Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Wish List

I still really want Bowers but I don't think he will be there. There are 3 guys I really want if we stay at 17, in any order.

1. Q Mitchell
2. Fuaga
3. DeJean

There are other players I would be happy with there like Fautanu, Newton, Thomas Jr., one of the pass rushers etc. One of those 3 though I really hope we get. My top guys at 17

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-23-2024, 07:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I still really want Bowers but I don't think he will be there.  There are 3 guys I really want if we stay at 17, in any order.

1. Q Mitchell
2. Fuaga
3. DeJean

There are other players I would be happy with there like Fautanu, Newton, Thomas Jr., one of the pass rushers etc. One of those 3 though I really hope we get.  My top guys at 17

I've seen a mock where we trade up to 14 to select terrion

I mean I wouldn't be mad about the pick if that happens, just dissapointed

(04-23-2024, 07:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I still really want Bowers but I don't think he will be there.  There are 3 guys I really want if we stay at 17, in any order.

1. Q Mitchell
2. Fuaga
3. DeJean

There are other players I would be happy with there like Fautanu, Newton, Thomas Jr., one of the pass rushers etc. One of those 3 though I really hope we get.  My top guys at 17

I agree about these 4 guys being very good picks at 17. Bowers will never get to pick 17. If he somehow does, however, the Jaguars still will have a tough decision. They will most likely get offers to trade back. I'd pass on these offers and take Bowers since acquiring him takes their offense to another level.

(04-23-2024, 08:44 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:

1. Q Mitchell
2. Fuaga
3. DeJean

I agree about these 4 guys being very good picks at 17. Bowers will never get to pick 17. If he somehow does, however, the Jaguars still will have a tough decision. They will most likely get offers to trade back. I'd pass on these offers and take Bowers since acquiring him takes their offense to another level.

There really hasn't been any link by Bowers to jags as far as I've seen

If they trade up and say it's quinyon , nabers and Bowers on the board, I think they would go with nabers over the 2

(04-23-2024, 08:43 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:

1. Q Mitchell
2. Fuaga
3. DeJean

I would be mad.

At 17, it's narrowed down to the following for me:

1. Taliese Fuaga - OT/OG
2. Quinyon Mitchell - CB
3. Laiatu Latu - EDGE

At 48, it's narrowed down to the following for me:

1. Ricky Pearsall - WR
2. Kris Jenkins - DT
3. Ruke Orhorhoro - DT

At 96, it's narrowed down to the following for me:

1. Khyree Jackson - CB
2. Brandon Coleman - OT/OG
3. DeWayne Carter - DT

At 114, it's narrowed down to the following for me:

1. Javon Baker - WR
2. Javon Foster - OT
3. Mason McCormick - OG

At 116, it's narrowed down to the following for me:

1. Tanor Bortolini - C
2. Jarrian Jones - CB
3. T'Vondre Sweat - NT

At 153, it's narrowed down to the following for me:

1. Gabe Hall - DT/EDGE
2. Zak Zinter - OG
3. Javion Cohen - OG

At 212, it's narrowed down to the following for me:

1. Myles Cole - EDGE
2. Matt Lee - C
3. Tip Reiman - TE

At 236, it's narrowed down to the following for me:

1. Frank Crum - OT
2. Ainias Smith - WR/KR/PR
3. Hayden Hatten - WR
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-23-2024, 08:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 08:43 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: I've seen a mock where we trade up to 14 to select terrion

I would be mad.

