Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL has eyes on L.A. site again; 4 teams (including Jags) in play

First a tebow thread on the new board....now this. MODS! Clean up aisle 3.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why do these guys include the Jags in saying that they can get out of their lease either after this season or the 2014 season.

Ignorant idiots, who did little to no research.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 08:56 AM by trunt87.)

Quote:Why do these guys include the Jags in saying that they can get out of their lease either after this season or the 2014 season.

Because they can?  Or maybe I am thinking about the short term contract they signed with Everbank for naming rights.  Not sure. 

Quote:Why do these guys include the Jags in saying that they can get out of their lease either after this season or the 2014 season.

You answered your question with your final sentence.

I don't have an answer why they are so ignorant though. It's as if they treat the Jaguars as their fantasy football team. They should move to LA. They should move to London. They should sign Tebow. No other team gets this treatment and it usually from ESPN.

;

;

I give up...  Move the team to LA, install Tebow at QB, trade MJD for a first round pick and draft both Clowney and Bridgewater (to learn from Tebow), trade Monroe as 26 year old LTs just are no longer any use, and use the new big screen stadium boards to host ultimate worldwide video game competitions (since no pro football team uses them any longer and Khan would need to drive add'l revenue for his stadium investment).  ....sarcasm       

Quote:It isn't gonna happen. When will people learn?
It should happen. Give the team to a city with fans that actually attend games. 

...because they can. 

Quote:It should happen. Give the team to a city with fans that actually attend games. 
Oh, you mean like they supported the Raiders...and Rams? Yea, makes sense. Yet more ignorance.

;

Quote:...because they can. 
For an astronomical fine that would be equivalent to over 1/7th of what the team was bought for. Makes sense. Perfectly doable.

;

Quote:It should happen. Give the team to a city with fans that actually attend games. 

Trollin on the river

It's my understanding the Jags lease runs through 2030. The NFL Relocation Committee has said they will not permit a team to relocate if it requires breaking a lease (after the Cleveland to Baltimore fiasco).

Now, leases are broken all the time and Khan has already broken the lease by playing home games outside of Jacksonville. But if the team continues to pay the rent on the stadium after a relocation is that breaking the lease?

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

Quote:It's my understanding the Jags lease runs through 2030. The NFL Relocation Committee has said they will not permit a team to relocate if it requires breaking a lease (after the Cleveland to Baltimore fiasco).

Now, leases are broken all the time and Khan has already broken the lease by playing home games outside of Jacksonville. But if the team continues to pay the rent on the stadium after a relocation is that breaking the lease?

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

The city council passed a resolution allowing the Jaguars to play these games in London in order to prevent breaking the lease.  My guess is Khan had to stroke a check to the city for the 4 games that will be played in London for the next 4 years in order to get the city council to sign off on this arrangement.  Had the team broken the lease, there are enough opportunists in city government to make it an issue if that was the case.  The fact that nobody is talking about a broken lease is a good indication they're at least in good standing with the city.

I know you and I are in agreement about the games in London.  I'm not a fan of the endeavor, even with the team as bad as it is right now.  I especially don't like it because my ticket prices remained the same for 9 games as they were for 10 games last season. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Three posts in and you've already made it clear you don't have a clue what you're talking about.  That's got to be a record.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Because they can?  Or maybe I am thinking about the short term contract they signed with Everbank for naming rights.  Not sure. 

I think it's probably a given that EverBank will extend that deal when the time comes.  It has increased their visibility, and made them a pretty significant player in the Jacksonville business market.

As far as why these people can continue to throw Jacksonville into the mix with other potential relocation candidates, it's because they see a screen grab from late in a blowout game where the stadium is nearly empty and they think that's the reality.  Had they seen pictures from the start of the game, they'd know otherwise, but that doesn't support the media agenda.  They don't pay attention to Jacksonville unless it's to find some way to make fun of the city, the fans, or the franchise. 

