Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This week in the AFC South?!?! Week One

Damn I missed the cutoff. Would have gone Washington over Jags and Colts over Texans in the early games. I’m taking Titans over Giants.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Texans putting it on the Clots.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Interesting ending for the Texans/Colts today. Neither one of them could do enough to get the win resulting in our first tie of the year. I do wonder how that may end up impacting the division later on. The Texans looked better than the Colts throughout much of their game today. Davis Mills didn't look bad, I wonder how much improvement he may show this year. Disappointing loss for the Jags, but at least they fought somewhat in the second half. I was glad that James Robinson looked like he returned to form after his injury and played well. Hopefully he will continue to play well and will help the team this season. I think that the Titans could end up being the best team in the division this season, though it's still early.

The Giants just blew an opportunity to score on a turnover by committing another turnover. With some careful clock management, the Titans can leave the Giants little time to score again at the end of the game.

Ryan had 4 fumbles today. He let Jerry Hughes have a big game on him. Fully expect this defense to do better in the home opener.

Pederson needs to script up a 1st and 2nd drive for the offense that sells a commitment early but throws a curve ball at you later.

Etienne and Robinson need to be heavily featured as a collective. Need to start looking at the old New Orleans offense with Ingram and Kamara.

Let Lawrence cook when we need it but make the defense have to beat your ground game first. Should be priority number one with how bad the pass protection was today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 07:28 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 2 times in total.)

What a gamble by the Giants. Wow.

Looks like the tacks are going to pull this one out.

Oh.

My.

God.

Entire division goes winless in week 1, lol.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(09-11-2022, 07:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What a gamble by the Giants. Wow.

Oh.

My.

God.

That was a gusty and energizing move by the Giants that paid off in the end. I thought for a moment too there that the Titans was going to come back and win it, after the Giants kept committing penalties and keeping them in the game. But they got lucky with the kicker missing the FG. That was a good ending for the Giants and gives them some optimism to open up their season. And it helps keeps things open for the AFC South right now.

(09-08-2022, 03:50 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Texans

tittians

commanders

Texans tied with colts so thats a half win. makes it 0.5 for win,and loses. 0.5 for loses. 

tittians lose shocklingly so tats a lose    which makes me   0.5  for wins ,and    1.5 for loses 

not surpiseing jags lose thatss a win so makes me 1.5 in wins,and 1.5 in loses. 

so overall that makes me 1.5 wins 1.5 loses.  that sound right?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

The good thing is the division is still winless

(09-11-2022, 07:53 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 03:50 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Texans

tittians

commanders

Texans tied with colts so thats a half win. makes it 0.5 for win,and loses. 0.5 for loses. 

tittians lose shocklingly so tats a lose    which makes me   0.5  for wins ,and    1.5 for loses 

not surpiseing jags lose thatss a win so makes me 1.5 in wins,and 1.5 in loses. 

so overall that makes me 1.5 wins 1.5 loses.  that sound right?

Sounds about right to me.  Only way someone gets a full point (and endless street cred) for the colts/texans game is if they called a tie upfront.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 02:15 AM by HandsomeRob86. Edited 2 times in total.)

I guess half point sort of makes sense for tie, but I feel like its not consistent with our prior setup. Those are pretty rare so unlikely to call ahead of time. Havent had this occur before.

Missed the tacks. Got the jag/commanders and had the colts for the tie. 1-2 or 1.5-1.5 if we doing partials.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 11:03 AM by Mikey.)

(09-11-2022, 07:44 PM)mal234 Wrote:

Oh.

My.

God.

That was a gusty and energizing move by the Giants that paid off in the end. I thought for a moment too there that the Titans was going to come back and win it, after the Giants kept committing penalties and keeping them in the game. But they got lucky with the kicker missing the FG. That was a good ending for the Giants and gives them some optimism to open up their season. And it helps keeps things open for the AFC South right now.

They are a team with no major expectations this season, so yeah, roll the dice and take the chance to steal a win. Daboll gets his first win on a super gutsy call.

Sure beats punting for the tie, Lovie.

(09-08-2022, 10:42 AM)Mikey Wrote: Thanks for getting things started, here's to a successful season of picking the Jags to win

Jags 21 REDACTEDS 20 - This is really a toss up for me, but I remain hopeful that we start off strong with a dub in a winnable contest. The Redacteds miss Robinson and Young, and the Duval pass rush continues to rattle Wentz.

horseshoes 18 tinhorns(home) 5 - I don't know if this is a scoragami or not, but I don't give a flip about either team, so maybe a never-before seen final score makes it somewhat noteworthy.

tacks (home) 26 Giants 17 - This game is never as close as the score implies. screw the tacks, regardless.

0-2-1 for the first week, starting the season out on the hot seat....d'oh!

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 11:50 AM by JagsorDie.)

(09-08-2022, 09:31 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: This is completely still Bullseye’s gig but I haven’t seen any mention of it and with the season opening tonight I figured I’d toss up a thread for it. I’m trying to make it a point to commit to it this year so here are my picks.

Jacksonville @ Washington
Clots @ Tinhorns
Giants @ Tacks

My picks-
Jags 
Clots 
Tacks

Please feel feel to merge this Bullseyes analysis and thread if/when he makes one.

Let’s start this year off right boys good luck.

0-2-1 week one.

I guess we can either do a .5 in the win column as some are doing or just stick the final column in like the normal records would do. Everyone will have one since so body in their right mind would have guessed a tie

(09-11-2022, 02:29 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Damn I missed the cutoff. Would have gone Washington over Jags and Colts over Texans in the early games. I’m taking Titans over Giants.

That’s believable from a titans fan. I’ll give it to you despite missing the deadline.

1-1-1 sounds fair to me

(09-11-2022, 07:44 PM)mal234 Wrote:

Oh.

My.

God.

This was awesome to behold. Any/every Tacks loss is a good loss.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(09-12-2022, 11:49 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 09:31 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: This is completely still Bullseye’s gig but I haven’t seen any mention of it and with the season opening tonight I figured I’d toss up a thread for it. I’m trying to make it a point to commit to it this year so here are my picks.

Jacksonville @ Washington
Clots @ Tinhorns
Giants @ Tacks

My picks-
Jags 
Clots 
Tacks

Please feel feel to merge this Bullseyes analysis and thread if/when he makes one.

Let’s start this year off right boys good luck.

0-2-1 week one.

I guess we can either do a .5 in the win column as some are doing or just stick the final column in like the normal records would do. Everyone will have one since so body in their right mind would have guessed a tie

(09-11-2022, 02:29 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Damn I missed the cutoff. Would have gone Washington over Jags and Colts over Texans in the early games. I’m taking Titans over Giants.

That’s believable from a titans fan. I’ll give it to you despite missing the deadline.

1-1-1 sounds fair to me

haha thanks.  I'll be sure to get my picks in on time from here on.  Damn kickers....
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Stat of the day on a certain internet based show:

The AFC South played Washington, the Giants, and each other and is still winless.