I'd like to see the results on the field before I pass final judgement, but my initial reaction would be mild annoyance at trading up for Arnold.  We'd likely be giving up our 3rd and one of our 4ths to do so.  If one of the top 5 or 6 non-QB prospects falls to 14, that's when you trade up to get him imo.  I don't believe Arnold is in that category.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2024, 01:14 PM by jaglou53. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-23-2024, 09:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote: At 17, it's narrowed down to the following for me:

1. Taliese Fuaga - OT/OG
2. Quinyon Mitchell - CB
3. Laiatu Latu - EDGE

1. Ricky Pearsall - WR
2. Kris Jenkins - DT
3. Ruke Orhorhoro - DT

1. Khyree Jackson - CB
3. DeWayne Carter - DT

1. Javon Baker - WR
2. Javon Foster - OT
3. Mason McCormick - OG

1. Tanor Bortolini - C
2. Jarrian Jones - CB
3. T'Vondre Sweat - NT

1. Gabe Hall - DT/EDGE
2. Zak Zinter - OG
3. Javion Cohen - OG

1. Myles Cole - EDGE
2. Matt Lee - C
3. Tip Reiman - TE

1. Frank Crum - OT
3. Hayden Hatten - WR
Nice breakdown for preferences each round. I can't remember a draft in which I'd be happy with so many players in the first round. If the Jaguars took any of these guys I'd be fine with it: This list includes (not in any order):

Fuaga
Fautanu
Verse
Latu
Mitchell
DeJean
Arnold
Murphy
Thomas

All of these guys play a position of immediate need with the possible exception of the offensive linemen, who might not start on day 1 but their talent would soon make them a starter. As far as rounds 2-7, one guy I'd love to have at 48 is Keon Coleman. His lack of great speed could cause him to drop that far behind guys like Worthy, Pearsall and McConkey. His ability to make contested catches at 6'4" would enable him to immediately help Trevor and the offense. While he doesn't get great separation, I believe he plays faster than his 40 times indicate.

Due to the high number of players in this draft who could make a great difference immediately, my preference would be to move back from pick 17 and acquire another 2nd rounder. If they only move back 5 spots or less, they'd likely only get a 3rd, but could use that pick to get back into round 2. I believe any of the combinations of players listed below would be preferable to staying put at 17 or moving up to get Odunze or Nabers.

Rd. 1 pick (via trading back 3-8 spots):

Latu
McKinstry
DeJean
Wiggins
Verse

Rd.2 ( get 2 of these players after trading back once or twice)

O.Line: JPJ, Frazier, Morgan

Receiver: Coleman, Worthy, Pearsall, McConkey

DL: D. Robinson, Kneeland, Jenkins, Fiske, Orhorhoro

Cornerback: Rakestraw, Tampa

Any of these combinations of 3 would exciteme the most and they could add another offensive lineman and cornerback later on.

(04-23-2024, 01:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 09:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote: At 17, it's narrowed down to the following for me:

1. Taliese Fuaga - OT/OG
2. Quinyon Mitchell - CB
3. Laiatu Latu - EDGE

1. Ricky Pearsall - WR
2. Kris Jenkins - DT
3. Ruke Orhorhoro - DT

1. Khyree Jackson - CB
3. DeWayne Carter - DT

1. Javon Baker - WR
2. Javon Foster - OT
3. Mason McCormick - OG

1. Tanor Bortolini - C
2. Jarrian Jones - CB
3. T'Vondre Sweat - NT

1. Gabe Hall - DT/EDGE
2. Zak Zinter - OG
3. Javion Cohen - OG

1. Myles Cole - EDGE
2. Matt Lee - C
3. Tip Reiman - TE

1. Frank Crum - OT
3. Hayden Hatten - WR
Nice breakdown for preferences each round. I can't remember a draft in which I'd be happy with so many players in the first round. If the Jaguars took any of these guys I'd be fine with it: This list includes (not in any order):

Fuaga
Fautanu
Verse
Latu
Mitchell
DeJean
Arnold
Murphy
Thomas

All of these guys play a position of immediate need with the possible exception of the offensive linemen, who might not start on day 1 but their talent would soon make them a starter. As far as rounds 2-7, one guy I'd love to have at 48 is Keon Coleman. His lack of great speed could cause him to drop that far behind guys like Worthy, Pearsall and McConkey. His ability to make contested catches at 6'4" would enable him to immediately help Trevor and the offense. While he doesn't get great separation, I believe he plays faster than his 40 times indicate.

