covet a NT type of interior rusher that can elevate Walker and Allen off the edge, they have to find a mismatch creator on defense.

I think the goal is for them to get stronger in pushing from inside, out. The interior play on both sides is just stagnant at times. Doesn't make enough push when we need it the most. We've lost some opportunities this year because of this blatant issue.

I also like the idea of finding a big defensive lineman to plug up the middle. T'Vondre Sweat is a guy who would interest me in the 2nd round. His inconsistency and weight would need to be looked at, but he can be a monster when playing well.