When Griese mocks Jaguar fans on ESPN saying they don't care about winning, and all they care about is signing Tebow.  The reality is fans are desperate for a winning team, and the overwhelming majority of JAGUAR fans do NOT want Tebow on the roster.  That's completely ignored because it doesn't fit the narrative they're pushing of a fan base that just doesn't care.  If you look at the coverage that stupid rally got at the stadium the other day, there were more people from the media there than acutal "fans" supporting Tebow.  It still made all the national sites. 

Over the years, it's become clear there's a tendency by national media hacks, including Schefter, to misrepresent the reality here in Jacksonville.  Despite having a bad team over the past few years, a lousy economy, and all sorts of uncertainty surrounding the team, the fans have continued to support the team.  They've shown up for games, bought the tickets and merchandise, and done everything they can do to silence the critics. 

Nobody ever makes mention of the fact we haven't had a blackout in years.  Regardless of how we've managed to accomplish that, it's completely ignored by the mainstream media.  When it's pointed out to them, they usually fire back with "Well, the owner bought up the tickets" or "They got a company to pick up the tab to avoid the blackout."

I always see that response and think to myself, so what?  Most teams rely heavily on corporate bloc purchases to sell out there games.  One only needs to look at Miami.  They've been leaning on corporate sponsors for years to avoid blackouts, but if you watch their games, those empty seats sure do speak volumes about fan support.  It's better for them this year because the team is winning.  Let them hit the skids again and let's see where the fans go on Sundays.

LA talk again, guess Oakland and San Diego are making a final push for stadiums. 

Quote:The reality is fans are desperate for a winning team, and the overwhelming majority of JAGUAR fans do NOT want Tebow on the roster.  That's completely ignored because it doesn't fit the narrative they're pushing of a fan base that just doesn't care.  If you look at the coverage that stupid rally got at the stadium the other day, there were more people from the media there than acutal "fans" supporting Tebow.  It still made all the national sites. 

Funny thing about that rally was some national media outlets still tried to spin the no show as lack of a Jaguar fanbase haha, and not what it was which was a lack of support for Tebow. 

Quote:The city council passed a resolution allowing the Jaguars to play these games in London in order to prevent breaking the lease.  My guess is Khan had to stroke a check to the city for the 4 games that will be played in London for the next 4 years in order to get the city council to sign off on this arrangement.  Had the team broken the lease, there are enough opportunists in city government to make it an issue if that was the case.  The fact that nobody is talking about a broken lease is a good indication they're at least in good standing with the city.

I know you and I are in agreement about the games in London.  I'm not a fan of the endeavor, even with the team as bad as it is right now.  I especially don't like it because my ticket prices remained the same for 9 games as they were for 10 games last season. 
What?  You're "season" ticket didn't come with one for the London game (giving you the choice of going, selling it on ebay or just throwing it out)?  I'm shocked!  It's almost as if the motive to move the game was money

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Funny thing about that rally was some national media outlets still tried to spin the no show as lack of a Jaguar fanbase haha, and not what it was which was a lack of support for Tebow. 
I put a picture I took from the opening day pregame ceremonies.  Stark contrast to what the national media was showing late in the 4th quarter.

Quote:What?  You're "season" ticket didn't come with one for the London game (giving you the choice of going, selling it on ebay or just throwing it out)?  I'm shocked!  It's almost as if the motive to move the game was money

I'm pretty sure everyone understands the motivation behind moving the game.  That doesn't make it right that the fans who lost the game still had to pay for it.  You understand the point, right?

Quote:The city council passed a resolution allowing the Jaguars to play these games in London in order to prevent breaking the lease.  My guess is Khan had to stroke a check to the city for the 4 games that will be played in London for the next 4 years in order to get the city council to sign off on this arrangement.  Had the team broken the lease, there are enough opportunists in city government to make it an issue if that was the case.  The fact that nobody is talking about a broken lease is a good indication they're at least in good standing with the city.

When Khan says he wants the Jaguars to be the hottest ticket in town (any town), and says he wants the Jags to be a global brand, and he says in the Univ. of Illinois commencement speech he is motivated by making money that should be a clear indication of his intent.

Regards................the Chiefjag