Due to the high number of players in this draft who could make a great difference immediately, my preference would be to move back from pick 17 and acquire another 2nd rounder. If they only move back 5 spots or less, they'd likely only get a 3rd, but could use that pick to get back into round 2. I believe any of the combinations of players listed below would be preferable to staying put at 17 or moving up to get Odunze or Nabers.

Rd. 1 pick (via trading back 3-8 spots):

Latu
McKinstry
DeJean
Wiggins
Verse

Rd.2 ( get 2 of these players after trading back once or twice)

O.Line: JPJ, Frazier, Morgan

Receiver: Coleman, Worthy, Pearsall, McConkey

DL: D. Robinson, Kneeland, Jenkins, Fiske, Orhorhoro

Cornerback: Rakestraw, Tampa

Any of these combinations of 3 would exciteme the most and they could add another offensive lineman and cornerback later on.

Frazier is underrated. Rakestraw as well. Would like them on the team for sure. Just a few days away. Should be a good opening night to the draft this Thursday.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I wouldn't sleep on Dez Walker with his speed/size. He stood out as best WR out of Keon Coleman/Johnny Wilson/Xavier Leggette

He is raw but a lot of upside if he keeps developing. If he makes it 3rd round I would love a trade up without giving up too much

1. Q Mitchell
2. Fuaga
3. DeJean

That trade up means we're sacrificing another pick(s) to pick a guy that we either coulda got at 17 or coulda got someone very close to his ability at 17.

Frankly I'd prefer to slide backward, net a day 2 pick and take the koolaid man or Wiggins instead if our hearts are set on CB in the first.

I wouldn't mind the idea of trading back and selecting kool aid or dejean or someone along those lines , and then come round 2 loom at trading down to get someone like JPJ who I have seen in alot of mocks fall down to early round 2 of recent

1. Q Mitchell
2. Fuaga
3. DeJean

Trading up for a sub 6 foot CB who runs 4.5 and gave up a ton of big plays is treason

I'm getting there.

17. Arnold, Mitchell, Dejean
48. Legette, Pearsall, Jenkins
96. McCormick, Bortolini, Van Pran

(04-23-2024, 09:34 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 08:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I would be mad.

I'd like to see the results on the field before I pass final judgement, but my initial reaction would be mild annoyance at trading up for Arnold.  We'd likely be giving up our 3rd and one of our 4ths to do so.  If one of the top 5 or 6 non-QB prospects falls to 14, that's when you trade up to get him imo.  I don't believe Arnold is in that category.
We aren’t even sure if he’s the best Alabama CB in this draft.

Trading up for that is downright horrible. Not a knock on Arnold but a knock on the process

(04-23-2024, 06:57 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 08:43 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: I've seen a mock where we trade up to 14 to select terrion

Trading up for a sub 6 foot CB who runs 4.5 and gave up a ton of big plays is treason

Gives big taven bryan vibes

Wow, it’s almost finally time. Jags hardly ever draft who I would like, so I’m not going to even predict, but I hope we get 2 or 3 great ones from this draft or Good ones.

Trade down with the Cards for n°27 and grab an extra 3rd (66 or 71).

Pretty sure some guys will fall at the end of the 1st like DeJean, Barton, Newton, JPJ, etc...

(04-23-2024, 10:22 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 06:57 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Trading up for a sub 6 foot CB who runs 4.5 and gave up a ton of big plays is treason

Gives big taven bryan vibes

Exactly the opposite, Bryan was a physical freak but not a good player at all. Arnold is a really good player who, if he was 2 inches and 15 lbs bigger, would be a top 5ish pick.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

What do yall think are the odds of Fuaga being there at 17? The Saints I'm worried about the most